Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 432 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Helton Carvalho
      Participant

Hello. Does the event called Gog UMagog automatically applies to the coming of Mashiach? Being the Mashiach an Upper Force of correction every single person must add their point in the sentence to finally reach critical mass, this so called event could be avoided somehow or is it a unskippable event we all have to face sooner or later? B’H”

Hi Helton,

The purpose of creation is preset. Meaning that everyone must reach it and everyone must go through all the steps that lead up to it. Our only choice in the matter is whether we get pushed in that direction through wars and suffering or we develop consciously in that direction on the path of light.

But then we can ask: will we still need to go through the war of Gog Umagog on the path of light? Yes, we will, but on the path of light, we can go through that state internally on the level of our thoughts and desires, instead of externally, on the level of physical wars.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/01/lets-go-with-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

hanneke
      Participant

hi Albert,

are things like war and conflicts between people made by our ego

what about naturaral disasters?

Hi Hanneke,

Yes, the ego is the cause of war and conflicts and even “natural disasters”. This is because nature is in the form of a pyramid. The lowest part of the pyramid is the inanimate nature, then comes the vegetative, then animate, and then the speaking (human) level. Each lower level is greater in quantity while each higher level is greater in quality. Also each higher level has a stronger and stronger effect on all the lower levels. Meaning that humanity, the peak of the pyramid, has the strongest effect over the rest of nature.

So if humanity is not corrected, then the uncorrected human ego causes the rest of the lower levels of nature to lose their balance, which in turn leads to “natural disasters”. And when we correct the human ego, the lower levels will return to their natural balance.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/01/chernobyl-is-flourishing/

Albert @ KabU

Hi, here is my question to understanding what i am learning. Thanks for your atention.

1- If The Creator cause all suffering in The human being, where is  the place of The Satan (teaching of The churches).

Hi João Chico,

The Creator is not the cause of the suffering, our ego is the cause of the suffering. The Creator sends us only goodness, but this goodness is inverted by our ego. It’s just like multiplying numbers: a positive times a negative equals negative.

In other words, there is nothing evil in the world, except for our own egoistic nature. As soon as we correct that nature, we will reveal the true reality, where only goodness exists.

As for Satan, that’s another way of describing our egoistic nature. Meaning that it’s not something out there somewhere, but it’s the very nature inside of us. It’s the cause of all the suffering we see outside of us.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/07/a-devil-with-horns-or-our-own-egoism/

Albert @ KabU

d
          Participant

“The Creator sends us only goodness”

He created the evil inclination. Thats goodness? How?

Hi Ron,

Without the evil inclination, we would not be separated from the Creator. Without separating from Him, we would not feel ourselves as existing. We would just be annulled within Him “like a candle within a torch”. So it’s thanks to the evil inclination that we can develop consciously.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/01/from-perfection-to-perfection/

Albert @ KabU

d
          Participant

Hi Albert,

The “evi inclanation” makes it possible that self consciousness can form.

But what baffles me in that process is if we really have free will or that is just a illusion? I do not choose my desires, they just pop up in me, Then all kind of thoughts form to satisfy my desire.

I have to make all kind of choices.

In a experiment scientists proved that on a sub consciousness level we do not really make that choice our self, X seconds(milliseconds?) before it is made for us. Puppets on a string?

Hi Ron,

You’re right, it seems as if we’re just puppets on a string. On the other hand, if there really is no free will, then what is the point of this life at all? So there must be SOME freedom in this system. Where exactly? We’ll learn in depth in lesson 2 of the 2nd semester.

Albert @ KabU

Sue-C
      Participant

I lack a clear understanding of what the five Spiritual levels mean individually. I noted the proper names and have researched the names; however, I do not have a clear interpretation. For example, if one of the levels meant that a person works on reactivity, then work on  . . . is there that type of explanation in language that would assist me in understanding the steps of each Spiritual level. Thank you.

Hi Sue,

The 5 spiritual worlds are not place like we think, but rather levels of concealment. World (Olam in Hebrew) comes from the word Concealment (ha-alama). So the 5 worlds are 5 levels of concealment between us, the desire to receive, and the Creator the general force of love and bestowal. To the extent that we correct our own opposite, egoistic nature, for it to also operate in the direction of bestowal, to that extent we reveal these worlds, these higher qualities.

Regarding the order and meaning of each world:

First is Adam Kadmon (primordial Man) this is the first form of the desire to receive that became similar to the Creator, but it operates in a different way then the rest of the system, so it’s called primordial.

Atzilut (from the Hebrew words etz lo: at his place, in his possession). This is the place where the Creator exists, meaning the pure desire to bestow.

Beria (creation), comes from the Hebrew word Bar, meaning outside of. Meaning that it’s already a distinct degree of remoteness from the quality of bestowal.

Yetzira (creation), also means creation but this time it stems from the Hebrew word yetzer, inclination. Meaning there is already an inclination of its own to the Creator.

Assiya (action), this completes the action of creating the desire to receive.

Keep in mind that we usually don’t translate these words when we use them in the lessons. A lot of times it’s better to use the Hebrew word instead of being confused by the translation.

As for attaining these things and understanding them, these are two separate matters. First we reach spiritual attainment and only afterwards can we understand these things. It’s like a blind person that is trying to study colors. He can learn the wavelengths behind each one, the different feelings they all evoke, but ultimately he will never truly understand colors. But if this blind person was to undergo an operation and gain his sense of sight, how easy and simple it would be to teach him colors. We would simply point to it and say “this is red”.

Same with us, until we reach spiritual attainment, it’s impossible to truly understand these things. In order to reach spiritual attainment, we need to correct our egoistic nature. This is done through the force of the light. So our entire work boils down to extracting more and more of the light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Igor
      Participant

I want to ask what exactly do you teach about these steps, downward as in our world, is it as overcoming those desires, renunciation as in upward, in some way returning those desires?

Hi Igor,

Our work is to correct our desires from receiving into desires to bestow. But our very nature is the desire to receive pleasure. Just like a PC cannot just change itself to run as a Mac, we too are powerless to change our own nature. We need help to perform this change. This help comes to us from the light. This is a special force which has the power to change our nature. Our entire work boils down to extracting more and more of the light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Johan
      Participant

Does kabbalah have  something to do with the coming of the messiah or Something like that?

Hi Johan,

In Kabbalah, the Messiah is not a person but a force. Messiah (Mashiach in Hebrew) comes from the verb “to pull” (Moshech in Hebrew). This is the force that has the ability “to pull” us out of our egoistic nature into the Creator’s nature of love and bestowal.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/what-do-they-expect-from-a-messiah/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 432 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.