Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      BEN
      Participant

In Kabbalah meets Quantum Physics – in the User Illusion about the huge gap between the received 50M bit of info and the processed 50 bits. I want to ask about clairvoyant people, those that do tarot, channel messages or access the Akashic records. What does authentic Kabbalah say about this? is what they “see” of channel also screened by their perspective? so if someone says I saw this and that as your future or past life – can this be just like 1 photo from a whole movie?

Nothing special about it, there were people who, being closer to nature, could tell the next frame in a person’s narrative, like animals who, because they are in touch with nature, all head for the hills a day or so before a tsunami hits, while the humans, because they are so distant from nature today, go out to the beach to view the pretty wave coming, which inevitably swallows them. It’s actually far from spirituality, in the opposite direction, if it’s a real sense and not just a charlatan lying to people to make money. But even if a person can get their fortune told, there’s still free choice if they have the method by which to go above nature and hasten their good, beautiful destiny. No one can predict that, but only predict the predestined corporeal sequence of frames. Because those exist in the system, in one-dimensional storage, only they’re being realized by us one by one. However, the knowledge of those frames is also utterly useless because – and this is hard for us to understand – if we would know what will happen, like Oedipus sailing around the globe to avoid his destiny but ultimately carrying it out nevertheless, we would not be able to avoid a single iota of our destiny by knowing about it – and nothing is more painful than that, which is why it’s also better not to know about it. Therefore, there is nothing to do besides study the method by which we hasten our good future and go through all the inescapable states but in a fast pleasant way, like stages of a great adventure.

Niklas
      Participant

Could it be that the whole practice of Kabbalah is simply based on understanding?

Here is what I understood:

– I cannot change my egoism
      – The Upper Light changes my egoism
      – I can draw the Upper Light by wanting to become altruistic
      – The more I realise how egoistic I actually am, the more I will feel this as evil and the stronger my desire to change will become

Trying to change my corporeal actions won’t amount to anything.
      Trying to change my desires will just be the ego sneaking in the back door.

So what is there left to do? Take an honest look at all I experience and see how everything stems from my egoistic desires.
      Constantly contemplate what the Creator is trying to teach me through the experience I am having which probably is always aimed at showing me some “hidden” egoistic calculation anyway.

I could imagine that from this attitude all subsequent Kabbalistic actions appear naturally and the teaching of Kabbalah is simply there to greatly accelerate this process.

Is it like that?

That’s all good except for the conclusion: nothing will happen naturally. I need to go through a process that is the root and model for the birthing process that happens in our world, except I’m not only the sperm that has to make it to the egg and adhere to the womb, but I have to build the womb itself and then stick there. This means I must build myself a nurturing womb, meaning a Kabbalistic group (which will be provided in the graduate program) and make it great in my eyes, such that I want it to be as my mother and north star, spiritually. The first part of the path is only in adhering to this concept of a group as though through it I will be adhering to the Creator. And only with this aim: from my Point in the Heart, through the friends, to the Creator it is considered that I am heading towards the goal. All that you said subsumes within this navigation.

Here, so that every step of the way would be by one’s free choice, nothing happens automatically if you don’t build it.

Niklas
          Participant

Thanks.

Niklas
      Participant

I have a question regarding a statement from “Kabbalah Revealed Interactive”. It says:

“As soon as one tries to immerse the Point in the Heart in a spiritual environment, forces both internal and external come to us in order to distract us. This comes from None Else Besides Him to strengthen our resolve.”

I had some forces pulling me away from Kabbalah, but I overcame them. Now, I am experiencing even greater forces trying to pull me away. Two years ago, I got rid of my PC gaming equipment to focus on meditation instead. Last week, suddenly, I had the tremendous urge to watch somebody play a computer game online. I shut it off again and kept studying Kabbalah because I thought “I already dealt with this two years ago and now I still have the opportunity to choose Kabbalah rather easily.” Then, however, I was pulled towards watching more and more. Now, I have even subscribed to an online gaming platform that provides high-end gaming PCs remotely. Previously, my internet was way too slow for this, but through a couple of events that seem absolutely miraculous to me, suddenly my Internet is able to support gaming remotely.

Should I view this simply as a “weight” given to me by the Creator to have some more opportunities to practice faith above reason? For a long time, I trained myself to behave according to “faith below reason”. I got rid of everything that potentially arouses desire for worldly things and ran into the most spiritual direction I could find with all my strength. Now, I am trying to shift towards “faith above reason” by trying to understand what is going on, checking my options, living a “normal life” and clinging to Kabbalah not with all my strength, but with some of my strength.

