Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Milos
      Participant

why does He need the path to be just like this and for us to discover Him in this way, why only a few people reach Him

Milos,
        The Light of Ein Sof was concealed again and again through the spiritual worlds.  The path back up is the exact same path that the light took on its way down.  Specifically by traversing this path, it builds our (new) hearts and minds in exactly the way that they will be able to feel eternity.
        Seth@KabU

Milos
      Participant

what is it in us that does not allow us to see that only one force governs the world

Milos,
        In order to give us the opportunity to feel Him become like Him, the Creator separated us from Him.
        So now, we are not just a cow or a monkey who lives by instinct.  We now can discover and yearn and appreciate the Creator and by this get closer as conscious beings.  This is called spiritual attainment.
        Seth@KabU

Anthony
      Participant

Hi, I wanted to ask as its the 2nd time that I have heard Rav Laitman speaking in an interview saying that in order to advance in Kabbalah, it is entirely necessary to learn Hebrew. He has made it quite clear on both occasions but I did ask someone about this before and was told its not the case. Can you clear this up for me as the videos I have been viewing in which he refers to this are on your ‘Related’ parts of the semester.

Anthony,
        The Hebrew language contains a layers and volumes of information in the shape of the letters, the sounds of the letters, the relation of one letter to the other, the numerical value of the letters and more.  It is impossible to convey all of this information in any other language.  However, our study is inner emotional work and some work in the mind.  You’ll have no problem advancing now without learning Hebrew.  There are many fundamental concepts and we didn’t even start working on anything practically between us yet.

If you want to also study Hebrew, for sure it will come in handy, but we have students who speak over a dozen languages and they are all advancing nicely and you can do the same.

If you’d like, send me the links and the time in the video where he said that  and I’ll review and put into context for you.
        Seth@KabU

Christian
      Participant

I have few questions arising almost at the end of first semester .

Most of the questions stemmed from a blog post on “introduction to the Zohar”

I would really appreciate answers to these questions as this would strengthen my foundational knowledge about the science of Kabbalah.

Question 1:

With regards to a point in the heart, and 613 organs of the point in the heart, is this point in/on the physical heart,or a spiritual counterpart of the physical heart or a separate desire body within man? What is the function of the 613 organs of the point in the heart?

Question 2: To purify my animate and speaking levels, I am to correct my desire to receive in order to bestow contentment to the Creator;How can I purify my STILL (earth, moon, sun,rock,etc) and my Vegetative levels.

Question 3:

With regards to the interaction between the light and our Kli(vessel);Does the light possess its own inherent intelligence, impulse or desire in  to create within the vessel or is the light neutral and only manifest the desire within the vessel it interact?

Question 4:

I came across hell as being a state of punishment/correction in the blog post – Introduction to the book of Zohar. Is there a chance that a person could be living here on earth while part/ a level of him in hell for correction and another part /level in another higher spiritual worlds?

Under Item 51, Introduction to the book of Zohar, ” When one of the three parts of his will to receive awakens,he immediately loses these lights”. If you could shed a little more light on this.

Christian,

1. This and all we read in the books of the Kabbalists refers to spiritual discernments and perceptions, not to flesh and blood. The original desire was divided into these parts which from our perception as we correct them we build again that original state but consciously.
        You’ll come across a lot of numbers in the wisdom of Kabbalah, 613, 620, 125, 10, 600,000, etc these all refer to spiritual, qualitative properties.

2. The first spiritual development is like a newborn baby crying to be nursed. It is just an overwhelming desire for this new, special fulfillment. The later degrees contain more refined discernments.

3. Everything comes from the Light. Everything that happens in the vessel is a reaction to the light or a reaction to the light leaving (a yearning for the light that exited).

4. This earthly life is the lowest degree, it doesn’t get lower. A Kabbalist lives in two worlds simultaneously.

Seth@KabU

Anthony
      Participant

I came to find Kabbalah in a time of great suffering in my life. It seemed to promise answers and some kind of transformation to help me experience life as it was meant to be, with a greater level of upper light. However, I understand faith is necessary, but has anyone attained any higher levels that are living today or are we all having to keep the faith on the writings of those no longer with us. Therefore, isn’t that simply the same as any religion?

Anthony,

When the Kabbalist says faith, it is referring to a degree of attainment above the mind. It is not at all blind faith.
        If you are studying for a few weeks, or months, well before spiritual attainment, you should still be feeling how life starts to make more sense. You start to feel the system operating reality. It’s not random, it is guiding us towards a good goal.
        I very much recommend keeping a notebook from week to week of what you are learning and how that relates to your life.
        Don’t get into all kinds of imaginations about what you think you are learning but write very clearly as if you wanted to teach this to your younger self for example.

Let me know how this goes.

Seth@KabU

Zied
      Participant

Hey,

Another general question please: when kabbalists say that in our generation humanity will start ascending into spiritual world, a generation consists of how many years approximately? Do we have an idea?

Zied,

We are always referring about spiritual states. For example when the writing says, Who visits the iniquities of parents on children, even to the third and fourth generations, It is about the ascent of Malchut through Zeir Anpin to Bina, to Hochma, and then to Keter.

So humanity reached a particular “generation” meaning degree of development that it is ready to ascend.

Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.