Preparation Question: What does it mean to connect with others? In what desire are we connected?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Experience Week 2 Discuss Preparation Question: What does it mean to connect with others? In what desire are we connected?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Justin Wood
      Participant

On one level, students of Kabbalah are connected by their mutual desire for spiritual truth and direct experience of the upper force. But on a broader scale, we are connected by our desire to receive.  When we interact with others on the basis of our own desires there is no actual connection occurring; there is merely conditioned interaction between egos. In order to actually connect with others, it is essential that we set aside our own desire to receive in favour of emphasizing the desires of others. The degree to which we are able to elevate the desires of others above our own dictates the degree to which we can really connect with them.

Nick Martinez
      Participant

Honestly I am not sure. Things have become far more confusing as my studies have advanced

Robert
      Participant

to invert our nature to exist for our own pleasure to create a connection with others. to give.

N/a
      Participant

We connect to each other through one single, common unifying thought.  We connect by all wanting the same thing, recognizing it can only be attained by working together.

Justin Wood
      Participant

All people share the desire for well-being.  At some point in one’s development, it becomes possible to recognize this as the desire for intimacy with the creator.

Leyah Lynette Evol
      Participant

Shalom 🙂

I don’t think connection can be forced.  I believe it is a natural flow and that the upper force is instrumental in bringing the right people together in divine timing.  The same force is responsible for putting others into isolation, if that is required for Soul growth, and for ending connections, if that is required for Soul growth. I believe we are interchangeably each others teachers and students.

TEACHER

A teacher is a higher, wiser place in all of us

whom we gain access to

when we start

questioning and understanding

The Ego.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.