Also, previously, I was able to ingest many Kabbalistic videos, read many pages in the books etc. Now, it takes all my strength to watch even a simple 5 minute video. Does this mean that the quality of my work has now increased?

Or should I rather view all of this as “having missed an opportunity in the past” and now the Creator is sending me even more distractions to make me realise that I am heading in the wrong direction?

Hi Niklas,

Of course, from Above, they know how to play with each one of us, with each one something different, what for him will be an obstacle. It is not whether gaming is bad, but does it detach me from thinking about the purpose of life? Do I have free time now that, in fact, I could progress towards the spiritual goal with? These are the questions around which one is judged if he wants to reach the goal, because to reach it, he has to get to where he actually wants to reach it, more than all the tiny pleasures of this world. He will get there. Every person will get there. Either suffering will eventually bring him there, or the Light from the study will. The best is not to beat yourself up for this, but to set times that you study – to be in any live classes, recorded ones, etc. And give yourself time for the other things you like – but not mindlessly, that since someone else wants your attention somewhere and knows how to pull you, you follow their design. And if you study this way, the Light will work and it, not you, will correct your desire. We don’t artificially make changes, but draw the Reforming Light that makes the changes.

Niklas
        Participant

Update:

The (little) fulfillment I experienced from being seriously engaged in Kabbalah dwindled rather quickly while being immersed in gaming.

Now the inner egoistical calculation has shifted and I figured that I can use this situation as a springboard towards Kabbalah.

Once again, I decide against gaming and for spirituality.

However, the question why the Creator even sent me off course remains. Why was this situation necessary or good?

It’s a flirt. It is written, “my Lover is like a gazelle, it runs away, but then turns back to look”. He pushes you away so that you would chase Him. But again, you’re not required to give up the things you enjoy for Kabbalah, rather you already decided that was a waste of life, so you gave it up before you came to Kabbalah. So, don’t regard that as spiritual, but rather the extent to which you can remember you’re working with the Upper Force while doing everything you’re doing is what you need. And to the extent you’re unable it is a sign you need to build a stronger environment around you of correct books, media, friends on the same path.

Niklas
          Participant

Thank you very much. I can work with that.

Niklas
          Participant

For anyone who might be interested, I have found a middle path now. Instead of gaming, I use some of my time to watch series on Amazon. I am always drawn to series that explore the meaning of life, supernatural stuff etc. anyway.

I can take those series as actual experiences and ask myself why the Creator is showing me a certain scene. Why am I drawn to this? What does He want to tell me through it?

In gaming, on the other hand, I have no space for such thoughts. It pulls me in so hard that it always develops into a mindless chase after fleeting pleasures rather quickly.

BEN
      Participant

Gar de Binah and Zat de binah says that we can not bestow unless we receive. I know the spritual concepts can not be understood well in the corporeal but loosely does this mean that we have to feel the needs of others totally as our own like in teshuvah? but how can we do this? If a friend hurts me, do i just forgive him and also feel his pain because as we know there is no one else but the Creator?

secondly too is that in kabbalah, we keep on asking questions not just blind faith. how then are we so sure that what we are doing is right? and if we judge others as not authentic or not the right path, isnt it also egoism since we are told that each one is unique when the vessels shattered?

GAR and ZAT de Bina…this is something unimaginably far from us. We need to feel the needs of others in the spiritual group, and specifically those needs of theirs for spirituality. Other than those needs, the rest are like going to try and feel the needs of a cow for grass or water. You need to integrate with the needs that are specifically for what the Upper Force wants to give.

It’s certain that all are actions are incorrect. Like a ship that can’t travel directly but always against the wind in different diagonals, but in the generally right direction, which we can determine by learning and following the advice of Kabbalists. By this the Light works and corrects your trajectory. Certainly this includes not judging anyone who is on the path with you, it’s never of value that you’re lowering them by judging them, by this you’re only deleting a desire for spirituality that could have helped you elevate in a special way.

Hello, i wish to know about the shattering of the v essels, in a broad manner, meaning that from those pieces material aspects of creation came into being, that includes everything in space not essentially saying that our existence is a sole one, that includes spiritual beings too, or am i mistaken.

This structure of parzum or parzuf (not quite sure how it is written) is the mechanism by which we ascend as an unified soul, in a long chain of  glimpses of light shining in each block of GE-AHP above and below ones spiritual state?

