Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Joseph
      Participant

In context of: Kabbalah teaches that the No. 1 issue humanity will face in the near future will be our inability to connect to each other above our growing ego.

Does destiny hold more power than free will? I ask in regards to the spiritual desire within me pushing me to seek the Creator. This led to connecting with groups from different paths. I experienced deep connection in a group, this connection brought (as I have learned from the Kabbalah courses) insights of Kabbalah concepts, but when shared connection turned to rejection. Path and group, one after the other connection, insight, rejection.

The spiritual desire was bringing Kabbalistic insights but finding this path took over 30 years. I now have a lot to unlearn. If I would have truly had free will I am sure I would have chosen the shorter path instead of the path of suffering endured.

As the wine skin parable goes, I am an old skin filled with old wine (old to point of vinegar), I cannot hold the new wine (current Kabbalah teachings) until I become empty of old wine and develop a new skin to hold the new wine (10).

Was the connection in those groups real as they did bring insights from the light?

What was the purpose of the insights that brought rejection and took a life time to reveal the Kabbalah path?

Is there purpose in growing my ego in rejection fear that has distorted my perception and by projection to the world as a whole?

And again, does destiny hold more power than free will?

Does destiny hold more power than free will?

There’s no free will like we think of free will. That’s a complete illusion. Specifically thanks to this illusion there is free will, which is only with regard to choosing the authentic path of Kabbalah, including the recommended group method, etc.

So, you’re right that there was no real free will. That’s only within the path of Kabbalah. And the free will becomes something deeper than what I’ve mentioned. At each moment I have to realize the free will more deeply. It’s by constantly adhering to There Is None Else Besides Him, as in Shamati article 1. And then, to what extent do I respond back to the Upper Force as recommended by Kabbalists.

As to what comes before Kabbalah, it’s purpose, and it’s very important, is to show me what is not true. But before, I so much was immersed in falsehood, not intellectually but in all those desires of mine, that I could not advance in the truth, even if you would present it baldly before me. I hate the truth, truth disgusts the Will to Receive, because it means I have to totally rise above the Will to Receive, to a new evolutionary level. And that’s like death to the Will to Receive who is now as-if like some loser friend I used to hang out with but now I’m at Harvard med school and he has no real place with me now, so will he support me in that? But still, he did develop me at the stage I was at. He wasn’t worthless, even though he has fallen into irrelevance. However, in this case, he will later become extremely important, the center of my life. But not right now.

Sol Belo
      Participant

Here are my impressions and questions about the points raised in this course.

1.  I get a sense that kabbalah is addressing the disparity between the upper whole  in the diagram and the lower disjointed one below.

2. Also I feel this is an organic process that will happen inevitably.

3. Is there a connection between Kabbalah and the teachings from Atlantis?  Pythagoras seems to have been in touch with that too.

4. Although I wish I had encountered Kabbalah earlier in this life, I feel incredible appreciative for finally getting started here.  Although this is my first year and I am struggling with the theory and practice, I sense changes around and within me.

Kabbalists used to share parts of the wisdom with anyone who wanted to learn. It was written that Pythagoras translated the word Kabbalah into the Greek philosophia, as all his teachings were in externalization of what he was able to understand from the Kabbalists. Anyway, there’s no time to go into all that research, but if one becomes a Kabbalist he sees how prior to the first man who had an inner inclination to reveal the Creator, called Adam HaRishon, people lived almost as beasts, practically in yards. From this person spread all the wisdoms, inadvertently all the religions, culture, languages even. Whatever is written in the history books, all will reveal this for themselves, plain as day. Hence, the wisdom of Kabbalah encompasses but also transcends all the sciences, all the wisdoms, and in it is a straight path through this reality to the Creator of this reality.

Etienne Fourie
      Participant

Hi

I would like to know about when and how we should (enter) form groups?

is it maybe still too soon and should I have more knowledge of Kabbalah.

Yes, you should study first several materials as the group work is based on that study. You’ll get a group in the graduate environment.

Erez D
      Participant

Hello,

I have a question that any answers I find seem to contradict each other.

It is in regards to a screen and obtaining Lishma. I am reading now in the book The Science of Kabbalah volume one

“The “desire to receive” for ones own sake turns first into the desire to receive nothing at all. Then the “desire to give” everything to the Creator appears”

But in Shamati article 5 it states that

“Then, after all the deeds and the remedies, can the prayer be earnest, because he has seen that all his deeds brought him no benefit. Only then can he pray an honest prayer from the bottom of his heart, and the creator hears his prayer and gives him the gift of Lishma.”

My question is – if a person receives nothing for himself, to reach the stage of “emptiness” before TA, does he restrict or not restrict his desire for obtaining Lishma, should that be the only desire left? Because the desire itself would be egotistical before crossing the barrier. If it remains as the only desire, does that hinder you from obtaining it since it is a reward that you’re working for? If it doesn’t remain as a desire, then where is the prayer and the awakening from below?

I can’t seem to get past this contradiction. When a man realises that everything he does is for his own sake, that he is unable to perform any actions for the Creator, when a man truly realises this, how does he move forward? Even asking the Creator for the gift of Lishma would be an egotistical request..

