How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      David
      Participant

Short answer   Alone We can’t  (I’ve  come to know this quite well)  Although thanks to Kab.U   I now know the reason for this and a way of answering it. THANK YOU

Rachel
      Participant

I can only have unlimited satisfaction when i recieve pleasure for bestowal.

ORLANDO
      Participant

Hi Friends

The pleasure stems from a fulfillment of the desire so let me see if I got this. I have a 3 legged Kangal Shepard dog. He is a BIG dog. My wife help that dog to walk and run for months. That dog now plays better that our other dog. Help me here friends, The goal was my wife’s satisfaction of seeing the dog play without limitations( 3 legs, big dog) and she did accomplished the goal. So with that being said: My wife desire to see the dog well was met and I noticed that all who knew the dog and saw him running praised my wife and she felt fulfilled and content. It seemed that there wasn’t enough praise that could filled her. Every time she looked at that dog she couldn’t help it but feel proud of herself but I notice that while the desire of the dog getting better and the help was a selfless act you could say an altruistic act that once she pointed out that if it was not for her, the dog would not be able to walk, that if it wasn’t for her, the dog will still be cripple, I think that the praise she gave herself filled her really fast and when others praised her the desire of helping the dog was endless.   Does this make sense even a little ?

Ed Mereoară
      Participant

Having pleasure from feeling somebody else being satisfied in receiving from Creator enlightenment and not thinking about me.

Norma Schmepp
      Participant

I need an unlimited ever-expending desire that can draw a boundless fulfillment. to do that I have to seek pleasure in the fulfillment  of others because this desire to bestow is a spiritual desire and one taste of it is greater than all the pleasure felt by all  creatures over all time because it’s a pleasure not felt in our little subjective needs but in everything. there is no limit to that desire and there is no end that the pleasure derive from the need.

Nancy
      Participant

Be aware of our ego

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.