Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 337 through 342 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lisa Callahan
      Participant

Could you explain in more detail the phrase as above so below.

Hi Lisa, good question!

Above and below is referring to the root and branch or to cause and consequence. We learn that our world is on the level of branches. In order to make any change here, we need do so on the root level.

It’s like watching TV. Let’s say I’m watching a TV show and want to change something in the show. I can start yelling at the show or even turn it off, or go to sleep or make a thousand other actions, but ultimately it will not change the show itself. In order to make any change, I would need to go to the source. In this case maybe to contact the director or something.

This is how our world works. That we’re on the level of branches, like that end result of a TV show that was already made. And in order to make any change here, we need to go to the roots.

We’ll learn more about this in the upcoming lessons, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2009/09/the-law-of-roots-and-branches-the-most-imporant-law-in-kabbalah/

Albert @ KabU

Dave
      Participant

So does this mean the Torah, Talmud, etc will be explained through a Kabbalistic lens at some point on this journey?

Hi Dave, good question!

Yes, to some extent we will be deciphering the Torah and the Talmud. Keep in mind that although these are indeed Kabbalistic books, in our days we usually don’t study them directly. This is because egoism grows from generation to generation, so Kabbalah, the method for its correction, needs to get adapted in each generation for that level of egoism. For example it’s like in medicine, if a person has a headache he can just drink a tylenol and that’s enough to fix him. But if it’s not just a little headache but something cancerous, then that tylenol won’t do anything for him but he needs a completely different regime to heal himself.

This is why Kabbalah gets adapted in each generation to the level of egoism that is currently found in that generation. So although there were many different Kabbalists and Kabbalistic books throughout the generations, nowadays we mainly learn from the writings of Baal HaSulam and Rabash, since their writings contains the light that is most suitable to correct the egoism that is found in our generation.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

The Great Kabbalists And Their Works

What Came First, The Torah Or The Wisdom Of Kabbalah?

If you’re interesting in learning how to properly decipher the Torah, check out the books: Disclosing a Portion or The Secrets of the Eternal Book.

https://www.kabbalahbooks.info/collections/books/products/disclosing-a-portion?variant=34617901809797

https://www.kabbalahbooks.info/collections/books/products/the-secrets-of-the-eternal-book-1?variant=34617980125317

Albert @ KabU

Karen
      Participant

Hello Dear Instructor and Fellow Students,

My feelings are that the very act of studying, discussing, and just participating together are actually changing us, transforming us, like we are all being pulled towards the Light. Is this the true alchemy of Kabbalah, and is anyone else experiencing a more positive and harmonious shift in your day-to-day life? Thank you all.

Dave
        Participant

Ahh I understand. Thank you so much!

Hi Karen,

Yes, you can say that. Essentially the process of learning about higher spiritual states and yearning to be in them is already bringing us closer to them. This is because through the study we extract the light, a special force that gradually corrects us and adapts us to the pure spiritual qualities of love and bestowal. This is why a big part of the method is simply to regularly return to the study, to the source of the light, which makes all the changes on us.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Brian Sachs
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I feel the same. I want to ask if the light is real?</p>

Hi Brian, good question!

The light has multiple connotations. When we use the word light, we’re not referring to colors or waves but rather that this is the force that is opposite the desire. All that was created was the desire to receive pleasure. The force that created this desire and fulfills it is the light. So the light is the Creator, the pure quality of bestowal. We can also say that light = pleasure, since this is what fulfills that desire.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2014/12/what-is-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

kenneth kimani
      Participant

Since I have begun studying Torah , how can the study of kaballah compliment torah study and is there the risk of my becoming confused by the different study methods?

Hi Kenneth, good question!

The Torah is a Kabbalistic book. So there is no issue there.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/10/what-came-first-the-torah-or-the-wisdom-of-kabbalah/

The issue is what do we do with these Kabbalistic books? What is the goal of our study?

If our goal is simply to acquire knowledge, then it’s not called that we’re learning Torah or Kabbalah. Rather we’re simply filling ourselves up with data just like we fill up a computer hard drive with data.

If our goal is to reveal the giver of the Torah, meaning the Creator, then in order to do that, we need to become similar to Him. This is what Kabbalah helps a person to do: to correct our opposite egoistic nature, for it to become similar to the Creator, thereby revealing Him in practice, in our lives. This is the goal that needs to be in front of us when studying Kabbalistic books.

Albert @ KabU

Fer Reis
      Participant

Which are the inner qualities our generation has that make us more susceptible to the awakening?

Xavid
      Participant

I was taught as a child by my mother that “G-D is everywhere in all things”, just as the words you use have power, so think about what you say about yourself and others. She also taught me that my thoughts have the potential to be my reality. She would mention other realms that few can experience like her mother and grandmother. So I believe in other dimensions because I myself have spiritual experiences that impacted my purpose in life like an unexpected kundalini awakening, and two out-of-body experiences where I traveled to another dimension. I did not plan nor meditated on these experiences they just occurred and caused a personal transformation. My question is “Are some people destined to walk on the spiritual path to bring more light to this dark world? by this I mean some unknown forces or events happen to guide that person on the spiritual path? I know about free will but that can lead to taking the wrong path and living in cycles.

Hi David, good question!

Yes, you can say that we’re destined for the spiritual path. This follows the saying that the Creator puts man’s hand on the good fate and says “choose this for yourself”. Meaning that He awakened your point in the heart which brought you to a spiritual environment in which you can nourish it. There was no choice in this matter. But after that, whether you strengthen yourself on that spiritual path or not, that is up to you. We’ll learn about these things in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 337 through 342 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.