Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Vania
      Participant

Can you achieve aquivalence of form today without a group of ten?

Hi Vania,

Equivalence of form means that I become similar to the Creator, to His qualities of love and bestowal. In order to love and bestow like Him, I need to have someone I can love and to whom I can bestow. But there is a condition that “there is no coercion in spirituality”. So we cannot do spiritual work with just anyone. We need to find those with active points in the hearts that are interested in doing spiritual work together with us. Given that these types of people are rare, less than 1% of the world, chances are you won’t find someone like that among your corporeal acquaintances or family members.

So where do we find such people? In the Kabbalistic group. The Kabbalistic group is made up of many people around the world that are interested in using the Kabbalistic method to reach spirituality. And in the more advanced phases of KabU, everyone will receive their own Kabbalah group (a ten) with whom they can put all these things into practice.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Albert @ KabU

Hello,

I am not sure I understand what a desire means. Can you please give me few examples? I understand the desire for spirituality, ok, I guess I have that one, but 613? Or am I missing something?

And this: …this system is perfectly built to create the exact desire that will allow a person to come into balance with the thought of the Creator through the Law of Equivalence of Form…

one exact desire?
      how does that desire can look/feel like?
      how can you know if you have that desire or not? and distinguish it from other desires?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Zorica,

The 613 desires that we are learning about are spiritual desires, meaning desires that we don’t yet have. This is similar to how a single cell in a body only has some basic desires to sustain itself. But when that cell is part of a greater body, it reveals there higher desires which are impossible for the individual cell to have: desires for money, honor, power, etc. Same with us, until we integrate with the general body of Adam HaRishon, we don’t reveal or understand these 613 spiritual desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/12/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-613-desires/

This is why we focus all of our work on building that one desire to integrate and connect back into that general body of Adam HaRishon. What does that desire look and feel like? It’s a desire to connect and be close to others. When they speak, I really listen and value their words. When they are doing something together, I want to be there with them. If they are down, I want to uplift them, etc.

Keep in mind that we do this work only with other points in the heart in the Kabbalistic group. It’s like we’re building here a certain nucleus. Once we build that nucleus, we will be able to add to it wider and wider circles of the world, until we’ll come to include the whole world in that connection. But this is gradual work. And until we build that nucleus, we have nothing with which to do any spiritual work towards the world. So until then, how do we behave towards the rest of the world? We behave there normally, just like everyone else.

We’ll learn how to do this type of work practically in the more advanced semesters. It’ll be a lot more relevant in the graduate courses when everyone will receive their own Kabbalah group with whom they can put all these things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

Scott
      Participant

I’m loving what I’m learning and I can clearly see methods described, but will there be more on the “how-to” or detailed examples to initiate the changes, or am I missing it explained already? Am I supposed to already be designing the process in my mind to change my ego etc or do I wait for further teaching? I do understand what’s being taught, but not sure if I’m supposed to be working on the process, or if I’m supposed to wait until more is taught.

Thanks!

Hi Scott, good question!

Our ego is our ingrained nature, our operating system. Just like a PC cannot just change itself to run as a Mac, we too cannot just change our own nature. We need outside help to make this change. This help comes to us from the force of the light. This is a special force that can change our nature. Our entire work boils down to extracting more and more of this light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

So from the point of being a complete beginner in Kabbalah all the way until the point of the final correction, all of our work is in extracting more and more of this light. The only difference is that in the more advanced phases of our studies, we are able to do this work together with others in a Kabbalistic group, which exponentially increases the amount of light we can extract.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Gabor
      Participant

Hi,

It’s not easy to ask a question about this lesson. Sometimes I feel like I understand something, and then I realize that I don’t.

So there is no question, just wanted to share my experience.

Gabor

ali malekzadeh
      Participant

Hi,

So Complete equivalence of form happens when we correct all of our desires (to be same) with the laws of nature?

Lora Vatalaro
      Participant

I’m really interested in a concept that was made so clear this week—changing “the will to receive with the intention to receive” to “the will to receive with the intention to bestow.”  Is it possible to work on this with a mundane and common daily desire such as the desire to look nice before leaving the house?  Can one learn to elevate even that?  Can one’s desire to groom nicely be transformed from an egoistic desire to “not for my own sake?”

Hi Lora,

It is possible but it’s not recommended right now. As beginners on the spiritual path, we don’t want to confuse ourselves with the countless desires that awaken in us. Instead we focus all of our spiritual work on our desire for spirituality, on connecting with other points in the heart on the spiritual path together with us. This is the foundation of all of our spiritual work.

And in the more advanced stages of our spiritual development, we’ll learn how to measure all the rest of our desires relative to our desire for spirituality. We’ll begin to see how the rest of our desires can help or take away from the spiritual connection that we are building here.

We’ll learn about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Lora Vatalaro
          Participant

Thank you so much.  This was very helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.