Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 187 through 192 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      D
      Participant

I read this in The Kabbalah Experience, pg 214

“During the study of Kabbalah, when the will to receive grows, the measure of the screen grows with it, which is the aim to please the Creator, rather than yourself. Thus a great man, a Kabbalist, has a great desire to enjoy, but a corrected one. “

Soraziz
      Participant

I believe it means seeing the world from the perspective of the Upper force. Looking at the world with the light on and seeing things differently. Perceiving pain and suffering less negatively and understanding better how our own individual intentions can ease the situation going forward.

Rae
      Participant

Perhaps shifting from “I don’t know and I don’t care, this scary, this is stupid” to “there is a desire present to learn this method of correct reception through connection to Friends in hopes of bonding with Creator. This feeling is not going away and in fact seems to be growing!”  ❤️

I start to say a few words and find it difficult to put in words at all, and it makes me laugh!! Gratitude!!

Roger Fry
      Participant

As far as i understand it, the ego is limiting and based on recieving. Moving to bestowal is aligning more with the creator and equivalence of form. So in a way becoming more ulturistic.

Leah Bergman
      Participant

Having our thoughts line up with those of the creator, which we can only do as he fills us more with his light.

Tom
      Participant

To me it means seeing the world in a new way since until I started my study of Kabbalah I did not realize how much ego permeated how I viewed the world.

Viewing 6 posts - 187 through 192 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.