Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

• This topic has 165 replies, 155 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Joseph
      Participant

I am reading the volumes of Zohar Pritzker edition by Daniel Matt and I notice that my mind loses focus that the words are describing an internal process happening now and not just literature of historical events from the past. But, I can say when I spend several hours a day in the study my sleep is filled with dreams pertaining to the wisdom in the study that I do not perceive while being awake (maybe this sleep and dreams is actually the reality of being awake?). So I noticed the same process going on while listening to this reading, first my mind getting caught in a literal meaning of something outside myself then a switch to recognition this is about what is going on inside my soul and collective soul. My ego would like to and tries to beat me up about how this is beyond my understanding but I have made a vow to myself to keep pushing on no matter what the feelings arise as truly my feelings are all over the place!

Lisa
      Participant

It was harder for me to keep the intention when listening to the English version because I was focusing on understanding. With the Hebrew version, it was easier to maintain the intention to connect with the words to allow them to bring in the light that reforms, since I didn’t understand what he was saying I wasn’t focused on understanding his words, only on the Intention. Thank you.

Joanne Kabu-W10
      Participant

I felt the point in my heart stir. Both English and Hebrew resonated in my heart. Just a feeling, not understanding.

~marz
      Participant

hope.

Rick
      Participant

I felt  frustrated that I didn’t feel anything.  listened to both versions several times. Fell asleep during the Hebrew version, two times of the three times I listened to it at about 1 min in. Personally I got more out of reading it then listening to it.

paul domingo
      Participant

I feel a sense of familiarity when I listen to the words spoken.

The letters also remind me of how screen on the Matrix movie where I felt that that there is something in me that can decipher meanings

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.