Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 73 through 78 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Todd
      Participant

In a group should a person not say ” I really like what George said.”  Or  ” nice choice on an article Fred.”?

No, that’s fine. There’s a place for acknowledging actions that benefit our unity and we need to create envy about this.

Todd
      Participant

Our ten got a message from Shelly in group chat and part of it said:

“It is important to talk politely, lovingly and kindly. No raising our voices, yelling, fighting, remarking and notifying, speaking with hostility, arguing, cursing, or gossiping. Slandering harms the group!”

Do you know what is meant by “remarking and notifying”?

Peter
      Participant

From Introduction to TES:

‘One should aim one’s labor to be for the Mitzvot of the Torah, and in this way, he will be rewarded with enjoying the light in it, and his faith will strengthen and grow through the power in this light, as it is written, “It shall be health to your navel, and marrow to your bones” (Proverbs 3:8).’

What is to aim for it to be for the Mitzvot of the Torah?

Maria Bolgar
      Participant

Question of KabU W12 regarding Shamati 237. “For Man Shall Not See Me and Live” (noon lesson on 20/02/2024)

How can it be possible that a person can receive more revelation of the Creator than he has vessels for? Is that what happened to Adam HaRishon?

Not exactly. The problem there was that he had the vessels, but could not use them in a correct way, in order to bestow. Therefore, he used them in order to receive. We simply do not have the vessels, so we can’t make a mistake.

What does it mean to bless something? Thanks!

Maria Bolgar
        Participant

Great thanks dear Gianni.

Blessing means that I have reached restriction, screen, and reflected light, and therefore I can already receive direct light and work with it.

So, talking about blessing something from this point is only a word? I am not able to bless anything until I reach the restriction, screen, and reflected light?

I’m not able to do anything approaching spiritual except connect with my friends and turn to the Upper Force.

Todd
      Participant

I was curious so I looked up RamBam and i found this article called maimonides, was he a kabbalist.  So I was reading and then it occurred to me, will this hinder my spiritual progress if I keep reading it or things like it?

Hi Todd,

Of course. We only quote Kabbalists. Rambam was a great Kabbalist. His writings aren’t adapted for our generation, Baal HaSulam is the adapter, which is why they advance us when integrated in Baal HaSulam’s writings. Rambam’s writings on their own, it’s questionable how much they can advance us.

Viewing 6 posts - 73 through 78 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.