Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Leah Bergman
      Participant

So basically, when we give joy to creator we are in a state of bestowal?

Rae
        Participant

Thank you Seth!

Rae
        Participant

Thank you so much I’m truly grateful! Is there a best day of the week and time I could attend class with the group? I apologize if Michelle has already given me thus information. Thank you so much!!

Leah,
        We are a will to receive with an intention to receive for ourselves.
        The entire correction happens only upon the intention.
        The will to receive itself only grows more and more coarse until it can draw all of the light of the Creator.
        When we have drawn the upper light upon ourselves the properties of the Creator begin to reformat the will to receive so that it begins to receive for the sake of the Creator.  That is called bestowal.
        Seth@KabU

jill
      Participant

what is actually meant by observing Torah?

Jill,
        This refers to the process of drawing the light of the Torah that corrects each of the 613 spiritual desires.
        Seth@KabU

craig
      Participant

Quick question: in part 2, there is a statement made around 13:31 “The idea that now one understands as a result of awakening is to worship other gods.”  Would you kindly help me through this concept?  Craig

Craig,
        It means that now that I understand some things, or understand a lot of things, that now I have some control over reality, now “I” can do something.
        Our goal is to come to feel, to attain that the Creator governs all of reality, to literally feel the governing force that unifies all of reality.
        Of course we learn things and it helps us in life and there is no problem in that.  What we are learning here is that what is our goal really?  It is to attain Godliness.  That means to attain the tremendous, unified field of love that envelopes and operates all of reality.  When we attain that, while we still feel that we have to dress, eat, work, live, we also feel the operation of the Upper Force in all of reality and not that I am somehow some special creature separate from the rest of reality that self governs.  As if a child playing in the playground feels he is independant but Mom and Dad are standing nearby watching over his every move.
        Seth@KabU

craig
          Participant

Many thanks Seth.  As a very quick follow up: Doesn’t God give us this awakening?  If so, if I were to rejoice in that understanding, but know that it is from above, does this not bring me closer to the Creator, and thus I’m not “worshipping other gods”?  Are these not the tastes that are spoken of?  Thanks again, Craig.

Craig,
          Of course.
          Good time to make a note, it’s not a great idea to hear one line, one slogan and base my life on that.
          Why not?  For example, shouldn’t I say that “there is none else besides Him!”?
          Yes, you should, but who will get up in the morning and work to cover the mortgage and put food on the table?
          So there is none else besides Him, and He made a world where we are required to work.
          The point is that we are becoming master craftsman of the soul.  Nuance.  Many efforts over time.
          So to your earlier question, I learn, I want to learn, I want to devour all of the kabbalistic texts, I want to understand everything….and I also need to come back remembering that all of that learning and understanding helps me build my inner vessels, but I can memorize every page of the Zohar and not attain anything and attainment is our goal.
          The text says that the Torah will come forth from Zion (Tzion).  Tzion from the word for exits.  Meaning the light comes in and leaves and when it leaves it leaves a yearning for the next degree, then the light comes in and exits and leaves a yearning for the next higher degree.
          This is how we advance, also with the left and the right and also with the mind and the heart.
          Seth@KabU

Namron
      Participant

1.- I don’t know why I’m looking to bond with the creator. I accept and believe that this universe is the work of a creative energie, but to establish and feel a connection with this creative power it seem not possible because the idea I have is just that, an idea.

I understand Tony’s explanation that this situation is designed so I suffer and crave for that connection.  But if I don’t feel the presence of the creator how can I miss that presence in my life?

I relate this situation with the one when I am trying to woo a girl, if I have feelings for her it hurts me when she disappears or get mad at me or whatever a woman do for no apparent reason, when in reality she is  making my feelings for her increase, so I make a lot of changes in my behavior just trying to please her, not knowing what works, meanwhile the need to be with her grows with each rejection. How can I have a feeling this powerful if I don’t know her?

2.- Then it says that the benefit of this rejections is to give a complete need and desire for the creator because without the creators help he knows he is lost.

“That is, he lacks the strength to observe Torah and Mitzvot [commandments] even Lo Lishma [not for Her sake]”

I don’t know what this last sentence expects a person to do.

Namron,
        Your explanation is very nice and emotional and the Creator is flirting with us, developing our desire and drawing us close.
        Lo Lishma, meaning that I don’t even have the power to do the work at all.  Whereas sometimes I’m working in concealment, but I’m working, I know that by this concealment I’m building my desire but there are times where a person can come to a state where he loses connection with that work altogether too, meaning he lacks the strength to work even Lo Lishma.
        Seth@KabU

Namron
          Participant

Thank you for the Lo Lishma explanation because I understood it like something that I have to perform. Now is very clear.

Namron
        Participant

I been thinking about why I’m doing this studies and think it is because I want answers. I guess I have to keep reading the Kabbalah texts with the right intention and I’ll know the answers.

Matanah
      Participant

In what way does the Creator respond to deep sorrow expressed by wordless moans?

Matanah,
        The Creator, the system only responds to our feelings.  We know that our mouths can say one thing and we can feel something very different.  It’s helpful because I can feel down and act happy and that causes those around me to be happy and then I become happy because they are happy.
        So it’s feelings.  We can be very rich in things and feel very empty in our feelings.
        So the sounds out of your mouth can be expressed with words or with a cry, a moan.  What the system responds to is our feelings.  Are we those people who are despaired of being fulfilled by our egoistic natures and and if this prayer is not answered it is better of not to be alive, for what is the point of this endless emptiness and futility?  Then we can come to a true prayer for the Creator, for the Life of Lives to fill us.
        Seth@KabU

I’m still learning trying to figure this out but it’s nice to know that the only Power and King or the whole universe is Hashem kadosh The Creator

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.