Can you think of a situation where you have identified your survival instinct taking control over you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Happiness 8. Know Your Instincts: What’s Stopping You from Seeking Connection? Can you think of a situation where you have identified your survival instinct taking control over you?

• This topic has 25 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

KabU
    Participant

Can you think of a situation where you have identified your survival instinct taking control over you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      peter
      Participant

absolutely yes i am 100% sure that no one has not felt that they have the need to protect which generally brings out an attitude that we regret at a later stage but still feel we where justified by doing so. But now after learning kabbalah I feel that there where other ways of dealing with it that would have produced succesful results and no longer feel my egoistic actions need to be used as a justification but rather use them as lessons or steps to rise up from

Abbaa Naa’ol
      Participant

While we all react to stressful events in different ways, many of us try to protect ourselves by refusing to accept the truth of what’s happening.

Eva
      Participant

More often then I am comfortable with; when very strong egoistic people who are using the ego’s full force for self benefit insult me, I alway freeze. Have no ability to flight neither to fight back, so just simply turn into a freeze mode. When threat lifts I slowly come back to my senses and all becomes clear how I could’ve defend myself or stand up for myself, all “smart” assertive scenarios running through my mind, but is too late. Then shame, self judgement, resentment and/or anger flushes my whole body, I feel it running in my bloodstream. For few years  now I am learning how to safely release/heal trapped survival energies that might be lurking inside me since birth or even in-utero, through somatic experiencing – relatively new method. The study brought me to neuro plasticity, polivagal theory and epigenetic inheritance. Very educational/ practical work I find it important/useful to do along the study of Kabbalah. Trapped and unhealed survival energies are powerful and damaging if not dealt with properly.

Rae
      Participant

I was diagnosed with PTSDC if that tells you anything lol 😁

So enjoy people now that I study BB Kabbalah 💖

Peter
      Participant

I think it happens way too often 🙁

Helen
      Participant

Yes, I experience high levels of cortisol whenever I see someone arguing or being rude, aggressive or any other type of violence.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.