Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      MAROUANE Bakiz
      Participant

1) what is the difference between Adam Kadmon and Adam ha rishon?

2) what does ” individual” referred to in Kabbalah? it refers to The sum total of all opportunities given to us to develop the point in the heart or what?

Hi Marouane,

1. These are two separate things. Adam Kadmon is a part of the system of worlds. While Adam HaRishon is the active part within this system. Similar to how you have planet Earth and you have people or those that inhabit the planet.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/05/the-human-is-the-innermost-part-in-the-system-of-worlds/

2. I’m not sure in which context you’re asking this, but in general the individual is me. I am like a single cell within the whole body.

Albert @ KabU

MAROUANE Bakiz
          Participant

this ” me” ?? which ” me” for example if I didn’t develop my point in the heart in this “me” it will die and I will have another ” me”  ( reincarnation)

I need some clarification here and  gratitude and love thanks to your time and answers

Hi Marouane,

Yes, you can say that. Just keep in mind that reincarnation happens on the level of desire. We all have this desire called the point in the heart. This is our spiritual potential. If we realize this potential, this grows into a desire called a soul. If not, this same desire continues to reincarnate again and again until it gets fully realized.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/06/what-happens-to-the-soul-after-death/

What Happens To The Soul After Death?

Albert @ KabU

Adamski
      Participant

The situations we experience can be seen as surface or beneath surface ..as when seen as surface we react with ego and when we see as deep the we as an opportunity of change / transformation …so then is it our perception or intention by which we transform and change or react to the experience through ego?

Thank you

Hi Adamski,

You can say it’s both the intention and perception. When we try to see everything as coming from one source, that “there is none else besides Him”, then we naturally react differently to the situation. Likewise when we try to change our intention, then we accept the situation as a means to bestow and also look at it differently.

We’ll learn about these things in the more advanced lessons. In the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2017/12/there-is-none-else-besides-him/

Albert @ KabU

Jonathan Lawrence
      Participant

Elegant wisdom. Thank you.

Anthie Televantou
      Participant

Hi,

The Book of Job comes to mind when Mr. Tony mentions the path of pain. Does it give a holistic view on how God shows his love by testing us? I really love this story(it helped me to understand how much material things do not matter) because: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” I really want to understand Him properly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Anthie,

Yes, you can say that the story from the book of Job is an example of the path of pain, that we are constantly being pushed by sufferings towards the purpose of creation. But if instead of waiting for the sufferings to push us, we start to  aspire towards that purpose by ourselves, then we don’t need those sufferings anymore.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2011/01/lets-go-with-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

Esther
      Participant

1. What does Shay refer to on p. 228

2. and what is NRNHY up to Yechida mean on p. 229. in Walking the path of truth?

3. Can you give an example of a spiritual object and their acts?  From p.112 of Attaining the worlds beyond

4. I don’t understand how we can know the purpose of the Creator.  We are too limited. Can you explain?

Thank you

P

Hi Esther,

1. Shay is referring to the number 310. In the Gematria of the Hebrew letters, it’s the written form of the number 310. So for that article, you can replace the word Shay with the number 310.

Check out this article for more details: The Ties between Letters, Words, and Numbers

http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/60270?/eng/content/view/full/60270&main

2. Kabbalah is the method by which we correct our egoistic nature. There are 5 levels to the ego. Corresponding to each level is a light which corrects that level and fulfills it with the pleasure of bestowal. NRNHY is an acronym for the lights. It stands for “Nefesh, Ruach, Neshama, Haya, Yechida.” Yechida is the highest form of light.

3. This is referring to the law of roots and branches. Every object in our world has a corresponding spiritual root. Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2009/09/the-law-of-roots-and-branches-the-most-imporant-law-in-kabbalah/

The Law Of Roots And Branches – The Most Important Law In Kabbalah

4. You’re right, we are limited. As a science, Kabbalah is quite aware of our limitations and works precisely within these limits. This is why Kabbalah divides our research of the Creator into two parts.

The first is His essence (atzmuto in Hebrew). This is He Himself, His point of view, the Creator as an entity separate from the Created beings. We’re incapable of researching this part of the Creator simply because our research tools are not built in such a way that we can grasp such things. Perhaps after we finish the process of correction, we’ll discover additional research tools through which we’ll be able to research these things, but until then we limit ourselves and don’t talk about this part of the Creator because we cannot properly research it.

The other part of the Creator is called Bo-Re (Hebrew for Come (Bo) and See (Re)). This is the part of the Creator that we can research and reveal. How do we research this? Through the desire. When we take a part of our desire to receive and correct it in the direction of bestowal, in that corrected desire, we reveal a certain phenomenon, we call this phenomenon the Creator. This is why there are many names for the Creator (in Hebrew), since every time we correct a different part of the desire, we reveal a different aspect of this thing called the Creator.

So all of our understanding of this thing called the Creator (and any spiritual phenomena) is based on what we reveal within the corrected desire. But whatever exists outside of the corrected desire, whatever we don’t grasp, perceive or attain within the desire, whatever is beyond our tools of research, we don’t talk about. We need to keep these limits in mind in order to stay within the realm of science and not venture off into religion or philosophy.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/11/the-concept-of-god-in-kabbalah/

The Concept Of God In Kabbalah

Albert @ KabU

Esther
          Participant

Thank you for your answers.  There’s a lot to learn!

In regards to the gematria, it says Elohim is 86 like nature.  What does the word Adonoi mean?

Also, regarding the language of roots and branches.  I find it easier to think of the roots more like a seed that contains the essence of everything the tree will become.  In this way I can feel my direct connection to the spiritual world better than thinking of roots which are already developed parts of the tree.   Can you comment?

Thank you very much

Hi Esther,

Adonai translates to “my lord”. There are a lot of different interesting connections in the gematria of the words, like the one you mentioned about Elohim. We’ll learn the important ones together throughout the course.

Regarding the roots and branches they are like cause and effect. The root is the cause and effect we see in our world, the branch.

It’s like watching TV. Let’s say I’m watching a TV show and want to change something in the show. I can start yelling at the show or even turn it off, or go to sleep or make a thousand other actions, but ultimately it will not change the show itself. In order to make any change, I would need to go to the source. In this case maybe contact the director or something.

This is how our world works. That we’re on the level of branches, like that end result of a TV show that was already made. And in order to make any change, we need to go to the roots.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/09/from-root-to-branch/

From Branch To Root

Albert @ KabU

Etienne Fourie
      Participant

I want to thank Tony and the team for sharing the Wisdom of kabbalah to all of us in such a caring way. I appreciate the quality of the lessons and overwhelmed by what I am learning!

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.