Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 3 posts - 295 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Mark Taylor
      Participant

A lot of the concepts we are learning and discussing remind me of concepts found in the Book of Job – which I tend to think of as a kind of play (in the sense that Job could be produced on a stage) .  Would it be correct to suspect that the author of Job was involved in Kabbala learning at some point?

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is correct. The entire Torah, including the book of Job, was written by Kabbalists.  Keep in mind that these books are written entirely in a type of code called the language of roots and branches. Meaning that it uses words of our world to describe spiritual phenomena. As such, not a single word in these books is speaking about history or our world.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/05/dispelling-myths-about-kabbalah-part-4/

Albert @ KabU

Judit
      Participant

Why precisely 613 desires? Should we convert them one by one? And how it is possible to convert them? Only by a strong, deep desire?

Hi Judit, great questions!

613 is the number of corrections that need to be placed over the spiritual desire. This number is further divided into 248 desires of bestowing in order to bestow and 365 desires that operate on receiving in order to bestow. We’ll learn about this in detail in the more advanced lessons on KabU that deal with the structure of the upper worlds.

Keep in mind that these are 613 spiritual desires that we don’t yet have. Similar to how a single cell in a body only has some basic desires. But when that cell is part of a greater body, it reveals there higher desires which are impossible for the individual cell to have: desires for money, honor, power, etc. Same with us, until we integrate with the general body of Adam HaRishon, we don’t reveal or understand these 613 spiritual desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/12/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-613-desires/

Regarding the order of corrections, there is a certain order but in practice, we don’t work according to some pre-made list, but simply with whatever is being awakened in the moment.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/09/compliance-with-the-613-mitzvot-commandments/

Albert @ KabU

Jurgis
          Participant

“Keep in mind that these are 613 spiritual desires that we don’t yet have.”

“Same with us, until we integrate with the general body of Adam HaRishon, we don’t reveal or understand these 613 spiritual desires.”

In video material above at 11:28 is explained that it’s needed to transform those 613 desires from egoistic to altruistic. And there are events in our life to have a chance to transform those desires.

Also at 14:08 is explained that these desires are linked to our 125 steps till we reach of Adam HaRishon. So we would face step by step those desires and would need to correct them in order to reach of Adam HaRishon.

Now video material and Your reply seems conflicting for me. Please explain more. Or maybe my English is just at too poor level.

Hi Jurgis,

That is correct that we start working with these 613 desires when we start the ladder of 125 degrees. Except we’re not there yet, we’re still in what is called the “preparation period” prior to the spiritual ladder. It’s similar to how we first teach our children the basics: reading, writing, basic math, etc. And only once they grasp the basics, can we teach them how to apply all these things towards some kind of profession.

Likewise with us, we’re not yet doing practical spiritual work. We’re only learning about it, setting the foundations. We’ll learn how to put all these things into practice in the more advanced semesters.

Albert @ KabU

Jurgis
          Participant

Thank you for more information!

Micha
      Participant

From my understanding, this sounds a little like karma yoga. Can you give some practical hints or examples on how to transform a desire to its altruistic state?

Hi Micha, good question!

Our nature is the desire to receive. This is our operating system. Just like a PC cannot just change it’s own operating system to run as a Mac, we too cannot just change our own nature. We need outside help to make this change.  This help comes to us from the force of the light. Our work essentially boils down to extracting more and more of this light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it makes all of the changes and corrections on us.

So the most practical action that you can do towards performing this “transformation” is to set aside some time to regularly return to the source of the light, meaning to the Kabbalistic sources, videos, lessons, etc.  This will help you throughout your entire spiritual development.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Hi Joel,

1. I was not referring to disconnecting from the world. I was referring to a state where a person discovers that there is such a thing as spirituality and that he lacks it.

2. The dream of this world means that my picture of reality is not fixed, but rather it depends on the lens through which I look at it. If I’m not corrected, I look at it through the lens of my uncorrected egoistic state, and thereby I see a terrible world in front of me.

If I correct my ego, then I’ll start to see the world through that corrected lens and see that I’m actually in the Garden of Eden.

It’s like I have these dirty glasses through which I see the whole world as dirty. But the moment I clean my own glasses, I’ll look at the same world, but now it’s clean and perfect.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/04/in-neutral-gear/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 3 posts - 295 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.