Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Esther
      Participant

Thanks so much Gianni and Julian for the wonderful lessons! I am still quite confused about the sephirot and the Hebrew words but I’m sure that in time it will become more and more clear with continued exposure. Blessings to all.

Manuela
      Participant

Hallo Gianni, hi friends! Sooo interesting.

Question#1: the Zat of Binah and ZA seem to be “equal” in intention (receive in order to bestow). Why are they separated?

Question#2: It has been said that in the spiritual world there is only the law of equivalence of form. It means 2 forces that have the same “vibration” some sort of collapse together. But in the 4 phases we have the presence of the 2 forces of reception and bestow and we are in the spiritual world… I guess I am missing something.

It seems that concepts I had clear sometimes get confused while proceeding in my learning.😊 Maybe I have to review some basics?

ThankU so much! You teachers are all great, indeed.

Sheila
        Participant

Hi Manuela, Hi Gianni!

I surely feel we are approaching the advanced studies now, and I find I am working hard to understand the terminology also. From my notes I understand that Bina is a ‘World’ below Atzilut, Bina is the ‘mother’ world. The farthest one we can truly attain in this lifetime. And Zeir Anpin is composed of the middle 6 sefirot. So each world comprises all 10 sefirot. ZAT of Bina is the lower part of Bina and has the quality of Reception in order to Bestow, as that is the quality of Zeir Anpin, the resident sefirot of that lower part. As Gianni says, ZA ‘clothes’ on the lower part of the world Bina. My understanding is it works this way through all worlds, as we first attain the next world at the bottom. Same as the upper quality of GAR de Bina, meaning Bestowal in the direction of upward to the Creator. That would be the top of each world that we move upward from to the lower part of the next one. Is this right Gianni? Thank you.

Beria, which is’Bina’ of the worlds, is below Atzilut. We can reach Atzilut, especially the lower part of it, which is also the place of Bina there. We can’t ascend above Bina, which is our root. Although, when everyone comes to correction, together there are additional stages we can attain.

You’re right that we ascend the degrees by the lower half of the Upper hanging down into the upper part of the lower one. Then, the lower one can strive to reach Equivalence of Form with the lower part of the Upper degree.

Sheila
          Participant

Thank you Gianni! I remembered Bina being the highest level but didn’t realize that the GE of Bina was available in the lower part of Atzilut. After watching your video explaining GE and AHP yesterday, last night the Creator took my hand to pick the Zohar in my reading time, and I discovered a bookmark in the beginning of the Raising a Prayer chapter. I had forgotten that I put it aside, not understanding it, all those abbreviations and Hebrew words. So I slowly started to read it again, the charts familiar because of your video. Now that I am here I will continue to finish this chapter as I progress through the week. Slowly. After all, the Creator sent me there. 🙂

Manuela, a friend sent me a little button that says, Festina Lente! Now it applies to my studies too!

Sheila
          Participant

Julian’s video.

Manuela
          Participant

ThankU Sheila!🌹

Manuela
          Participant

ThankU Gianni🙏

Hi Manuela,

It’s fine to get confused. Things will get clear, then unclear, repeatedly.

I don’t know where you’re talking about but ZAT de Bina and Zeir Anpin are not equivalent. If you mean where Zeir Anpin clothes on the lower part of Bina, you’re right that they reach some form of equivalence of form, of intention…while retaining their unique character. Likewise, in the end, the Creator and Creature remain distinct – but similar. In the Creature, reception and bestowal will exist in a single carrier: reception in order to bestow.

Manuela
          Participant

Yes Gianni! ThankU and sorry for my English (I am Italian). You and Sheila gave me the answers I needed.🙏

N/a
      Participant

Hi.  My name is George and I’m from Melbourne, Australia.

I would like to better understand the two major parts of each desire.  Are they to receive for my own benefit and to receive for the benefit of others?  If so, how do I recognize within myself whether I am acting out of self-interest or the for the benefit of someone else?

Thanks.

Hi George,

Most productive for now is to notice how I don’t have any actions besides actions motivated by self-benefit, and to notice the wide buffet of types of receiving there are in me. This is the nature the Creator made in us. When we study the Wisdom of Kabbalah the Reforming Light works and exposes this to us more and more, and then it imparts additional work to do beyond this.

N/a
          Participant

Thanks Gianni

carlos
      Participant

Hi there! Just a quick question. In the “Interact” part, ZAT de BINA, you refer that it gives birth to Tiffereth. Cant it be Zeir Anpin instead?

N/a
        Participant

Thanks Gianni.

Hi Carlose. Can Tifferet also be called Zeir Anpin? Yes. This is like how I might be called dad, professor, instructor, or husband – and all would be true depending on my relationship to the other person.

Sarah
      Participant

Dear Gianni and friends,

On a more personal level, I m finding the opposite of closer connection to several people in my life right now.

I feel less desire to be in contact with people who seem inconsiderate.  Is this something I need to look at within myself- where I am inconsiderate ?  Or, in fact, is it a sign of greater discernment ?

In the past, I have found that sometimes I ve had to let go  of something completely before there is room for something better to enter my life. To be clear, I have had to abandon a different spiritual path, judging it for its own worth, without knowing what would come next, before I found the Kabbalah.

Does the same rule apply to both sets of circumstances?

No, with wisdom – basic corporeal wisdom – I learn to distance from those who are oriented away from the goal of my life and introduce only those who are drawn to that goal. With the exception of family, work people, and neighbors, I have no moral obligation to others. I should only keep the ones that I enjoy. But that’s not Kabbalah, that’s just being purposeful. That goes for people and other things too.

Sarah
      Participant

HI Gianni & friends,

Question 1) I m wondering about the “Desire to be like the Creator” , Julian said ” to want the status of the Creator”. That is – to be like G-d , and my question is – isn’t that Ego-ic, it sounds like there may be a competative edge ?

Question 2) Alternatively, since the Creator is Endless Light, the Ultimate One-ness, is there possibly a step missing, ( ie:- Adam HaRishon ) since its roughly the same as a person with this desire seeking to become obliterated, absorbed into One-ness.   Surely it would only be possible to become ( part of ) the Creator, since to be LIKE Him would still to be separate, which in fact isnt possible.   .

Good questions, Sarah. But the truth is that I can’t want to be like the Creator once I learn and feel what that means. I was built with senses that are innately at odds with that venture. So, it’s a fixed game. It’s known that I’ll believe this venture to be egoistic; it’s known that I’ll discover that it’s actually something my ego can never desire; it’s know that I’ll need to, thus, have a group around me that will inspire me to go toward this goal nevertheless since this is goal of life and I’ll have to do it eventually whether in a pleasant or unpleasant manner.

To your second question – no, the ego is as infinite as you think the Creator is. It’s a boundless desire commensurate with the boundless pleasure He wishes to bestow. So, we must only correct it so it can do so.

Sarah
          Participant

Dear Gianni,

I love this, its so exciting to be able to discuss it with you – my deep gratitude for such a gift !

I think you are saying that this is a game above reason, then ?

That the voice of my ego is not going away any time soon, & I have to deal with it. By an act of choice, & with the support of my group of 10, we will be discovering the results of our behaviours – & that to do so is the work of Kabbalah, which is essentially experiential in nature.  ?.

Is that right? Thank you !

That’s right, Sarah.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.