Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Dave
      Participant

We all will make it to the same place eventually; the only difference is that for those who chose the path of suffering,  it will be a longer time.

Hai Mag
      Participant

Unveiling the Root of Suffering and Cultivating the Light Within

A truth dawned on me today, simple yet profound. The root of our suffering lies not in external circumstances, but within our own minds. When our ego takes the reins, it bombards us with desires fueled by the incessant question, “what’s in it for me?” These desires, born from our egoistic nature, promise finite pleasures.

We chase them relentlessly, like a dog chasing its tail. But the fulfillment of these desires is a double-edged sword. If we fail to reach them, we suffer the sting of disappointment. And even if we do achieve them, the pleasure they offer is fleeting, quickly dissolving into a yearning for the next thing. This cycle of desire and dissatisfaction keeps us tethered to the future, pulling us away from the richness of the present moment.

Is this the trap we’re destined for? A life perpetually chasing fleeting satisfactions? Deep within, a different yearning stirs, a whisper of something greater. It’s a yearning that transcends the limitations of our five senses. It’s a soul’s yearning for connection with the Creator, a spark within us demanding a reunion with the light from which it originated.

This awakening ignites a transformation. As we loosen the grip of the ego and cultivate a more altruistic perspective, the world around us shifts. We look deep into the suffering of our lives, and we find moments where we can make things better. Perhaps a helping hand for someone in need, a kind word to uplift a spirit, or a simple act of compassion. In these acts of giving, we begin to experience a deeper sense of connection, a fulfillment that transcends the fleeting pleasures of the ego.

Reason, governed by the five senses, can only take us so far. True fulfillment lies in cultivating this spiritual desire, nurturing love and acceptance within ourselves. This journey is a constant exploration, a path towards a life less controlled by desires and more illuminated by the light of the Creator.

JamesM
      Participant

Once again, great lessons. Thank you so much.

What’s blown my mind is the feeling, the deepening understanding, that everything I’ve been through in my life, every experience, every decision, every relationship, “good” or “bad”, has happened for a reason. A single reason. A reason I am now beginning to understand. Everything that has happened to me, is happening or will ever happen, is a result of the Creator’s desire to bestow upon me union with Himself. And now, with the help of these lessons, His desire is also mine. In this sense, we are already one. The process of rising back up through the levels of the worlds has begun. I can taste it. Just a little. Just enough to make me want to taste even more. There can be no turning back. It’s onward and upward til the “end” – of which there is no end. How wonderful!

Sharilyn
      Participant

What blew my mind or gave me a new perspective is learning how “removed” I currently am from the Creator. From one of the reading assignments, I learned that I must develop the strongest desire for the Creator permanently so that no other desire exists – regardless of any circumstance.

Sheila
      Participant

Yesterday I watched the short video of Rav Laitman explaining how you will ‘know’ by your feeling when you have attained a higher level. Yes, that made sense to me. Tonight I received the set of books called Secrets of the Bible Package (www.kabbalahbooks.info/search?q=secrets+of+the+bible+package) and purchased at a discount I could afford. There are 4 books packed in 2 packages. I was excited to open them and the first one I chose contained only 1 book, The Zohar.

I am writing now to share with you that after studying for a while with some new age geared teachers and then being led to join this lesson group here, I am a beginner on the path but very attuned to spirit. When the package was opened and the book revealed, I was overwhelmed before ever touching it. The feeling was as Rav Laitman described, “You will know the feeling when you get there.”  All I could say was, “Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow” in response to that feeling, with those famous chills running through me, as I carefully opened the second package with the 3 other books and brought out each one and peeked inside them all. In those private moments I knew I  had attained that first level where I knew that I had learned and was able to learn. I knew how it felt.

I wanted to share this because I wanted to have someone to share this with, and I wanted to recommend to other beginners here to consider owning the books.

Robert
      Participant

to connect with the texts and authors , the key of preparation .and the concept of Adam Harishon and to attain the connection of the system of souls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.