We only have what we reveal in our Kelim. And what we have is this world. We need to be very realistic about this. Because later we will reveal an Upper World. But we don’t have anything of that yet. We don’t even have a “glimpse” of the Light. When we connect with the others, the Shattered vessels, that are found in the group of Kabbalah students, because they belong to the part that is actually broken, to the Screen. The Point in the Heart is a part of this shattered Screen. It is what broke. And the reality is the manifestation of the Light experienced through this broken Screen. If we connect, inside the connection, we’ll see a new world, the same way we see this world that looks bad through the shattered connection.

Duke Gard
      Participant

Could you elaborate on what Dr. Laitman  says in the last related video: Discover Your Connection With Others? He speaks of love and hate having to be become greater as opposites of each other. Is he referring to the collective body of all people? Or is this something that is happening at an individual level?

Hi Duke. In an individual. Each person has to have a society, a spiritual society, towards which he is working. He has to be towards them like the Creator is towards reality. That is, he has to try to think of them rather than about himself, since the Creator does not think about Himself. He has to try not to be indifferent to them, as the Creator thinks always about the wellbeing of the whole of reality. So, the student needs to do many exercises so that the Upper Force will work on him and make these changes in him. The exercises are not an end in themselves, rather a means to invite the Upper Force. Now, this Force also doesn’t fundamentally change what he is. We’re a Desire to Receive pleasure – and nothing besides. Therefore, that won’t change. This desire to receive, when it is in its current, inborn form, is called hatred of others. Usually, we are not even developed enough to identify it as such. It doesn’t reach hatred, but mere indifference to everyone who is unrelated to different forms of self-benefit that could come to my desire. And again, this nature won’t change, it’s going to stay. Except for one thing. A new thing is born atop this desire, called Kavana/Intention. And through this intention it is deemed that I enter equivalence of form with the Creator. And I find out that only the direction of the desire determines my entire perception of reality – whether I’ll perceive this imaginary dream world, or be born into the spiritual world. It is revealed in one birth into it, like a baby born from the womb into a brand new world; and then it is attained more and more. Each time, it’s revealed more by starting with hatred/self-interest/indifference towards others or the Creator, and then covering it with a greater love. This is the spiritual path. And even before this process there are many stages of a similar process, prior to spiritual birth. That’s why I need a Kabbalistic group to measure myself with, to what extent I’m in passion, indifference, or hatred towards the spiritual process.

Duke Gard
          Participant

Gianni,

Thank you. I was hoping you’d elaborate on something else. A passage on page 48 of the Kabbalah Science and the meaning of life. Here is the passage:

The wisdom of Kabbalah explains that all that exists around us is the Upper Light in a state of complete stillness, and all the changes and the endless possibilities are inside us. All that we see is the reflection of ourselves in the fixed, unchanging Light.

For me, this passage needs some unpacking.

Specifically, “the endless possibilities are inside us”; how could this be?  If the spiritual world affords endless possibilities, is it even possible for human intellect to understand this concept? If it isn’t through my mind/intellect, how will I gain an understanding of the endless possibilities?

Thanks again for the previous response. I’m trying to process this new material, I might be over thinking it.

Hi Duke,

You’re right that one can’t understand with the intellect. Not really. Because, look, our mind is a product of the world around us. Our language too: descriptions of the world we inhabit. We don’t inhabit the Upper World. It’s utterly concealed from our senses. So, no language exists in our vocabulary in any language that can describe the Upper World. But generally speaking, the Endless World means that all reality is your desire. Yours. What you see, what you don’t see yet. And it’s all for you. You also don’t feel what’s before you as an endless world, full of abundant possibilities to enjoy, fulfilling the goal of Creation, which was to delight the Creature. But it has to be enjoyed in a different way. In a form called Receiving in Order to Bestow, so that we, the receivers, would not be in an opposite form to the Creator, whose quality is bestowal, but that we would both receive and achieve the main goal, which is Equivalence with Him – since nothing is better than that. So, there is a process, long but worth it, of inverting our pure Will to Receive, first to Restrict it, then turn it to Bestow in order to Bestow, and later, finally, to receive in order to bestow. It’s a great adventure, in and of itself. But it’s all in feeling, not mind. Your mind is a product of your feeling in your current five senses. And your spiritual mind has to also be a product of your feeling (which you don’t have yet, not of the spiritual world). You can’t grasp anything of it with the mind that developed in you out of the experiences of our world. You have to start with a Point, which has no volume, a black point, that is the beginning of the spiritual sense. You have to develop it, very consciously and with purpose, strength and dedication. This happens through the Reforming Light that one draws in the study of the wisdom of Kabbalah – to more and more absorb materials by those who experienced the Upper World and wrote to us from there – especially Baal HaSulam and Rabash, as well as all kinds of exercises they give. This is the method we provide here at KabU.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.