Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 73 through 78 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Johan
      Participant

I think I don´t know  what  egoism is.  would you explain a little bit more about that?

Hi Johan,

Our nature is the desire to receive pleasure. It simply means that every calculation we make is to chase pleasure or avoid pain. This is similar to how any other animal functions. By itself, there is nothing wrong with this nature, it’s simply the program by which we function and preserve ourselves.

Egoism is when this program begins to be used in a way that harms others. Not only do I want to receive pleasure, but I want to receive it at the expense of others, at their detriment. This is the corporeal ego.

There is also a spiritual ego. Spiritual egoism is everything that stands in the way of our connection with the Creator. Normal people don’t have a spiritual ego. This is only something that we discover after doing some serious spiritual work.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/10/true-evil/

Albert @ KabU

Johan
      Participant

where is the spiritual world, the world of causes?

Johan
      Participant

How would kabbalah express the meaning of mental diseases such as schizophrenia?

Johan
      Participant

Do we have a soul?

What’s a soul according to the wisdom of  kabbalah?

Hi Johan,

When we take our desire to receive pleasure and correct it the direction of bestowal, that corrected desire is called a soul. Since none of us are born corrected, we don’t yet have this thing called a soul, but only a soul in potential, which we call the point in the heart.

If we realize that potential, we can grow that desire to the level of the soul, if not, this same potential continues to reincarnate again and again until it gets fully realized.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/06/what-happens-to-the-soul-after-death/

Albert @ KabU

Ronny Cervantes
      Participant

Everywhere I look I see evil. I turn on the TV, I see evil. I put the radio on, I hear evil. When I hear celebrities and the like, I hear evil. The school system across the world is failing. Do you believe that the wisdom of Kabbalah should be disseminated across all avenues of media, all children to be forced to learn this wisdom the way they are forced to learn “His” “Story” in school? Should the wisdom be heard on the TV, radio, and billboards to get more people involved in this wisdom and understand the laws of nature from the very beginning of their life? Thank you.

Hi Ronny,

Disseminated to the world – yes.

Forcefully – no.

As we learn “there is no coercion in spirituality”. But we do disseminate as widely as possible, so whoever is indeed interested in learning these things, will have the opportunity to do so. We’ll learn how to properly disseminate the wisdom of Kabbalah in the more advanced semesters.

Albert @ KabU

Johan
      Participant

what is our sickness , according to the wisdom o kabbalah?

Hi Johan,

Egoism. It is the source of all of our problems because it makes us opposite to the Creator, to His qualities of love and bestowal. And when we’re opposite to Him, we experience an opposite world. Instead of experiencing His reality, in which only goodness exists, we experience our world, full of problems and sufferings.

All of this follows the law of equivalence of form, which we’ll learn in depth in the upcoming lessons. In the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 73 through 78 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.