Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 193 through 198 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Clara
      Participant

Could we have forum thread for our prayers, songs, poems, impressions, thoughts? I feel there is creativity abundance in the tens, and wants to be shared!

Hi Clara,

True, many students have creativity, but if everyone will express themselves as they wish, this becomes a place like multitudes of other places on the internet which are festooned with everything everyone feels like putting there. Here, actually, we’re on our way to what’s called Tzimzum (restriction), and that’s where all that I really am turns out to be something that is above almost all that I used to think was me. Almost, because I do have an initial foundation – the Point in the Heart – on which the spiritual world will be built. But for now it’s upon us to learn according to which templates we can be at least somewhat not opposite to the spiritual worlds and to only communicate here, through those templates. This keeps it a unique place,  laser-focused on the attainment of the Creator. But our creativity will eventually find its correct expression.

Clara
          Participant

Your answer is like a revelation! Thank you!

Namron
      Participant

Hello Gianni.

Tuesday at Seth class, One friend asked what was an action. Today while reading attaining the world beyond I found this paragraph I don’t know if it applies.

A place or space it is the desire for pleasure an action is either the receiving of pleasure or it’s rejection.
      Page 81 on the Kindle version

Clara
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>.</p>

I’d need to see the context, and I don’t have access to the Kindle version.

Namron
          Participant

Thank you Gianni. I forgot the importance of the context.

Michael
      Participant

Hi Gianni,

I cannot link into my Young Group from the Young Group page (the red live link that activates when the group begins). When I do, I get ‘waiting for host’ that never forwards me into the room.

The other links in the the other rooms have always worked, but when the Young Group started for me, it hasn’t let me in since the beginning.

Not a real big deal since I can still get in through the links sent to my email, but thought I would mention it.

Thank you

From everything until now, I can summarize the whole study/work as try-fail-beg. And then nothing happens, nothing that I can see/feel anyway, and then again, try-fail-beg… Does everything end in begging the Creator??

And, you know, when we love someone in this world we change their diapers, we cook for them, we clean for them, we do things that please them and we can see how our actions make them happy, we see a difference, they bloom under our care.

But what does attending spiritual need mean, what is a spiritual need that needs to be satisfied, what is changing spiritual diapers, what actions should be done to fulfill spiritual needs, and how to see the progress and whether you are doing good or not, whether the friends bloom spiritually or not?

Thank you in advance!

Paul
        Participant

Zorica, your question is my question also. Thank you for raising this question.  Especially  the one about changing the spiritual diapers, and “how to see the progress and whether you are doing good or not, whether the friends bloom spiritually or not”? How can we change our innate, but impure, yearning for unity, equality and independence to an  aquired, realistic transformation to completion? No more diapers, adult programs to be fullilled!

It doesn’t matter if the yearning for unity is impure. Working in this direction activates the Surrounding Light from the future state when we really are connected, and this Light adapts us to that state more and more.

You’re partly right. Except it’s not that nothing happens. A mom can be in the kitchen from morning until night preparing food, cleaning, and so on, for the baby, and to the baby it appears that mom is doing almost nothing for her, but is instead busy with all kinds of who-knows-what. With older kids too we see that they’re not all that understanding of all that the parents do for them, how they devote their entire existence to the family. But if you’re not engaged in something that is directly pleasing the child now, it’s like mom and dad are busy with everything except me.

Similarly, we relate to the Creator’s love and care toward us. Every prayer gets an answer. The child has an overall general prayer to be happy, pleased, and so on. The parents are always working in the direction of what they know will lead to that in the broadest possible way. The Creator is also engaged in that, for us. The child maybe wants that to mean ice cream this minute or something like that. That’s not always right for them, for the broadest possible benefit, all things considered. We too have prayers like that to the Creator: “Give me ice cream!” You’ll get an answer to this prayer – instantly. However, it will only be a change in you (ALL good is contained only in these internal changes), and it will probably entail the need for a new prayer out of the new state that I’m now found in (because my prayer certainly did get an answer, though it’s not exactly the proverbial ice cream I requested).

How do you be the nanny for your friends? Pour yourself into the advancement of your ten toward the goal, in ways that are pleasing to them and work on them, and you won’t be wrong – and to the extent you’re wrong, the Light will correct it.

Todd
      Participant

How long should our tens meeting be that are by ourselves in zoom this point in the young group?

I don’t know where you are in the YG, but generally I recommend 15 minutes. It’s up to the ten. But 15 min has three benefits in my view: (1) almost anyone, regardless of their job, with proper maneuvering and preparation, should be able to dip out of work or whatever it is for 15 minutes. That’s not long to go missing from most life situations. So, this limit turns being on the call into a matter of the importance of the spiritual goal. That doesn’t mean I get to judge friends who don’t show up and surmise whether it’s the result of importance or capability, but it’s a catchall that provides the possibility for most. 30 minutes is already a big ask, for busy people. (2) a time limit forces us to be purposeful – spirituality doesn’t take a long time, it takes intentionality during the time the Upper Force provides each one. (3) If I know the meeting will be 15 min every time, in states where I’m weaker, I deprive my ego of the argument that “god knows how long the meeting will take,” which is a powerful excuse to avoid the meeting and spiritual correction.

Todd
      Participant

If I read “the gatehouse of intentions” by myself would it help me?  If so, how will it help me?  What is the purpose of the article “gatehouse of intentions”?

Hi Todd,

We translated and published it for a reason, and “One studies where the heart desires.” So, go for it. There’s a special Light in it. However, the question is whether I’m studying the works of Baal HaSulam in the order he wanted me to, and if not, is it actually the most beneficial? And I can’t speak for Baal HaSulam, but it seems that he tried to get simpler and more accessible over time. He wrote The Study of Ten Sefirot much later, toward the end of his life, and by comparison it is far simpler. And it’s what Rabash studied all the time with his students. And Baal HaSulam wrote several “beginner articles” – “The Freedom,” “The Teaching of Kabbalah and its Essence” and so on – all of which are required reading first. Certainly, one can follow those more than one can follow “Gatehouse of Intentions” and so I’m more immersed in them, and so they work on me more. Moreover, “Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah” one needs to learn prior to having any hope of understanding The Study of the Ten Sefirot and The Study of the Ten Sefirot is probably a prerequisite for “Gatehouse”.

Viewing 6 posts - 193 through 198 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.