Preparation Prompt: In Kabbalah, our primary task is to draw the reforming light, which supplies all we require for spiritual progress. Moreover, it’s said that aiding others accelerates our own spiritual ascent. How does this dynamic operate? What does supporting fellow seekers with a spiritual inclination entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Experience Week 4 Discuss Preparation Prompt: In Kabbalah, our primary task is to draw the reforming light, which supplies all we require for spiritual progress. Moreover, it’s said that aiding others accelerates our own spiritual ascent. How does this dynamic operate? What does supporting fellow seekers with a spiritual inclination entail?

Preparation Prompt: In Kabbalah, our primary task is to draw the reforming light, which supplies all we require for spiritual progress. Moreover, it’s said that aiding others accelerates our own spiritual ascent. How does this dynamic operate? What does supporting fellow seekers with a spiritual inclination entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      N/a
      Participant

True altruism at the human level entails placing the needs of others ahead or our own.  Altruism ultimately requires faith in others based on the same degree of faith in oneself.  Faith in oneself is a function of knowing and fully accepting who we are in our Creator, that we are already whole and complete and have no particular needs of our own.  Our only intention is to extend our peace to our brothers and sisters, which enables one to keep his/her peace.  One’s only intention, therefore, is to connect to others through a single unifying thought by receiving others just as they are without trying to change anyone and without wanting anything.  The aim is to use our vessel of reception to satisfy the needs and desires of others by adopting them as our own.

We are already endowed with the Creator’s Light.  We were created to receive the Light of God and we are, therefore, already filled with Light.  To draw the reforming Light is to realize we already have the Light within us, knowing it is the Light of the Creator which sustains us and renders us whole and complete, without any lack within ourselves.  This self-realization is made possible by what Kabbalah calls the point in the heart, which is our direct link to the upper world.  The wisdom of Kabbalah plays a vital role in helping us realize this about ourselves and teaches us that our one true function in life is to extend the love that we are onto the world, both within and outside of our group of ten through the development of a strong sense of community and desire to work together to cater for all of our basic needs.

Justin Wood
      Participant

In order to support fellow seekers, my intention must become more aligned with the will to bestow. As a result of this alignment, I become closer in equivalence of form with the Creator.  When we increase our equivalence of form with the Creator, we increase our capacity to draw and sense the reforming light. When I draw light for my own development, I draw a narrow stream; but when I draw light for the development of others, I draw significantly more light than I would have for just myself. I benefit exponentially from this because all the light that I draw for others passes through me first, working in me every bit as much as it does in the others.

Seamus Dolan
      Participant

How does this dynamic operate? What does supporting fellow seekers with a spiritual inclination entail?

It involves connection within the group under the guidance of a teacher and the proper books, as is said “love thy neighbour as thyself”.

francesca
      Participant

It looks like connection

Loyda
      Participant

It looks interesting!

Jazmir
      Participant

Unión, connection and then love…

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.