Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Zachary Jones
      Participant

How did the sages discern the Sefirot as a system of ten? Is the Sefirot why they say it is best to study and pray in groups of ten?

Zachary,
        When a person is travelling to Jerusalem and he has to travel 200 miles to get there, when he has travelled 199 miles, he still is not in Jerusalem.  But after all of the travelling, there is one final step and then he is in Jerusalem.
        Spirituality is only attained in wholeness.
        When the sages attained these things, they attained the system and they write to us what they discovered.
        That every spiritual object is made of 10 parts.
        Seth@KabU

Sheila
      Participant

I am sitting here trying to form my question and my dog is just outside the door, howling away, distracting me terribly. I am losing my connection with the lesson, with the Creator, and wondering why that dog is doing that, what’s going on outside. Finally I realize that my connection to the lesson is completely gone now, I cannot concentrate, I should lock the dogs in the house when I am here at KabU.

I go outside and find that he has managed to get behind the gate and he is locked out of the yard, howling at me to come in. He had a good reason, and I laugh. The Creator has set me up with a fine example of what I just learned in this lesson and even though whatever it was I was going to write instead of this is now gone, I am feeling closer to the Creator because of it. Thank you for this lesson Tony, and Thank You to the Creator for the timely personalized example. Lately I feel chosen.

Jonah
      Participant

There appears to be such irony in the approach. We are so easily discouraged and so many will give up. It is as though the Creator’s methods eliminate most rsther than drawing them closer. Is the Creator being selective? Is the Creator thinning out the heard?

Jonah,
        We need some perspective.
        It took a few billion years before Earth was formed and a few billion more for some mud to be burned, frozen, washed away, reassembled, smashed, etc until it started forming more and more complex life until some monkey climbed down a tree and eventually inventing a wheel and the Internet.
        So by now we’re moving at a pretty good pace.  Like a pyramid, the inanimate development took billions, then the vegetative, some hundred millions, then the animal degree and then the human degree is relatively new on the scene and what we call civilization and written language, etc is only a few thousand.
        However, I’m with you, I’m inpatient.
        Seth@KabU

Nick Martinez
      Participant

Hi there

It’s interesting how this process of spiritual development tends to work out. During times of ascent and elation, the material seems to click and connect to reality in a very personal and direct way. But during times of descent and confusion, the contradictions seem to pile on the more I continue to read.

It is said here in this article that not even a persons doubts or deviations from the work are of his own doing, because such would imply that the Creator is not omnipotent. But Kabbalah also seems to frequently assert that it is up to us how we form our reactions to the Creator and his actions, and that our success or failure in this area determines our spiritual progress.

It’s possible we may have covered the free will subject already, so forgive me if I am asking the instructors to drum up a repetitive answer – but what is actually our part in our spiritual development? It feels like a paradox, in that we must exert ourselves to the fullest in order to cultivate the desire for altruism and reject egoism with all of our might – yet be completely and totally detached to results of any of our efforts because it is exclusively up to the Creator regarding the state of our revelation of Him.

You can see why this might be discouraging especially in times of spiritual descent.

Thank you again for all of your efforts

Nick,

The distance between us and the next spiritual degree is many times greater than the distance between us and animal degree.
        So image if you are trying to convince an animal about rising to the next degree..imagine the difficulty.

Everything you wrote is in the correct direction. We are preparing to enter a new perception of reality and it comes from a force that is higher than the two opposing or paradoxical forces.

Soon we will learn about the Kabbalistic group that we plant ourselves in. This group stabilizes and supports us through all of these states so that we can rely on faith above reason when our mind and body cannot  agree with holding two opposites at one time.

Seth@KabU

Michael
      Participant

why is the creator a girl and a guy at other times?

why does the creator need anything from us?  how can we give to someone who doesn’t need anything?

Michael,
        Everything in the books of kabbalah are speaking of spirituality.  In spirituality there are no girls and guys.
        Girls and guys didn’t come until much much later in the process of development of the desire.
        What we have since the act of creation, actually since the thought of creation which preceded the act of creation is a desire to bestow and a desire to receive that abundant bestowal.
        The force of reception is referred to as female and the force of bestowal is referred to as male.
        Of course the Creator does not need anything from us, this is how from our perspective understand these sublime things.  The Creator as if, wants to give all of His abundant delight and pleasure to the created being, to the common soul.  So what is incumbent upon us is to receive all of that abundance.  That is what He wants from us.
        How to receive spiritual abundance?  That is precisely why we received the wisdom of kabbalah.  Kabbalah means to receive.
        Seth@KabU

matthew shifflett
      Participant

Teacher, I feel like I know you. Please forgive me is there a way I can speak with you. My email [email protected] Your words penetrate straight to my soul. It makes so much sense to me. I have something I would like to share with you.

Matthew,
        Later in the curriculum we have live classes where the students can ask the instructors questions.
        On this forum we are not engaging in personal, confidential things and anything else should be shared here so that each and every one can benefit as we are all in this process together.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.