Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 2 Discuss Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

Preparation Question: What is freedom and how, by the help of the Reforming Light, can we acquire it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Juule
      Participant

I see freedom as rising above the ego that only desires for itself alone. I see the reforming light as doing what its name suggests as re-forming the ego that would desire to bestow.

Lilla
      Participant

I would say, freedom is freedom from ego, from myself there is connectedness and bestowal. This is freeing I think. We achieve this freedom by clinging to the Creator so that He reveals Himself and the ego (separation, lack, suffering) proportionally disappears.

Ed
      Participant

We spend the first nine months of our existence enclosed in our mother’s womb. For the next twenty-odd years we are under the dominion of parents, teachers, and possibly the military. The remainder of our adult years we become slaves to our jobs, parental duties, civic responsibilities, and fatigue. Then in our Golden Years of retirement, we are under the control of doctors. Sure, we’re free.

The reality is we are more like mice in a maze, searching for that ever-elusive scent of cheese. At some point some of us begin realizing like Bob Seger in his song, ” I Feel Like a Number,” and yell out, “Damn it I’m a man!”

My guess is the only “free” move we can make is to look up out of the maze toward God, and pray for an “out.”

Hai Mag
      Participant

Love, Logic, and the Leap of Faith: A Journey Beyond the Physical

Aristotle called us rational animals, and surely logic shapes much of our world. But what about love, especially that soul-deep connection that feels preordained? Science can’t fully explain it, yet it feels real.

Here’s a thought: maybe our free will lies not in logic, but in a kind of “sixth sense” – the holy spirit or the third eye, as religions call it. This “sixth sense” lets faith become a way of knowing, a way to access a deeper reality beyond the physical.

Imagine this: our everyday choices might be influenced by a constant “benefit-loss” analysis, but through faith, we can break free. We can embrace this deeper connection, this love that transcends the material world.

Think of it as a leap of faith, a journey guided not by logic, but by an intuition that whispers of something more. Is this where our true free will lies? In choosing to see beyond the physical and embrace the possibility of a love that connects us all?

Greg
      Participant

Freedom is mostly an illusion. Our only freedom is to choose what circumstances to put ourselves in to foster spiritual growth and perhaps our attitude toward our situations. The latter, I am not totally sure, is true because there is none else besides him, and our thoughts are not our own, so I am a touch confused.

Antonio
      Participant

Been able to discern between actions that help me connect with spirituality and those who are not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.