Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 133 through 138 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Pretty much all of my desires are for my own benefit. Does the process of correcting these desires happen through a change of intention behind the desire? The desire itself is not meant to change but my perspective and intention changes?

jill
      Participant

Are you saying that individual human lives lost is not a measure of good or bad.  It is the long game? what happens next?

Jose
      Participant

Of the three books recommended for the course which one is more indicated for continuous study (also considering the next phases)? Thanks

Hi Jose,

Kabbalah Revealed and Attaining the Worlds Beyond are there to give you a solid foundation in the Wisdom of Kabbalah. It’s good to read through these books from beginning to end a few times. We’ll be learning from them mainly in the fundamental stages of Kabbalah.

Kabbalah for the Student on the other hand is a textbook of primary sources. This is an advanced level book which we’ll be studying from throughout our entire spiritual development. It can be a bit challenging for us without the proper foundation of the previous two books. So for now, it’s best to just stick with reading the recommended reading materials in that book. After you get a good foundation, you can read through that one as well. And in the more advanced phases, we’ll study articles in that book together and in depth.

Albert @ KabU

Jose
          Participant

Hi Albert, Thank you so much for the very comprehensive explanation . I’ll do as you say. Best regards, José

What I have learned is that there is an act of balance of good and bad. This is how the universe keeps order of our world, between the people and things. The main question, what is main purpose of humans being on this? Is it to reproduce, due to our survival instincts or are we here to also find purpose and meaning in our lives?

Leah Bergman
      Participant

That’s a beautiful explanation of why evil exists in order as a measurement. It really makes sense to me.

Ptr
      Participant

Is the spiritual light that same light that was created on the the first day of creation? Is that called Ohr, and can you tell me more of that light?

Hi Ptr,

It depends on the context. In general, light has multiple connotations. When we use the word light, we’re not referring to colors or waves but rather that this is the force that is opposite the desire. All that was created was the desire to receive pleasure. The force that created this desire and fulfills it is the light. So the light is the Creator, the pure quality of bestowal. We can also say that light = pleasure, since this is what fulfills that desire.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2014/12/what-is-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 133 through 138 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.