Putting your feelings aside, what did you take from this section of the course?

New Home Forums Course Forums The World, the Jews and the Science of Human Survival FEELINGS ASIDE Putting your feelings aside, what did you take from this section of the course?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seraphim
      Participant

One of the take home messages about the stories of the Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, and the School of Wisdom founded by Abraham is that the Babel story shows humanity at its worst in a totalitarian state, and the story of Sodom shows us the worst excesses of an extreme Libertarian “community,” but Abraham’s school was in the goldilocks zone, giving the world an example of a perfectly balanced, harmonious way to approach life. It was the seed for an ideal social model, and even though Abraham faced many problems and challenges, he and his school of wisdom possessed the optimal approach for successful living, which is the basis of the wisdom of Kabbalah.

ORLANDO
      Participant

I believe that the pressure put on the Jew in a way is for unity and perhaps we will follow in there example to the world.

Nancy
      Participant

It’s clear that the original Jewish society knew what connection is. It some how dissipated throughout history and there is some form of amenesia. The Jews are confused of why they are persecuted and the anti-semites probably don’t know why they persecute the Jews.

John
      Participant

The world has many problems, and many genocides, and we are taught that the capital letter G is used when we are talking about the Genocide of the Jewish people, – but in reality there are many crimes against humanity committed every day.  I think to understand the cure to the Genocide, also involves understanding the cure to all genocides, and to improve the lives of all persons, (Love your neighbour as yourself) and find solutions to the many issues, including debilitating poverty, famine, and war, is a part of the picture, when we are trying to find the cure to how people think, – about the Jews, and everyone else.  For people to think that a defensive response, for the protection of their race, which will destabilise the entire world, well I hope a solution can be found – but as we are heading towards a looming E.L.E. (extinction level event) well they say that God does work in mysterious ways.  The world is in a hell of a mess, and some solution needs to be found, as humane of a solution as possible, but none the less, is life on the planet worth living, for who, and how can we improve the quality of life on the planet, and as well heal the Eco-systems, and find a new mindset, that can solve most if not all of our issues?

Maria Bolgar
      Participant

I can picture to myself Humanity only as a body of a single race.

Is it possible that the story is about forces playing out not in the physical part of Nature on Earth, but rather in the spiritual realm? About only the result materializing on Earth on the inner and projected levels? That Nature in the spiritual realm decided the separation of the solely bestowing and altruistic driving force (energy?) into two distinct desires to define man: the soul and the ego? Could this be the will of the Creator to prevent entropy and accelerate human development through the interaction between the opposing qualities of egoistic desire to receive for pleasure and the altruistic desire to bestow? Materializing on Earth in a clash between two human forms, Abraham and Nimrod? Each of whom embodying both qualities? Only Nimrod allowed himself to be misled by his ego into believing he himself was God? Hence, breaking his soul’s contact with the true God, Nature? Chasing pleasure as king through many “idols” i.e. corporeal desires at the expense of his people? While Abraham, consciously using his ego to serve him as intellectual power to strengthen and prove his soul’s intact connection with Nature’s spiritual forces and hence Light? Empowering him to remain intact in the fire, to become Israel, to found a country in the same name and become the spiritual father of the Jews?

Could this be the meaning of the story? I’d so much like to hear other thoughts on that.

Tony Escujuri
      Participant

Jews are a systemic part of nature at this stage in our human development.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.