Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 169 through 174 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Will Orellana
      Participant

Hello,

I hope my questions make sense. In the last video of the lesson, The Language of Roots and Branches, we were told that we all have a root above. Is this to say, that there is a person in the spiritual realm that is unique like me? What I mean is, is this root a person with my name, who lives in the city I live in, in the USA, with parents, etc.? Furthermore, because there are 125 steps, does that mean that there are 125 roots of me above, each more and more developed than myself but resembles my current self as I am here?

Hi Will,

The root of our soul is like our place in the system. Just picture that all of humanity are like cells within a single body, each one of us has a certain place in this body, a certain organ that we belong to. Or picture that humanity is an 8 billion piece jigsaw puzzle. Each person has a specific piece that is only his own, and his role is to reconnect that piece back into the general picture.

So our root is our specific place in the system. The goal for all of us to return to their root, to their place. And the process by which we reach this goal, everything we have undergone in our development in the past, everything we’re going through now, and will go through in the future, all of this is dictated by each one’s unique place in the system.

In other words, every moment of our lives is shaped by this root in order to help us to reach this goal. And every unique experience we have gone through is because we needed to go through exactly that for our personal correction.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/10/the-root-of-the-soul/

Albert @ KabU

James Reiter
      Participant

What is the significance of the 600,000 souls? With 8+ billion humans on this planet where are the 600,000? Who are the 600,000?

Similarly, what about the steps that we descended to this dimensional experience? what is the significance of the 125 steps?

Tony mentioned 613 desires. Where can we learn more about these desires?

Lots of numbers. Are the various numbers significant in any way?

Thank you,
      James

Hi James,

Yes the numbers all have their own significance. When a person attains spirituality, he begins to research it, and discovers all these numbers from his research. But what exactly is he researching, what is spirituality?

Essentially we’re always talking about a desire. Our current reality is based on our current nature, the desire to receive. Spirituality on the other hand operates according to a different desire, that of pure bestowal. The different numbers are just a different way to divide up that spiritual desire. This desire can be divided into 613 parts, or 620 parts, or 600,000 pieces, or 125 degrees, or even 10 sefirot.

It’s just like how we can study a person based on his behavior, or based on his anatomy, or based on his external appearance, or his internal chemistry. Ultimately we’re studying the same person, but from different angles. Same with these different divisions, they are all talking about the same spiritual desire but from different angles or a different scale.

So if we are describing the desire as 613 parts, then we’re talking about the number of corrections that need to be placed over the desire. This number is further divided into 248 desires of bestowing in order to bestow and 365 desires that operate on receiving in order to bestow. We’ll learn about this in detail in the more advanced lessons on KabU that deal with the structure of the upper worlds.

The number 125 comes from the structure of the upper worlds. This structure is just a division of the spiritual desire that we need to correct into sefirot, partzufim, and worlds.

The most basic division of the desire is 1 Sefira. 5 Sefirot compose 1 partzuf. 5 Partzufim compose 1 world. There are 5 worlds in total. So 5 worlds each with 5 partzufim each with 5 sefirot equals 125 (5x5x5) steps on the spiritual ladder. This number symbolizes the gap, the delta, between our nature and the Creator’s nature.

Regarding 600,000, this is less of a quantitative number and more of a qualitative number. It represents the strength of the spiritual desire after it’s been fully corrected.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman to see how this number is derived:

https://laitman.com/2010/09/love-and-hatred-of-600000-souls/

Albert @ KabU

Sean Sotak
      Participant

I watched the video where someone asked about crossing over to the spiritual. the answer dealt with needing to be part of a group in order for this to take place. I was a little concerned that I would not be able to accomplish this as an individual and how I can be apart of a group of 10.

Hi Sean,

In the advanced semesters on KabU, we’ll learn how to do spiritual work in the group and everyone will receive their own virtual group with whom they can put these things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

Denys
          Participant

That will be awesome

Michelle
      Participant

true

Steph
      Participant

Hello and thank you for your  feedback.

In this weeks ‘tip’,  Why am I doing what I’m doing?  What is my intention?   When I am participating in a Kli [group],  should I set my intention on feeling with others, or practice observing and set my intention on loving support instead?

Hi Steph,

I cannot give you a preset formula here. You need to feel these things out for yourself. The main thing is to keep searching, to keep making efforts in the direction of the Creator, through the group.

We’ll learn more about these things in the more advanced lesson.

Albert @ KabU

M H
      Participant

Thank you very much

Viewing 6 posts - 169 through 174 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.