How can I pray in a way that will get my prayers answered?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 1. The Essence of Kabbalah How can I pray in a way that will get my prayers answered?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Leslie
      Participant

In my meditation I’ve found the most effective means to receive divine guidance/assistance/nourishment or whatever I’m seeking is to have no real agenda but the intent to receive. To “give it up” as it were to my higher power and allow for what they wish to give me.

Amirhossein
      Participant

If we pray for ability to rise above ourselves it get answered but it has to be a real one from the bottom of our heart. Humanity’s evolution is taking it to the state of realizing it’s oneness and a prayer that is in the same direction as nature’s plan gets answered.

YVETTE
      Participant

I find that the intention of the prayer is very important. We have to ensure that our intentions are for the good of all as well as self.

When I realize that I don’t know the purpose of anything, because I consider all that happens around me from the perspective of my sole benefit and gain.

We sometimes succeed and get what we think will make us happy.

Then we realize that it’s not achieving it that brings us lasting joy (having it and enjoying it). Soon we feel just a memory of the excitement we felt when we obtained it.

We see the need of being taught and instructed about how to feel happiness, because our usual way does not work. The source of this way of looking for fulfillment is our very nature, the will to receive. So we can’t escape from it.

The moment we feel the urgence to change our ways and our incapability to make it happen, we open up ourselves to the assistance of and the modeling of our intention by a higher force. We are asking for correction of our natural intention of getting satisfied for our own benefit. This is the real prayer, and it is always automatically answered the same moment we are honestly seeing the situation in this terms.

The process goes onwards, and each step is based on this interaction: we feel miserable because we believe that something that happens is bad for us; we realize that we feel that way because we are not understanding properly what is happening, and we ask for correction, to expand our comprehension. And that comes in the realization that all that happens has the same root: the Kindness of the Cause of everything in this level of outcomes. So everything can only be for the good of all. We are changed from the perspective of our own profit to the view of the general good. This gradual and constant correction of our point of view eventually develops in us the qualities of equanimity and kindness, altruism and not self-centered reference that will lead us to ultimate happiness, a joy that is not fleeting but it rather is a permanent state of giving and receiving as the same.

Scelo Mdaka
      Participant

I often tend to pray for other people not to pray for myself and in most cases if I am in a situation a miracle happens and I find myself out of it.

M H
      Participant

I have experienced rapidly answered prayers during brief moments in my life when I was feeling closest to Him.  I began to notice the prayers that were answered where prayers for things that pleased Him. I didn’t word it that way in my mind at the time, but hind sight now learning Kabbalah tells me asking to do his will is pleasing to him.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 291 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.