How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Shmuley
      Participant

When our intention changes from satisfying our desires to becoming satisfied to satisfy, and bless others and our HIgher Power then our desire changes from ego to others. That becomes our main desire and pleasure, to become a blessing to others.

Mihaela
      Participant

Taking into account not only our desire but also that of others. I think that in this way you can expand your Kli so that it includes the others Kli, whose desires you consider. And the will to bestow creates more space for the will to recive, so you receive more as your Kli expands, but so do the others. All with the intention of bestowing.

Richard Lively
      Participant

Before Kabbalah i did something for 20 years, I truly enjoyed it for the self.  It was probably the most selfish thing I have done for even more than 20 years, but prior to finding Kabbalah I gradually got more and more mal adaptive to it.  It all started about 5 years ago.  Since I was a child i loved to just play and imagine play, and then play became easier with the advent of computers in fact one’s imagination became one’s playground with art and many other things.    I was obsessed with my hobbies but a few years prior to learning what Kabbalah was my hobbies were not enough.  I could no longer sustain my desires to fill the self with pleasure from the things I know for a fact completed me at one point and time.  Now all that will complete me is reunification with the creator.  Nothing else will ever do and i think even when I was in my hobbies that was always sort of part of the goal.  What doesnt make sense about it all is, I dont understand what happened.  One day i was content in self absorbance and one day my hobbies started making me tired.  I know now from studying at Kabu basically this was a type of development.  But it happened so sudden if i hadnt found KabU i would have just stayed depressed and miserable.  I have tried to get back in to some of my hobbies (im currently trying to draw something again and even though im not an artist i love to create art) and i just cant pull myself away from Ba’al Sulam’s writings or these courses.

henry
      Participant

El placer siempre anula el deseo al quedar este cumplido; esto es cierto para placeres terrenales, tal como el alimento, dinero, el deseo de poder. Se sacian, para reaparecer luego con más intensidad, por lo cual nunca son satisfechos. Si elevamos nuestro deseo hacia el mundo espiritual y el acercamiento al creador, este nunca se extinguirá.

Geoff
      Participant

How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

If this were not so,  we would not be motivated by new desires for pleasure just beyond our reach.

We would be stunting our ability to learn (satisfaction), and grow from ego to spirituality.

ANA VALERSTAIN
      Participant

Maybe we need to work on our desires.

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.