Hi Erez,

first, this won’t be the last time you’ll find a contradiction in Kabbalah. In every matter there are three lines, and they’re not all spoken of at once. There are the two lines, and then the middle that decides between the two, is born out of them.

Lishma is a miracle, that is only the Upper Force knows how to do this to a person. The person has to try, but all the while he’s doing so with the expectation that the Light will do what it needs to with him to make his wooden airplane a fighter jet. He has to keep going “vvvrrrroooom vrrrooom” as if he’s flying, but by this the Light, so to speak, accepts that this is what you want. We don’t have the ability on our own to make the Reatriction, nothing. Only by the Upper Light can anything spoken of by Kabbalists be realized, except our efforts in the somewhat correct direction according to the advice of Kabbalists.

Erez D
          Participant

Thank you so much for your quick response

I understand that one must exert themselves fully and labor in order to find.. whilst at the same time Lishma is a miracle and comes from Above.. the middle line in this situation and the contradiction is not an issue for me.

My question is in regards to the actual desire of wanting Lishma and wanting to cross the barrier. Since man needs to reach a stage of “emptiness” before crossing, and needs to want to receive nothing at all. Does that include not wanting to receive Lishma? Since asking for it would be an egotistical prayer..

My confusion comes from this and how either a yes or no answer raises questions

if desiring Lishma is the way, then doesn’t that hinder you? Since you are working for that reward. You exert yourself hoping/waiting to receive Lishma. So it is not faith above reason. It is an egotistical request.

if desiring Lishma is not the way, then how can a prayer be raised for it since in Article 5 in Shamati it is stated that only once a true need/desire for it arises, will you be answered from Above.

it seems like an endless loop. You recognise your evil, and recognise that even asking for an escape is selfish. Yet the only way out of the evil is through Lishma. To actually do something not for yourself for once. Yet you feel guilty asking for it because you are asking for selfish reasons.

Thank you

It turns out each time that there is no contradiction, even though on that plane of logic you’re right. Baal HaSulam writes that it is not within man’s mind to be able to understand how this thing called Lishma can arise. Rabash says that it is similar to how a person who only tells little fibs does not feel that he’s a dirty liar. Only by the accumulation of many lies does he realize what a liar he is. For us, this means we need many lies, meaning acts of Lo Lishma, in a kabbalistic group. We need to try to realize the law of reality – love of others as yourself. We need to try even though we know it will be egoistic. Because the ego doesn’t regally agree with this purely theoretical assertion that I’m an egoist without a shred of good in me. But with many acts of Lo Lishma, meaning acts of love of friends that I tried to do purely, in bestowal, with the intention to give the Creator contentment, during this the Upper Light shines and shows me what a liar I am. And then I have a true request to the Light because I see that only it can help. Without a group to practice this in I have only tiny white lies and I can’t see the extent of my desire for self alone, and thus I can’t really need Lishma, and without a genuine need it will never granted. But when I really see that I’ve already exerted all I could to hold myself permanently in love of others with the intention for the Creator and I was still egoistic in this, then, that miracle that is beyond man’s mind to comprehend, occurs. That is we get a new mind, heart, understanding. The quality of the Creator.

Erez D
          Participant

Thank you very much

Sol Belo
          Participant

Me too. thank you both for the question and the two replies.

Sol Belo
          Participant

Me too. thank you both for the question and the two replies.

Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

Hi there,

My question is seeing the last lesson. You are talking about building relationships. And being equal to the creator. What kind of relationships are they? Just honest relationships between each other or do you mean something different?

Kind regards Danielle

hi Danielle,

The relationships between us are always egoistic and opposite to the Creator. Anything that occurs to us to do is egoistic. We need to get our instructions from an outside source (Kabbalists) and we need to implement their advice with the help of a force that doesn’t come from within us (the Upper Force). Furthermore we need to practice in a place that does not accord with activities I might be doing already even if I wasn’t doing so in order to attain the quality of the Creator – like going to work, spending time with family. It has to be done with a group of students who also want to follow the same path.

Raiza
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi😊💫</p>
      My first  question is about the point in heart… How can we know Its activated in us?

And second question is… If I want to choose a man for relationship, should he has an activated point in the heart?can he effects me at this point? And how can I understand his point is activated?

Best regards🙏

Hi Raiza,

The authentic wisdom of Kabbalah a person cannot study if they don’t have a Point in the Heart. It has no special icons, prayers or customs to hold onto and promises you nothing in the afterlife. It gives you no prestige, but the opposite: no one will comprehend why you’re busy with this unless they too have a Point in the Heart. Anything else – yoga, a religion, some other ambition – they can somehow understand. But Kabbalah? Therefore a person gets the method by which a person can attain the quality of the Creator without being confused with the targets we typically aim for in this life.

As for a husband, you should choose one by the regular standards you would go by. A Point in the Heart is rare and it’s hard enough to find a spouse. It would be good if he knows you have this desire to realize the meaning of your life, if that is important to you. And of course, if it were possible it would be ideal if he had a Point in the Heart but you can’t in any way push that on a man. He either has it or he doesn’t. Meaning it’s awakened now or will later.

Raiza
          Participant

Dear Gianni

I dont know how to say thank you…

You showed me the way,

Hope you the best and hope God’s light fill your life

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.