Young Group Discussion

New Home Forums Course Forums GE Forum – Ask Connect Inspire Young Group Discussion

Zohar
    Participant

Very beautiful and heartfelt selections and motivations!

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seraphim
      Participant

During the November 13th, 2022, Young Group, I was very confused about what Gianni was saying about 30 minutes into the meeting when he said that we should not try to talk about the Wisdom of Connection to uninitiated people by starting the conversation about the hidden reality behind this one. Gianni said it would be too “mystical” a topic for most people. But if this is true, then why are the Matrix films are so wildly popular? (They’ve already made fout blockbuster Matrix films based on this very premise). And that’s not the only example. It seems to me that all the general public is thinking about these days is whether we live “in a simulation”, etc. Multiverses and “other worlds” seem to be the theme of just about every other bestselling youth novel. So, how can Gianni make this astounding, culturally tone-deaf claim?

Peter
      Participant

Hi family, my apologies for missing Young Group today. I had an unexpected family issue this weekend that I had to deal with & wasn’t able to break away. I look forward to watching the recording and will see you all next week.

Young Group Week 5 Weekly Assignment

Read the quote by Dr. Laitman:
      “What I do in this work is demand the Reforming Light. And when the Reforming Light comes to me it brings me closer to the friend, I begin to feel him close to me, and I begin to care for him, that I have a certain warmth to him, still far from the actual flame, but I can somehow say that I am beginning to get close to the matter of love. And then, when I feel such a sensation, this sensation makes us equal, equal by me not being able to think of myself, only of two, and first of him and then of myself. And so on, these are the degrees, but this is all from the Reforming Light. That’s it, so you have an exercise, be above, be below, and demand the Light that brings you the feeling of love, and then you are equal”.

Discuss here:
      How do we make sure that we draw the reforming light with every action of ours?

Helen
      Participant

My favourite experimental research text. I love the depth of it!

Rabash Letter No. 8

And once I have acquired this above-mentioned clothing, sparks of love promptly begin to shine within me. The heart begins to long to unite with my friends, and it seems to me that my eyes see my friends, my ears hear their voices, my mouth speaks to them, the hands embrace, the feet dance in a circle, in love and joy together with them, and I transcend my corporeal boundaries. I forget the vast distance between my friends and me, and the outstretched land for many miles will not stand between us.

It is as though my friends are standing right within my heart and see all that is happening there, and I become ashamed of my petty acts against my friends. Then, I simply exit the corporeal vessels, and it seems to me that there is no reality in the world except my friends and I. After that, even the “I” is cancelled and is immersed, mingled in my friends, until I stand and declare that there is no reality in the world—only the friends.

Helen
        Participant

By trying to connect with the correct intention love of friends.

Maria Memoli
      Participant

SHAMATI n. 1

There’s a bookmark on the page of my copy of Shamati, with the excerpt that I love the most:

“But he is not always able to overcome. And what shall be the end? Then he comes to the decision that no one can help him but the Creator Himself. This causes him to make a heartfelt demand that the Creator will open his eyes and heart, and truly bring him nearer to eternal adhesion with God. It thus follows, that all the rejections he had experienced had come from the Creator.”

It makes me feel that sweet desperation of wanting to get closer to the Creator each time I read it. It reminds me of the only Force existing in reality that operates for the good of the Creatures. The demand, the desire, the prayer, reminds me of the importance of the Friends in this vital work towards the Goal.

Then…there is this “mystery” for the fact that Baal HaSulam refers to the Creator and to God as two different entities…

David J
      Participant

3) There is a special power in the adhesion of friends. Since views and thoughts pass from one to the other through the adhesion between them, each is mingled with the power of the other, and by that each person in the group has the power of the entire group. For this reason, although each person is an individual, he contains the power of the entire group.

This inspires, when feeling distant from the goal, we have each other for strength.

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Young Group Discussion’ is closed to new replies.