Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Jazmir
      Participant

The law of the Universe, Equivalence of Form. Something that never thought it even exists….

Jack Davidsen
      Participant

This time in the Knowledge Check, I kept getting one of the answers in Question 5 wrong…..this one: I didn’t tag “Identifying with the Will to Receive”. The reason why I didn’t choose this answer until my final attempt, was that in my eyes it would be counter productive to seek to rise above what’s your very nature. I mean, we are taught that we are created to receive, it is all we can do and all we will ever be able to do. While we can rise to identify with the Will to Bestow, we can never stop receiving, which means we can never rise above it.

This is the reason why I kept getting it wrong. I didn’t understand the question, and I probably still don’t understand it completely.

Normally I wouldn’t correct a wrong answer if I didn’t understand the correct answer first. But i9n this case I did correct it because I think I may see how it is that we can rise above identifying with the wish to receive: …

While we cannot stop receiving, we can attain Equivalence of Form, which means we identify not only with ourselves as the Receiving Creature, we also identify with HaShem who Bestows, and in doing so we become more than the Creation who only lives to Achieve for our own, personal sake.

When we view it from this perspective, we don’t seek to become something we are not, in fact we are becoming our complete self, as close to One with the Creator as a creature can possibly get to his/her/their Creator.

I hope I’m making sense (and if not, what I wrote is probably not very important to begin with). 🙂

Jack Davidsen
        Participant

HaShem = The Lord, in Hebrew (i.e. the Creator, G-d, etc).

Ilya
      Participant

That the key is the desire, the point in the heart, that can’t be fulfilled any other way.

Mixedmultitude
      Participant

The thing that bless my mind is that after thinking about the lessons for an hour or even a couple days, I realize not only is that absolutely true but ‘I’ knew it already! I think to myself, I’ve already this out but I know I haven’t. I mean some things have been revealed but the whole methodology, dare I say, ‘resonates’ deeply to my soul!!!

Molly
      Participant

While reading the assigned texts and trying very hard to intellectually understand the ?” mechanics ” of the Kabbalah, I had a moment of total frustration and anger ( the black cloud!).

I questioned everything.
      Stream of consciousness as follows :
      This is crazy !
      This is gobbeldygook!( madness)
      Why would anyone make anything so completely counter intuitive and unachievable?
      How many people have made it to those spiritual levels since the dawn of time?
      100? It must be pretty lonely up there !
      If this is how enlightenment or spiritual ascendancy is achieved, it makes no sense…it is at every turn a Catch 22, you can have X but you need X before you can get X !!
      (Catch 22 : is an impossible situation because you cannot do one thing until you do another thing, but you cannot do the second thing until you do the first thing. From the novel Catch 22 by Joseph Heller ) .
      You must become like the creator to know the spiritual world …but you cannot do that because you are at your core the opposite of this creative force.
      You must be like the creator to attempt equivalence of form , but he will not reveal himself to you until you have at least a degree of equivalence of form ??
      I think I have an understanding and then I read a new piece of information and Im utterly confused.I wander in and out of despair as I ponder the utter impossibility of actually achieving any of these levels.
      MMMM maybe Ill do that Ancient History Course instead!

In this frame of mind I began the final reading from “Attaining the Worlds Beyond ” and strangely it was as if it was written exactly for me and no doubt for many other students, both historical and current
      ; ” when with our entire being we feel that we have exhausted all possibilities and all powers , only then do we realise that only creator can help” Pg 431.

I do not believe in the scheme of world history, my attempts to reach the creator are in anyway comparable to the many who have gone before me, saints , sages and wise men, and of course those who still search today …. My efforts are minuscule by comparison.
      However I understood in that flash of insight that this is the circle you must travel again and again to an understanding of your place, an understanding of the enormity of the ?? creator, the force of nature we are longing to know & rejoin, and how hard it is for us to grasp that force and go with it.
      There is no way to “think” yourself to that understanding.
      I had a profound sense that the journey will be long and I will have many more moments of despair, anger, darkness, but my thoughts are…. what other path would anyone take ? the light is the only way.

The clear way of becoming equivalent in spiritual form, with the Creator.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.