Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 432 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Azhley Byers
      Participant

Why was Kabbalah hidden, and what makes this current time appropriate for Kabbalah to be revealed?

Hi Azhley,

Kabbalah is the method by which we can correct our egoistic nature. As a result of this correction we become similar to the Creator, to the general force of love and bestowal. As a result of becoming similar to Him, we reveal Him in practice in our lives.

Why was it necessary to conceal such a wisdom? Because egoism was still not yet fully developed. For example: if you compare Kabbalah to a medicine that can cure a rare disease, obviously you can’t take the medicine before you’re diagnosed with the disease, but once the disease actually manifests, you can take the medicine and be cured of it.

It’s just like the 5 stages development of a disease within a person. First a person is healthy. Then he is sick, but he does not feel it. Then the disease spreads to the point that he starts to feel pain and symptoms of the disease. This then pushes him to go to a doctor to get diagnosed and find the cure, and etc.

2000 years ago, egoism was still on a very low level, there was no need to correct it. Starting from the days of the Ari, egoism already grew to a certain extent (and technically the prohibition on Kabbalah ended there), but humanity still didn’t feel sick, on the contrary the ego was the main driving force of all of our development. Then from around 1995 egoism peaked and began to show itself as bad, like a cancer that begins to kill the host body. This is the peak at which there was a true need for the cure. Which in essence is what the Kabbalists have been waiting for all these years, for the desire, for egoism to fully ripen.

Albert @ KabU

Ranga
      Participant

Thank you for a great lesson. Teaching is very clear. Looking forward to going deeper into the wisdom of Kabbalah. I have no questions at this time.

Ranga

JamesM
      Participant

Hello.

This first lesson was wonderful, thank you.

Prior to beginning the course, I contacted Chabad, as I was curious about their opinion on the teaching of Kabbalah to non-Jews, as well as their thoughts on Dr Laitman and B’nei Baruch.

As expected, they did not have a positive view of Dr Laitman or what they referred to as “pop Kabbalah”.

While I generally hold Chabad in high regard, I was disappointed and a bit confused with their attitude.

I would appreciate it very much if you could shed some light on why such negative views persist.

Thank you.

Hi James,

It’s not my place to comment on such things. We need to remember that “there is no coercion in spirituality”. So even if I disagree with the views of other organizations, it’s not my place to fight them or attract anyone to ourselves. No one has the right to coerce others into studying Kabbalah. It’s ultimately the person himself that must feel these things out and find the path that is most suitable for his development. This follows the saying that “one studies only where one’s heart desires”.

Albert @ KabU

Mikael
      Participant

Where did the kabbalists knowledge came from, from the beginning
      Who taught Abraham

Hi Mikael,

Kabbalists are scientists. As such, everything they discovered is from their research. But unlike regular scientists that research our egoistic world, Kabbalists research the upper reality which operates according to the laws of bestowal. In order to research this reality we must first correct our egoistic nature and become similar to these qualities of bestowal. By becoming similar to them, we reveal spirituality in practice, in our lives. This is just like how a radio can pick up an external wave, when we tune the internal frequency of the radio to that wave.

This is how Abraham and even those before Abraham discovered what they discovered. Take Adam for example, he was the first one to actualize this. His name gives us a hint at this since Adam comes from the Hebrew word “Dome”, meaning “similar to”. He was not the first one alive, but rather the first one to reveal and research the Creator by becoming similar to this quality of bestowal. All of this follows the law of equivalence of form.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/kabbalah-without-a-trace-of-mysticism/

Albert @ KabU

Danny
      Participant

I thought i had watched this course in the past and recalled that there was something in the course called the “principle of equivalence” which in some fashion meant that the goal of the  path for a human being is to become equivalent to god. I was not able to find it in skimming through this course now. Is there a different course in which it is discussed? or is it in this course, but i missed it when i skimmed the course?

Sylvania
      Participant

If it is wrong to use amulets to control upper forces for shallow personal gain, is there ever a good reason to try to control upper forces (roots)? What reasons? And how to do this?

Hi Sylvania,

I’m not sure what you mean by upper forces, but when we use such terms in Kabbalah, upper is referring to higher and higher levels of bestowal. While lower is referring to greater levels of egoism. The only way we can come into contact with the upper force, is in our aspiration to become like it, to imitate its qualities of love and bestowal. As such, it’s impossible to use the upper force for egoistic reasons. Any aspiration for personal gain is diametrically opposed to the upper force and will automatically disconnect us from it. All of this follows the law of equivalence of form.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2015/09/where-is-the-upper-world/

https://laitman.com/2013/04/everything-is-attained-by-the-equivalence-of-form/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 432 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.