Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 175 through 180 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Todd
      Participant

How do we know when it is a good time to introduce corporality into the group or riff off of a friend who introduces corporality into the group?

Hi Todd,

Unless the friend is constantly taking away the ten’s time together for corporeal digressions – and I don’t mean half a word here and there, but big swaths of time – we should be gentle, and understand that all friends are at different levels of desire. And in all cases, I would nevertheless be gentle. Consider that my ten represents all of my – even somewhat spirituality-oriented desires – while I have armies of desires in me that live and die only for corporeality, and wish to extract me out of all spiritual endeavors that take time away from corporeal fixations. So then, how much must I care for every precious desire that is even a little bit aimed at Kabbalah. This is how I should see my friends.

Having said that, we don’t need to talk about/introduce our corporeality to the ten at all. Our currency is the importance of the spiritual goal.

Rae
      Participant

Gianni,

If i may ask:

1) Where do all the questions come from? There’s a feeling that they are “alive”, why is that?

2) Do they “return to life” when the Light that Reforms shine upon the Reshimo of the person or Reshimot of the Group?

3) i heard that we can “stimulate” the Reshimot- can you please explain some about that action?

Thank you very much for this forum and the opportunity to connect and learn!

1) Yes. Alive means according to a desire. Now, there is basically a finite, sequential, albeit numerous set of possible questions on the path. For this reason, I prefer a student only ask one sentence or so with a question mark at the end. The rest is their scrutiny, their homework, and I don’t need it. After their scrutiny, they arrive at a clear question. That, I can answer. A long question, I can’t because I rob them of their scrutiny, and “all is clarified in thought.” That’s why it’s “alive” – because each new desire that is going over these scrutinies of the desire and thus moving closer to the revelation of the Upper Force, is like a new baby. You might have other babies already but you love this new one like the most precious thing. That’s why we instructors have endless energy to answer questions. Though we “know” all the textbook answers, each time a new angle is required to meet the asker where they are.

2) Yes, the scrutiny is done by the Light but on my request, and what I have in my tool box to send that request is my effort in scrutiny. When I’ve completed my work comes a question that I can’t answer, the Light has to, and that’s a real question. Yes, it’s a Reshimo that’s revealed.

3) Through your efforts. The Light knows what’s in your heart. That’s why your efforts, if you’re not being a wise guy, are going to be correct. “The Creator loves all the works, however they are.”

Rae
          Participant

Of my goodness,  thank you so very much! Just beautiful!!

thank you Teacher!!

Rae
      Participant

What is the role or place of the Evil Inclination in The Final Correction?

Thank you for all you are and all you do,  Gianni, from the bottom off the Heart!

The essence of Creation is the desire. The evil inclination is this desire when it’s aimed at receiving in order to receive. Which is darkness. And specifically from darkness we can know Light.

Rae
          Participant

TY from the bottom Of the Heart.

(Sorry for the typo in my question above 🙂

Rae
      Participant

Question from a 10, please:

31. S. (1hr18ish RUGHTR) How to help a friend in order to no confused the corporeal part of the friend with a spiritual since friends corporeality is my spirituality?
      R. Try to connect as much as possible and using this law you acquire his spirituality too and then you have a great vessel to connect with the Creator and then you connect with the Creator for two which is you and the friend.

the friends corporeality is my spirituality???? this is a law ???

Thank you so much,  Gianni!

Yes. But it doesn’t mean now I get involved in his corporeality like we understand corporeality. The friend is always on a higher degree than I am. It appears to me as lowly, as though he’s steeped in his corporeal desire. My spirituality depends on how I help him reach from that state to a spiritual state. In his corporeality lies my spirituality.

Rae
          Participant

Thank you, that’s clear as to: “the friend is always at a higher degree than I am”

So the question is:  does the differences in degree between the Friends “create” obstacles to unity and this is the “friction” that we learn about; which is experienced as envy,  lust, shame,  honor, etc.  that causes one to advance “left, right, left right” and then this repeated action “forms” the Middle Line, because all of it is impossible without Faith Above Reason?

