Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Naomi
      Participant

What does it mean to purify the still? And how would we go about working on this?

Hi Naomi,

Essentially, purifying the still means doing everything you learned in the Young Group, but without an intention. And this is already an important degree.

Ricki
      Participant

What might you recommend i say to my partner if he wants to know about the meetings i attend? (with the Ten, KabU lessons, lessons with Rav Laitman). He does not know what Kabbalah is. What factors are most important to work with in such a situation?

A partner you can tell, just without suggesting that he should also study Kabbalah. If he’s interested, I’d give him a beginner book (not Rabash/Baal HaSulam) but only if the deficiency comes from him.

Steve Miley
      Participant

oh hey, one more thing, I would love to get in on the next group of 10 that is forming I don’t really know how to go about doing that however, any information on the subject would be much appreciated. I am really eager to work with fellow students. Thank you all very much again.

Hi Steve,

You’ll be invited as soon as the next round of Young Groups begin. We’re midway through two cycles now.

Steve Miley
      Participant

OK so I just sat through my first graduate lesson tonight at 8:30 PM Eastern standard time. I apologize don’t know the name of the instructor but it was the  introduction to the Zohar part 50. I was for the most part completely clueless on almost everything that was said. What should I be studying to get to the point where I understand all the worlds and the parts of the worlds, so that perhaps next lesson I will be able to understand at least a little bit of it. I don’t recall any of the lessons in the  pre-graduate courses that went into such detail about the worlds and the lights and all the other stuff the instructor was talking about? I would like that I really enjoyed the class. I’m going to have to study how to work Zoom is well too because I was pretty baffled by that how to talk or raise your hand or is my camera on that was pretty much over my head as well. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of that. Eventually it would be nice to be able to ask a question. I believe I’m going to really enjoy the graduate environment like I said it was very enjoyable and I like the format but it was pretty much just like listening to a foreign language For an hour and a half . Thank you all so much for your work and dedication and have a great evening.

Hi Steve, we’re glad to have you with us.

Even without understanding, you’ll gradually develop a feeling for it – after all, all those worlds are within. If you want, you can take the Blueprint of Creation course, it’s fairly short.

The raise hand button is at the bottom of the screen (it’s a hand) and the unmute is the mic icon at the bottom left.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

Since we have to take everything above reason, I wish to ask, what work can I do to help the friend above my reason? How can I love them above my reason?

If you try to help them, you’ll have to do it above reason since I can’t bear to think of others for more than a second. Go ahead and see how much you can ponder their spiritual needs like some physicist who in every spare moment thinks about his problem.

Kimadigital7
          Participant

Thank you.

What are their spiritual needs? And when thinking of their spiritual needs, am I thinking of them as an individual or as a group? How can I recollect them (my friends) to be one in my eyes so that I won’t try to separate them?

What is an individual?

Each needs uplifted spirits, according to what helps him be uplifted; importance of the goal, according to what gives him importance of the goal.

I need to reach oneness, seeing the ten as one; but I’m provided individuals, to understand what else they need to reach oneness, to ask the Creator for what’s needed.

Kimadigital7
          Participant

Ah! That means I should constantly think… what can I do that will uplift the spirits of my friends.. and performing that action is giving them (my friends) importance of the goal.

Kimadigital7
          Participant

Thank, you

What does seeing the ten as one mean? What work can I do?

Peter
      Participant

From Shamati 26:

‘Thus, if one knows his lowliness, that he is not more privileged than his contemporaries, meaning he sees that there are many people in the world who were not given the strength to do the holy work even in the simplest way, even without the intention and in Lo Lishma [not for Her sake], even in Lo Lishma of Lo Lishma, and even in preparation for the preparation of the clothing of Kedusha [holiness], while he was imparted the desire and thought to at least occasionally do holy work, even in the simplest possible way, if one can appreciate the importance of this, according to the importance one attributes to the holy work, to that extent he should give praise and thanks for it.’

It says that he is not more privileged, but it seems to say at the same time that he is.. Could you please explain this?

He needs to locate in what is he special? Not in that he himself is great – as a person is inclined to feel due to the true inner uniqueness of each one – but rather that he’s received a special awakening. It can and will be taken away if he doesn’t appreciate it actively.

Peter
          Participant

Thank you so much

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.