Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 4 posts - 49 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I don’t see where you found that quote, but it’s ok. I don’t know what an action of conscience is, this isn’t typical language in the wisdom of Kabbalah. I know that no inclination that comes from within me can be in the direction of bestowal, since bestowal is the Creator’s quality, and He imprinted me with the opposite quality: receiving. So, it’s certain that anything found in the ocean of my nature is wet, i.e. no matter what is found in me is reception. But I can take the advice of Kabbalists, and just my involvement already makes it “wet” too. However, there is a force in nature that, when I try to go in the direction Kabbalists advise, which is towards connection with others who are making similar attempts (studying Kabbalah also), this force, called Reforming Light, corrects me. And by correcting me towards them, I am also corrected towards the Creator, and then He is revealed.

Mira Brooks
      Participant

Hi Julian,

In video 1.5, there is a quote provided by Rav Michael Laitman, “Connection is called that I don’t feel the difference between you and me. All in all, I don’t feel any difference. Simply, two become as one in everything. In an inner desire, there is no difference. I feel your desire as my desire, and it’s located within me. Not in your body, rather it’s in me. Bodies disappear and there is only one desire. This is a constant state that is called Adam. The system that is called Adam, two that are connected like this, this is already a part of Adam. We can say that it is Adam. And the more that people connect like this, it generates more details of this one soul. More accuracy, a better resolution, and more spiritual attainment”

What can we do to cultivate a greater feeling of connection with others? I can understand that this likely requires a high spiritual degree, and certainly something that I struggle with. It is easier to feel closer to people with similar desires that we have. How can I foster deeper connections with those that have desires and modes of thought that are very dissimilar?

Miryam
      Participant

Hello Julian,

In the second Related Video, The Butterfly Effect, Rav Laitman says, “…And those here think that equality between man and woman is for them to perform the same roles, so they go against nature and turn in a different direction.” Can you help me to understand what, more specifically, Rav Laitman is referring to here? Perhaps an example or two? Thank you.

Hi Mira,

How can you generate connection with those whose views are very dissimilar? You need to find a common point on which to build the connection. That works in all cases, but the true connection is built on the common point, which exists in every person but is not revealed in every person yet. This point longs for its root in the Upper World. This point is eternal. So, while I have some passing common interests around which to form some corporeal connection with those around me, the true connection and one that is eternal and through which it is possible to reveal the Creator is through the connection with others who have this revealed Point in the Heart.

It’s that no two can be alike, because that’s the nature of a perfect system, that there is no redundancy, but everyone is unique, special and essential. Obviously it follows that no two are equal. And men and women are just one example of this.

Paul
      Participant

In video 1.3 Trial and error:

I want to read you a quote that is from the “Introduction to the Book of Zohar,” from Baal HaSulam.:

Bear in mind that the ​Mitzvot ​or the actions between man and man, come before the ​Mitzvot between man and God. Because the bestowal upon one’s friend brings one to bestow upon his Maker.

Another quote from M. Leitman > articles> One Law:

Actions of conscience do not bring a person nearer to the Creator.

Question :But actions of conscience (between man and man ) seem to me  a correction, coming from the heart? That puzzles me. Could you clarify this?

Hi Paul, sorry it seems I missed this one. That’s the way the Creator built reality, that if I want to reveal Him, reveal the Upper World, I need to start keeping the laws that exist there before it gets revealed. It’s like a child needs to know the street laws before crossing an intersection. But here, it’s even more. It’s like I live underwater and to exist above, I need to develop new organs of survival. In the spiritual world one cannot exist in the qualities we have now. Therefore, I need an Upper Force to add to my qualities these new organs of perception, 5 new senses. I can draw this force by various exercises the Kabbalists advise for us to practice in the Kabbalistic group. I need to act towards them, as much as I can depict it, like I will act in the spiritual world. I won’t be exactly right, it’s a game of sorts, but I nevertheless will invite the Upper Force to change me.

Viewing 4 posts - 49 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.