Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sober Crimson
      Participant

I watched these videos in 2013, and did exactly what Tony said I shouldn’t do: I did a bunch of external deeds, like A BUNCH. And gradually I lost the connection and returned to the path of pain. This time I’m ready to start changing the things inside me that stand in my way of union with Creator.

Dustin Caldwell
        Participant

Well said, Sober Crimson. I first watched the Kabbalah Revealed series in 2016. It found me. I didn’t fully appreciate how real it was, even though I knew it was definitely real in my heart, and I have been on the Path of Pain ever since. It seems like it’s been a humming in the background of my life since then, and it’s just been getting louder and louder until now, and I feel like I can’t ignore it anymore.

Andreanne
        Participant

Thank you Albert. I look forward to all future lessons, as also I continue learning and progressing day by day.

Andreanne

Sarah
      Participant

In the Q&A on Sunday with Tony, he gave the example of the Tsunami, where thousands of people died. I n talking about the “bigger picture”, Tony said that while it was (terminally) bad for the many people who died, it was good for the -few- people who rebuilt the resorts.

I have  questions.

What happens for the souls of the people who died ? They have lost all chance of spiritual advancement, whereas the resort builders only got material gain. Can you explain this?

Also, how efficient is a natural disaster like this in waking people up? I m guessing you have to be quite advanced to look at it & say ” Gosh, I must wake up”, & in fact, if you said that, you d not need the disaster to do it for you, anyhow?

Hi Sarah,

1. The soul is a type of desire. Our nature is the desire to receive pleasure. The soul is the corrected form of this desire, when it’s operating in order to bestow. By default, no one has this corrected desire, so no one has this thing called a soul, only a soul in potential that we call the point in the heart. If we develop that point, it can turn into the soul. If not, this same potential continues to reincarnate again and again until it gets fully realized.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/06/what-happens-to-the-soul-after-death/

2. You’re right, it is a bit limited. People naturally wake up during the disaster (like sheep that band together when a wolf shows up), but afterwards, it’s business as usual.

What would it take for humanity to advance through the good path? That depends on us, on those with awakened points in the hearts. This is because we’re all part of one system. In this system, we don’t choose when to be awakened, but rather there is a certain order of corrections that needs to take place, and each one receives a spiritual awakening when it’s his/her turn for correction.

It’s similar to building a house. There is a certain order in which you need to build it. I’m not an expert on house building, but for the sake of the example, let’s say first you dig the foundation, then pour the concrete, lay the beams, etc, and only at the very end do you paint the house. Meaning that there is no point in even taking out the paintbrush before you finish all of the preliminary stages.

Likewise with us. Those that were awakened to this work first are like the foundation of the house while the rest of the world belongs to the later stages. So until those with awakened points in the hearts complete their correction, there is no point in even awakening the rest of the world for their correction. So we don’t need to wait for humanity to wake up, we need to finish our correction, and this will wake them up.

Albert @ KabU

Sarah
      Participant

HI Albert,

you re a busy man, answering so many questions – which is always very enlightening !

I d greatly appreciate understanding about  “Torah & Mitzvot”, as I expect others besides myself may not know that part of the background.   Can you also speak a bit about what it means by “Above Reason”.

Thank you

Hi Sarah,

Torah comes from the Hebrew word ohr (light). So when Kabbalists use the word Torah, they are not referring to the physical book, but rather to the light. This is a special force that we can extract, especially through the Kabbalistic studies, in order to correct our egoistic nature.

And when Kabbalists use the word Mitzvot (plural of Mitzvah) they are not referring to the corporeal Mitzvot that a religious person performs with his hands and feet. But rather the Mitzvot are the internal processes by which we draw the light and correct the egoistic desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/11/spice-up-your-desire/

Likewise we need to properly define the term [faith] above reason. In Kabbalah, faith does not refer to blind faith or a belief. Rather, faith = bestowal; reason = reception. Faith above reason is the process by which we make bestowal more important than reception.

Albert @ KabU

Coyotebones
      Participant

At 19:30 when you’re talking about the screen. Do I feel this screen for instance when I’m writing or doing something? sometimes it feels like the light approves or wants that action, and the light goes in to what I’m doing, and I feel no diminishing. Then sometimes I can feel like it’s not correct, and i fight it a little, and I know it’s not it’s will? I lose a little bit in my heart that. Does this make sense

paula
      Participant

Hi, Thanks so much for all the effort put into teaching this wisdom.

My question is:

How can I fine tune my awareness at the point of correction? I am very aware of the path of pain and sometimes I am blinded to the path of light.  The awakening lessons seem hard sometimes. How can I stay awake and attuned to the path of light? Is it only through giving to others?  Fake it to make it …  I think my desire to bestow is sometimes from the ego…

Hi Paula,

Of course our desire to bestow is from our ego. This is because our nature is 100% egoistic. So naturally it’s impossible for us to have a true desire to bestow. And that is okay. No one is demanding of us to be saints, no one is demanding of us to have superhuman strength and to conquer our ego. Nope. All that we need to do, and all that we’re capable of doing actually, is just to try. That’s it. We just need to try to be above the ego. We don’t need to succeed, we just need to try. Such efforts are enough to extract the reforming light and it’s the light that ultimately makes all the corrections on us. Our work is only to extract the light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2012/03/building-blocks-of-the-first-spiritual-degree/

Albert @ KabU

Peter Hjorth
      Participant

My questions are already answered in the earlier posts, about the numbers 600.000 and 613. It tickles the brain that the numbers can be so precise, and then when you read about their qualitative meanings, instead of quantative meaning, one starts to understand.

paula
        Participant

Thank you Albert

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.