Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 325 through 330 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sarah
      Participant

Thank you Tony. This is very, very powerful. I come from a Christian background. The bible also talks about living in this world but not of this world…many of us want the world to change for things to be ok, we want G-d to intervene in our lives at every occasion, is it because we really don’t understand who we should relate to him?

Thank you.

Hi Sarah,

I cannot comment on what they teach in religion. It’s best to keep Kabbalah and religion separated. It does not mean that you should stop being religious, but we should not mix these two things together.

As for properly relating to the Creator, you are correct that we don’t know how to properly relate to Him. After all, we learn that “there is none else besides Him”. Meaning that all of my thoughts, my desires, all of the life events that I see, EVERY SINGLE MOMENT comes to us directly from the Creator.

After we stabilize ourselves correctly and see everything as coming from Him, then we can continue this thought process ask “but why is He showing me this picture of the world, why is there so much bad in it, what can I actually do to change what I see”, etc?

We’ll learn about these things more practically in the upcoming lessons, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman:

There Is None Else Besides Him

Albert @ KabU

Dale
      Participant

Tony says that there is no need for amulets or red strings because there is nothing to be protected from. Is this because there is no Satan or evil spirits, or because they do exist but they serve the Creator and will not really harm us?

LB
      Participant

Joshua
      Participant

Shalom aleichem! Good day!

Does kabbalah’s language of “roots and branches” relate to PARDES (Pshat, Remez, Drosh & Sod) or does kabbalah have its own defined systems/ levels of understanding?

Hi Joshua, good question!

Yes, it does relate to it. Except in Kabbalah we learn that spiritual attainment actually starts from the Sod (secret) and ends with the Pshat (simple). Meaning that at first, we don’t understand how spirituality works at all. We’re learning it as something vague. This is the level of sod. Later on, we come to feel spirituality to such an extent that it will become pshat to us, as something that is fully attained and tangible.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/11/when-the-hidden-becomes-revealed/

Albert @ KabU

Andrew
      Participant

I had no questions at this point.

Carlos
      Participant

Hi!

Thank you for this beautiful explanation! It makes me wonder where I stand right now. How do we know when we have started climbing the ladder?

Hi Carlos, good question!

We’re not yet on any spiritual degree, we’re still in the preparation period prior to the spiritual ladder. But once we start to do real spiritual work, we can measure our progress in our attitude towards other points in the hearts. That I’ll feel how my attitude towards them changes, from complete indifference, all the way until I feel them as pieces of my soul. We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 325 through 330 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.