How can we live our life (our current incarnation) to the fullest?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality How can we live our life (our current incarnation) to the fullest?

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      heather
      Participant

By being willing to connect with God.  Wanting to be a vessel.  Being alturistic

Dyrk
      Participant

I struggle with this question’s word “fullest” because it connotes a sense of maximum capacity that can be reached. Kabbalah has taught me, thus far, that soon after I fulfill a desire, the pleasure of that fulfilment dissipates and a new/different/larger desire presents. In other words, the moment my life is at its “fullest,” it expands leaving more room to be fulfilled.

Based on where I am in this life, it seems a more accurate question to ask, “How can we live our present lives more fully?” or, “How can we live a fuller life?”

The “er” ending on the word “full” indicates ongoing movement/growth, while the “est” ending offers a sense of finality or “goal achieved.” To live my “fullest life” or my “best life” or my “greatest life” conjures a sense of perfectionism that indicates I am somehow failing if I am not at a level of peak performance 100% of the time. Given the “ups and downs” nature of human experience in this life, I would rather not endure a sense of suffering by setting myself up for NOT reaching a goal of “fullest;” rather, I prefer acknowledging that I am living a “fuller life” than I used to be and there seems to be an even “fuller life” than this, as long as I keep going.

Therefore, if the question reads: “How can we live a fuller life in our present incarnation?” my answer is: “I can remain in a perpetual state of exerting physical/emotional/mental/spiritual effort to permit more (fuller) “goodness” to enter my personal sphere of consciousness. Also, based on what Kabbalah teaches, this would mean exerting effort toward creating/maintaining an environment that fosters “conscious elevation.”

Tracey
      Participant

By developing spiritually, becoming more like the Creator, and joining in community with others who wish to do the same.

Tracey
      Participant

By developing spiritually, and joining in with others who wish to do the same.

Marcin
      Participant

I would like to know.

Anthie Televantou
      Participant

Do our best to fulfill our purpose here, to become like the Creator. To give, to help, to care and to help others also by transcend the ego.

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.