Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

• This topic has 165 replies, 155 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Margaret
      Participant

Throughout both versions, I really tried hard to connect with the Zohar and to maintain the intention. Doing so requires a lot of focus, but what I would say is that the feeling I got was more intense when listening (but not understanding) the Hebrew version. I can only describe it as quite a visceral feeling within, similar to a strong and felt awareness of my inner body. It is hard to describe, but it is a somewhat intense feeling that evokes great respect for the beautiful words of the Zohar.

Margaret
      Participant

Throughout both versions, I really tried hard to connect wit the Zohar and to maintain the intention. Doing so requires a lot of focus, but what I would say is that the feeling I got was more intense when listening (but not understanding) the Hebrew version. I can only describe it as quite a visceral feeling within, similar to a strong and felt awareness of my inner body. It is hard to describe, but it is a somewhat intense feeling that evokes great respect for the beautiful words of the Zohar.

Jesse
      Participant

I liked the Hebrew reading more. Durning the English version I was trying to listen to the words like it was a story and was having a hard time following. Durning the Hebrew reading I was just listening to his voice and I felt something, not sure what it was or how to describe it but I know I felt it.

Mihaela
      Participant

Listening to and reading The Zohar in English is like perceiving the symphony of the universe as a song with visuals. Listening to the Zohar in Hebrew, the symphony is only sound without an image. However, what matters is the beauty and complexity of the symphony as a sound, and it can be felt just as intensely in both cases. I am referring here to sound, not as something perceived by one of the 5 senses, but rather as a complete symphony of the light of Ein Sof, which is beyond the reality we normally perceive. It’s hard to put into simple words the experience of the Zohar.

Gelaye Gudisa
      Participant

Great teaching, now I’m seeing visions of different colors but they are not stable, I feel and see some kind of energy, my body is shaking…… I have seen thunder lighting …… I am unable to control myself

kay
      Participant

I preferred the Hebrew version. The words resonated, maybe because I listen to Ana Becoah , often.
      not understanding either, but shall persevere.

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.