Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

the environment; both answers

Letta
      Participant

I think free will is an illusion because it is not free. Sometimes we have to make choices, when two or more options appear. These choices may be predetermined. Sometimes they feel like some kind of test. What am I going to choose?

Haze
      Participant

Free will is when I (actually) rise above my ego.

Amirhossein
      Participant

We can choose when we have at least two options. I can’t choose in a real way when my only options are egoism and egoism. If I find the other quality (altruism) then I can have a real choice.

The obvious point about it is that I can choose between two things that I want but can I actually want to want something? If I can choose what I feel I want (even if at current state I hate that thing) it might seem like I am free from the chain of the desires I haven’t choosen.

Free will is just a sensation, since I’m always perceiving illusions. If only the truth exists, then there is no real alternative, so there’s no other option to choose. There are only alternative choices within the individual dreams.

Annmarie
      Participant

My free will always feels real. I live in this perception, therefore, I believe in my world. I live in my world. I do not see any difference other than the world that I live in. I have never felt that I was an illusion. I may have some reality checks, but I am not confused that I am an illusion. Now that I am studying Kabbalah I am learning a great deal more than I have ever contemplated in my past. I believe that I can change my egoism through my choice of environment.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.