Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 319 through 324 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lisa
      Participant

Hello, thank you for your intention to heal the world. I’m confused about the following: If I understood correctly, it’s said that the Creator manages our every life detail.  If that is true, how can we have any effect at all in what we do?, even in our decision to do this work or not participate in this work? Isn’t a law a law, whereby it is true in every instance with no ability to have an exception? If there’s an exception to the law that G-d is all there is, and that we somehow are able to make one move separate from God, then by what law or through what mechanism is that exception made possible? Thank you.

Lisa
        Participant

Alright, I’ll accept that for the moment. 🙂 I’m sticking with this, trusting it will be revealed through my desire. Thank you.

Hi Lisa,

You are correct that there is “none else besides Him”, that every single moment comes to us directly from the Creator. But it does not mean that we can just take this as a maxim and sit around doing nothing all day. The correct way to work with this concept is to split our work to internal and external. Externally I continue to exist on the level of this world so I must function in a normal way in society, follow the normal rules and laws of society, to work, take care of my family, health, etc. Meaning to do everything normally.

And internally, I try to attribute everything that is happening to the Creator, to “none else besides Him”. But this is our internal work and it does not cancel out any of the normal external actions that we need to take.

We’ll learn more about this concept in the more advanced lessons. In the meantime check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/10/if-i-am-not-for-myself-then-no-one-will-help-me/

Albert @ KabU

Massimo Roselli
          Participant

The question I have is: does illness also come from the Creator? Sometimes I find it hard to accept it although I know there’s a meaning I may not immediately grasp.

Dale
      Participant

From what I’ve been reading, most of the great scholars who have taught Kabbalah over the last few centuries have been Hasidic. And they believed in Satan and evil spirits. Have they all been teaching a false Kabbalah? Have they not been receiving their knowledge from the Spiritual World?

Lisa
        Participant

Thanks Albert 😊 Onward!

Hi Dale,

It’s a good question but I’m not an expert in other methods, even those that seemingly teach “Kabbalah”, so I cannot comment on what they do or teach there. In general, authentic Kabbalah has been around for about 5800 years, but it’s been concealed for the past 2,000 years, so people don’t really know what it’s all about (just picture a 2,000 year old game of telephone). So naturally, many different methods sprang up that are seemingly “Kabbalah”.

Some try to associate themselves with Kabbalah as a way to validate themselves, while others borrowed some principles from Kabbalah and created something else, which is how philosophy emerged and later on turned into science. Or it’s also possible that these methods sprang up as a result of the concealment of Kabbalah, this is how the modern religions emerged. But ultimately, authentic Kabbalah has nothing to do with any other method, religion, or belief.

Authentic Kabbalah is the method by which we can correct our egoistic nature in order to become similar to the Creator and reveal Him in practice, in our lives. And there is no faith or blind belief in Kabbalah, rather it’s a scientific method based on spiritual laws.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/kabbalah-without-a-trace-of-mysticism/

Albert @ KabU

Joshua
      Participant

Good day!

Does all matter originate from the roots of the spiritual realm?

If so, does all matter have consciousness?

Does all matter follow the same path of descent from the spiritual to the physical?

Does Kabbalah have wisdom of a relationship between anthropomorphism and egoism?

Thank you all for your love, kindness and truth. Echad!

Peter
      Participant

So is my main goal in Kabbalah to build my desire for the light? And this happens through study and contemplation of the light?

suzanne
        Participant

Hello, i tried to access the links you referred to, but get an error 404 not found, or laitman.com took too long to respond.  Maybe the site is down?  Just having trouble accessing the links.  Thank you

Hi Suzanne,

I’m not sure, the links are working fine for me. Maybe try now. If it’s still not working, please reach out to the tech support team through the “Need Help” button on the bottom right of the screen.

Albert @ KabU

Hi Peter,

The main goal of Kabbalah is to correct our egoistic nature in order to become similar to the Creator and reveal Him in practice. On our own, we are powerless to do anything against our own nature. So in order to make this correction, we need the force of the light. Our entire work boils down to extracting more and more of this light, which we do primarily through the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Albert @ KabU

Peter
          Participant

Thank you

Peter
      Participant

How long must one practice Kabbalah to break through the barrier into the spiritual world?

Hi Peter, good question!

We learn that there is no time in spirituality. Reaching it does not depend on hours of study or acquisition of knowledge, but rather it works according to laws. One of these laws is that “there is no light without a kli (vessel)”. Meaning that if we don’t have the vessel (desire) we have nothing with which to get the light (the fulfillment for that desire).

In other words, everything depends on us, if we build the right desire for spirituality, we will right away reveal it. If not, then even if a few more thousands of years pass by, we will still not reveal it. This is called “there is no coercion in spirituality”. Meaning if we don’t want it, we will not receive it.

And although we spend a lot of time studying, the goal is not to acquire knowledge, but through the study to draw the light, a special force that helps us to build the right desire. Meaning that we don’t need to be super strong, wise, or talented in order to succeed in Kabbalah, all we need is to extract more and more of this light and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Joshua
      Participant

Great day!

A grammatical question; as the study kabbalah is defined as a science (and study of) and one would not normally capitalize astronomy, cosmology or physics, many authoritative references to kabbalah capitalize the word. Given the absence of letter cases in Hebrew, I understand the lack of relevance.  What would be the appropriate representation in English?

Thank you!

Hi Joshua,

I’m not an expert on grammar but it seems to me like Kabbalah is used as a proper noun, so it gets capitalized.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 319 through 324 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.