Maybe the question is: “the Friend is always at a higher degree than I am” : and this is Faith Above Reason?

Hope the question makes sense in some form and thank you very much for everything!

One degree is: the friend is at a higher degree than I, by Faith Above Reason. A higher degree than that is: the friend is higher than I, within reason. (I’m not talking about different little things that I can be impressed with others about in this world (while subconsciously preserving my greater importance than everyone else in the world)).

No, the gaps between the friends are beneficial to and required for unity. Two that are the same can’t form a whole. That’d mean redundancy. All the opposite states together form perfection. You know my (Dr. Laitman’s) examples of bicycle where one part has to go forward and the other backward, for the machine as a whole to propel. There’s nothing that is not built this way, in reality.

Rae
          Participant

Awesome! Is very helpful thank you so much,  Gianni and much Thanks to your Teacher as well!

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I have a question about the following excerpt:

Question: how does the 10 come to Lishma together?

Answer: we cannot speak about the interpersonal feelings of each and everyone because I cannot feel someone else’s feelings. Rather, after the reforming light fills us up as one group, as one Partzuf, then we can feel more of what each of us is going through. And this is still far away; It’s still ahead of us.

My question: who is the us it is referring to in “it is still ahead of us”. Is “us” young Kabbalist or is “us” all Kabbalist.  for example, does Dr. Laitman or yourself (if you’re a mature Kabbalist) have access to the “other” or is this referring to a theoretical connection that no one has attained yet?

youtu.be/PIJinE-HEPY?si=JON4RWaF59EavF5S

There are those who have attained spirituality, however we need always be most interested in the general Kli because on it we all depend. Even if you’re already beyond the degrees before the spiritual degrees, you still depend on even the advancement of the least advanced friend. So, there’s no need to speculate on who is or isn’t advanced – if they’re in spirituality they’ll know well how to hide that – and all are working to advance everyone in a together-way, like in one boat.

AspiringAltruist
          Participant

I feel like that doesn’t really answer my question. I’m not trying to speculate on how advanced another person is spiritually. Doctor Laitman made a distinction in his comment, and I’m trying to understand what that distinction is.

The ten comes to Lishma together but not each one at the same time. One could be in spirituality, another on the way – each according to their exertion and the root of their soul. But in any case, the work is toward the advancement of the ten as a whole, regardless of their individual levels.

Naomi
      Participant

Sorry, I posted this on the wrong forum, but here is another question I had.

Is it possible to turn a corporeal desire into a prayer by denying oneself of that pleasure? Especially since we know these corporeal desires will never be completely filled and we will always want more? Or are we supposed to keep chasing air?

Because I get presented with opportunities and sometimes its like ok yeah that would nice but since I know this is a dream world I really don’t want to waste anymore time on this illusion.

A more advanced/correct answer I heard from Dr. Laitman during the morning lesson – if you like, Naom

Take on the responsibility, that although you can’t awaken the whole group, you take what those who are awakened want to do, and try to implement it. This is called “labor.” [Advancement] is measured in units of effort. (Envy [of other tens] is [also] good, but it must be a good envy, which helps you grow.)

Rae
          Participant

Thanks so much for your desire and compassion strength! Grateful to be in the same YG 10 as you,  Naomi

I don’t need to waste my time on what truly feels like a waste, except for necessities like family, eating, etc. The real correction though is in elevating the importance of the spiritual goal higher than all other goals rather than shutting down other pleasures. This way, the entire path is joyous, and everything falls into place.

Naomi
          Participant

Gianni, asking you a question makes me think of life as a maze.  but in this maze there is someone like you in every corner waiting to point people in the right direction. Thank you for your patience and everything that you do for us.

Viewing 6 posts - 175 through 180 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.