Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Dr. Elham Bahador
      Participant

Thank you so much for the course. As one of the instructors mentioned , in order to understand the Holly book we need to understand the language of the upper world (Ein Sof) .  Do you have any courses to learn that?

Hi Elham,

It’s not enough to study the language of roots and branches, because it’s not something you learn but rather something that comes with spiritual attainment. Without spiritual attainment, we cannot truly understand these things. It’s like a blind person that is trying to study colors. He can learn the wavelengths behind each one, the different feelings they all evoke, but ultimately he will never truly understand colors. But if this blind person was to undergo an operation and gain his sense of sight, how easy and simple it would be to teach him colors. We would simply point to it and say “this is red”.

It’s the same with the language of roots and branches. It’s currently impossible for us to truly grasp these things. But once we gain our “spiritual sight” we would pick these things up very easily and naturally.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/02/why-do-we-need-the-language-of-branches/

Albert @ KabU

Ricardo Alves
      Participant

Hey there friends,

I have a question: Its about this chapter: “Chapter 2 – Spiritual Path, pp. 31-39 pdf”

As I understand I should read the texts and hope for heve a feeling? Is this?

How many times shoud I read?

See you latter.

Hi Ricardo,

Yes, you can say that we read in order to extract the light from the text. That light will begin to gradually change us and build these spiritual structures within us, until we will begin to feel what we’re reading about in practice.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

As for how many times you should read it, there is no magical formula here. It’s up to you. Keep in mind that every time we read, the light gradually changes us. As we change, we will begin to experience the text differently. In other words, I can read the same article today and tomorrow, and tomorrow I’ll experience it completely differently. It’s not about memorizing anything, but rather the more we invest into reading the Kabbalistic text, the more light we extract, and thereby the more we change and experience it differently.

But don’t focus on reading it mechanically a certain amount of times, rather set aside some time on a regular basis to return to the Kabbalistic texts, lessons, etc. Such a habit of regularly returning to the source of the light will help you throughout your entire spiritual development.

Albert @ KabU

davison
      Participant

dearest teacher,

would i be wrong to say that the torah is speaking to us not only in riddles but that we also miss most of it’s teaching because we only read the letter of the words (face value)?

if i may use the levitical laws and the lay-out of the tabernacle as an example:

we read about the person walking to the tabernacle with his sin offering and all we see is a sinner, but its not about that person but its teaching me about myself…

do i realize that the person with the animal on his way to the door of the tabernacle already did repentance (i mean he already is holding his offering in his hands), and what is he taking to the door of the tabernacle (animal (rich), two doves (middle class) or flour (poor)), which teaches me that they do have financial needs or not and what i need to do to assist such a person.

it’s teaching me not to judge but to think about what is said behind the physical words.

hope it makes sense

Participant

なぜカバリストたちはテキストを枝の言語を使って書かれたのでしょうか?お願いいたします

それを隠したことはそれらの知恵を守るためでしょうか?

davison
        Participant

if one is aligning to abba’s word (torah), isn’t that to aligning to his moral standard?

can you maybe give me an example of what you mean?

Hi Davison,

Kabbalah talks about acquiring a new nature. Morals on the other hand don’t change our nature, it’s a continuation of the same nature.

Our nature is our ingrained operating system. Let’s say that I have a Windows PC. I have a few programs installed on it. Changing our morals is like picking which program to install on that PC. I can install Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc. But regardless of which application I install on it, I will always be working with the same Windows operating system. In other words, regardless of the morals a person chooses to follow, that person will continue to exist within the same egoistic nature he was born into.

Whereas changing our nature is like switching to a completely different operating system, like to a Mac. Or in the Kabbalistic sense, we’re talking about acquiring the nature of bestowal.

As for studying “Torah”, it’s not about memorizing a few pages from a book. Rather it’s about having an intention for the light to change you through the study. We’ll learn about this in the upcoming lessons, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

google translation of the questions:

Why were the texts written by the Kabbalists using the language of the branches? Please

Is it to protect their wisdom that you hid it?

Yes, on the one hand, you can say that it’s to protect the wisdom. On the other hand, the language of roots and branches is the ideal form for passing spiritual information. There are no words or objects in spirituality, it’s a world of forces. But each of these forces have a corresponding corporeal branch in our world. So by using the names of the corresponding branch, Kabbalists can point out and talk about its spiritual root.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2010/12/the-spiritual-decoder/

https://laitman.com/2013/09/from-root-to-branch/

Albert @ KabU

davison
          Participant

great explanation, thank you

Richard
      Participant

A big thank you for the great teachings of Kabbalah. You said that everything in Torah is code from the roots using the language of the branches and had nothing to do with this world. Does that mean that the story of the Egyptian plagues, Passover and the crossing of the red sea never happened. Including other stories we read about Israel being slaves in Egypt for over 400yrs.

Thanks

Michelle
      Participant

I was wondering if learning at least some of the Hebrew language would be recommended to help in the study of Kabbalah? I’ve actually always wanted to learn Hebrew but never followed through with it.

Richard
        Participant

Wow Albert @ KabU…thanks for the eureka moment. I can’t wait to continue this journey to finding Ultimate Reality. You all @KabU rock. Thanks for the learning opportunity!!!😊

Hi Michelle,

Knowing Hebrew is helpful, but you don’t really need to learn Hebrew to study Kabbalah. All of our materials are professionally translated to English and many other languages.

But does the translation pass the full spiritual meaning? No. Hebrew is a language built for passing spiritual meaning, not just the meaning of the words, but every single letter and shape of the letter is a code for a spiritual state. So any translation is good but it will never give you 100% of the true spiritual meaning, it’s impossible.

So how big is the loss? For a person who is not yet in spirituality, the loss is very very small, even minuscule. In fact we have thousands of students worldwide studying with us on a daily basis, in a language other than Hebrew. Whenever Rav Laitman visits these groups, he always remarks how there is no difference in the spiritual advancement between these students and the students in front of him (all Hebrew speakers) that he studies with daily. This is because spirituality does not depend on knowledge but only on the desire. If we build the right desire for spirituality, we will feel it, if not, then no.

If you want an in depth explanation of the significance of the Hebrew language, check out this article. The ties between letters, words, and numbers:

http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/60270?/eng/content/view/full/60270&main

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.