Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

• This topic has 165 replies, 155 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Mike
      Participant

Both English and Hebrew were beneficial, and as a native English speaker of course I was listening differently to the words and the sentences–I was able at times to let go and not try to capture the meaning, but at other times it actually made sense to me. Will it on the second hearing? Third? The intensity and volume of the audio in English was louder and full stereo. The Hebrew was fainter, a murmuring in the right ear. The English voice seemed to have something important to communicate and commanded more attention, the Hebrew voice seemed almost like overhearing a conversation at the next table at a café. I recognized various Hebrew words we’ve been exposed to via these classes now and then, but wasn’t trying to comprehend sentence structure. Constantly toggling back and forth between English and Hebrew doesn’t seem to me a profitable path as I will simply try to translate.

Rune T. A.
      Participant

Both versions gave me a sense that something important, almost other-worldly  was going on/being conveyed.

The Hebrew version gave me sense of recolection of some sort and seemed more powerful. However, I was interupted by inner images of men in a cave that awoke a feeling of dedication to Creation/The Lord/The Creator/Life/my Purpose, it’s hard to describe…

The English version was harder in terms keeping focus as it was was harder to shut out my intelligence…

Tammy
      Participant

The Hebrew. I felt a vastness and felt like I was totally supported by The Universe.  With the English my mind wouldn’t relax and let go of the words.

Chava
      Participant

A purposeful stillness.

ARD51306
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>It will take work for me, but I did feel calm and at peace while listening.  I am excited to continue on!</p>

Niklas
      Participant

My intention while listening was to “let the words of The Zohar correct my intentions”.

Both versions, but especially the Hebrew version, created great peace in my heart and much joy in my body. It felt like everything inside me released, like there was no need anymore to “strive, and make things different”. I got a bit dizzy, but also my thoughts grew silent (maybe to 1 % of their normal activity).

I think I will buy an audiobook of The Zohar in Hebrew and listen to that daily. It feels like having this daily activity will allow me to give everything else its necessary time to develop.

I never want to push things prematurely, but I also do not want to go against the light in my heart.

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.