Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

• This topic has 165 replies, 155 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ralitza
      Participant

In English: I was trying to understand the meaning of the text. I failed, of course. I was irritated. So I had to remind myself about the intention all the time. Not very successfully, I guess.

In Hebrew ( I don’t speak Hebrew): I could let myself go, like listening to Ishtar’s Horchat Hai Caliptus. Some words I understood like Bina, Hochma, Elohim. I discovered that I like them very much. It was easier to hold the intention. Maybe because I was more relaxed?

Yajaira
      Participant

It was very difficult for me to hold the intention!

tefo bogosi
      Participant

I don’t understand Hebrew, but for some funny reason I felt a slightly greater pull when I listened in Hebrew

Attila
      Participant

English version: I was automatically trying to understand intellectually and was not able to switch to trying to sense instead.

Hebrew: Was even more difficult as I understood some of the words but not enough to truly understand intellectually. So again, I could not switch my mind by defocusing the intellect and focusing on the sensing instead.

Definitely need to practice.

Talya Machuca
      Participant

Because I know Hebrew, it didn’t make an impression by just listening, but the English version, enlight me, even that the reading didn’t made much sense.

Sue Witchworks
      Participant

Both versions worked for me. I don’t speak Hebrew, so I did not understand a word, however, I cannot really say anything different for the English version (not my mother tongue). But after I listening to Hebrew and listening to the English version a second time – whilst reading along now –, I became really tired and a voice inside of me told me: I will heal your wounds. And I understood that I had to go to sleep. It was very peaceful. Shortly before that a scene came to my mind where I was debating with some ficticious friend of mine and I only remember the words “bestowing anger”. That I found really, really amazing as it did not disturb the peace I felt. Anger is not the typical thing you would think of bestowing to someone, but I do have a lifelong problem of being rightfully angry with people in general, especially those close to me. So I do feel some closure now.

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.