Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 1. The Essence of Kabbalah – videos Ask anything about the lesson and materials and get an answer from a KabU senior instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Tom
      Participant

Most of my adult life has been spent in developing a numbness to everything, and distancing from this physical world.  I only focused on seeking spiritual truth, but haven’t been satisfied.  Now that I am a student of Kabbalah, will I not only learn how to connect with creation, but will I connect in a way that I won’t feel as numb?  I want to connect with others, starting with those closest to me, on a deeper level.  Will that happen in this study?

Hi Tom,

This is a great and relatable question. A human is built with different layers of desires: the desire to attain food, sex, family, money, honor, power/knowledge. However, above those desires is the desire to know the Creator, this is what Kabbalists call the point in the heart. If one has this inclination, then all other desires in life can seem mundane, empty, and unnecessary.

When one enters the study of Kabbalah, one finds the place to nourish that desire, the point in the heart, the aspiration to be connected with the Creator. As you continue your studies, you will learn how to positively connect with others in general, and in particular you will learn how connecting with others who also have awakened points in the heart is in fact the pathway to connecting with the Creator.

Best of luck!

Christian @KabU

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>In one way I’d like to be in connection with the people whom are likeminded and are learning the Kaballah at the other hand I don’t want to see it as an escape from my own reality where I am in now. How do students handle? I feel I’m not open about my courses and I feel fear to discuss with my family and friends. I wonder if and how students do handle their relationships</p>

Dear Bonnie,

This is indeed quite typical when one first engages in the Wisdom of Kabbalah. It is critical not to change your “day to day” life, rather the study should be something that does not interfere with it, including family, acquaintances, work, and any other relationships outside of the framework of a Kabbalah study group.

As you progress in your studies, you will be introduced to other people who also engage in this wisdom, and you will indeed have many chances to connect with people who are likeminded and study Kabbalah too! When you are in this special environment, the group of Kabbalah studies, there you will be able to further dive into the depths of this wisdom.

Best of luck!

Christian @KabU

Yvon Decelles
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I want to believe But I’m a born skepticist. I’m more or less a Thomas (need to see it to believe it). Does the Kabbalah method provide empirical evidence? Do you required “belief” for it to work?</p>

Dear Yvon,

Great question! Being a “Thomas” as you said is exactly what you should be if you want to approach the Wisdom of Kabbalah properly! The Kabbalists tell us, that which you do not attain, do not believe. Meaning, only when one attains it with “one’s own eyes” can he say it is real.

Kabbalah is a method that is not based on beliefs; it is a purely scientific method, and one studying Kabbalah approaches it in this manner.

This blog post by Dr. Laitman is related well to your question:

https://laitman.com/2021/11/the-object-of-research-is-man/

Yours,

Christian @KabU

Shasha White
      Participant

How can I begin to have a prayer life? I thought I was praying until I watched this clip.

Yvon Decelles
        Participant

I guess the answer is wait and see…

Dear Shasha,

Indeed prayer in Kabbalah is much different compared to what one may have thought prayer was. However, this should not deter you. The objective is to want to become more and more similar to the singular Upper Force that governs reality, and we do this by making a petition, a prayer, to Him.

It is deeply internal work – it is not about getting on one’s knees, repeating words or mantras, or any other ritual. Prayer is one’s internal aspiration and demand to be like the Creator – you are asking Him to change your qualities to love and bestowal!

Nothing is stopping you! You can start this internal dialogue with Him right now! He very much wants that too! The Kabbalists tell us that “I wish to pray all day” – so go ahead, do it!

Best of luck!

Christian @KabU

Shasha White
          Participant

Thanks Christian,

I appreciate your response.

Dear Shasha,

Indeed prayer in Kabbalah is much different compared to what one may have thought prayer was. However, this should not deter you. The objective is to want to become more and more similar to the singular Upper Force that governs reality, and we do this by making a petition, a prayer, to Him.

It is deeply internal work – it is not about getting on one’s knees, repeating words or mantras, or any other ritual. Prayer is one’s internal aspiration and demand to be like the Creator – you are asking Him to change your qualities to love and bestowal!

Nothing is stopping you! You can start this internal dialogue with Him right now! He very much wants that too! The Kabbalists tell us that “I wish to pray all day” – so go ahead, do it!

Best of luck!

Christian @KabU

Colleen
      Participant

If someone has a terminal illness and they are going thru great suffering (throwing up everything you eat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hair loss, having to wear diapers, bedridden) how does one see the “goodness” in this from the Creator?   Has this soul done something horrible in this life or past life and needs great correction?

Shalom,

Colleen

Shalom Dear Colleen,

Yes it is very perplexing that an absolutely loving Creator would provide this level of suffering to a person in this world. However, the Kabbalists tell us that “He is the Good that Does Good,” meaning everything happening in reality is only coming from that singular Source of goodness.

Our issue is we do not have the vessels to properly judge whether something is good or not, so we perceive things in all sorts of different ways. Once a person attains equivalence of form with the Creator, attaining vessels of bestowal and similarity to Him, one can truly call the Creator the “Good that Does Good.”

Indeed even terminal illnesses are part of the correction process, and we must learn how to see such horrible things in that light too.

Yours,

Christian @KabU

Ale
      Participant

I don’t have a question right now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.