How can I pray in a way that will get my prayers answered?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 1. The Essence of Kabbalah How can I pray in a way that will get my prayers answered?

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Fredrick Hughes
      Participant

By not praying to fulfill egocentric needs. James 4:3 NIV “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”

Shmuley
      Participant

Prayer is asking my Higher Power to learn that everything I experience is good for me to grow and learn, as well as to be good and give blessings to others.

Rick Reed Sr
      Participant

I have said prior that God is not a genie and it’s there just to provide for our wishes however I didn’t have the additional part that intent is more of a key. I have prayed that I will be changed but it has a different understanding now.

Deb
      Participant

Rather than praying from the idea of requesting to be saved or rescued from a situation I rather not experience, a more beneficial approach would be to perceive the situation from a higher more selfless position in as close to alignment to the creator as I am capable. Pray for the strength to  to deal with whatever occurs in my life from as non judging if a position as possible.

Mihaela
      Participant

Realizing that intention is everything. So if I pray for the good of mankind I combine in prayer the logical and common sense thinking with the connection and the good that we feel in the heart for all people. And with the intention of connecting with the Creator to channel the light through me to everyone.

bridget
      Participant

Prayer with gratitude of my perception of the present moment, express from the heart without expectation of what I think is best. Ask for guidance.

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 291 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.