Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 3 Discuss Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 265 through 270 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      S
      Participant

How to identify the path of light ? How to walk on it ? How to know from right or wrong about one’s decisions? How to understand that the conscious decision to understand the creator n depth of life is led by the path of light? What will be that sign ?

Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

I get the think because good/evil. But still I cannot see the good in the thing we do to animals. The creatures who are perfectly whole, how can we misuse them so much and use them as objects. I find that a huge misuse of the human kind.

Hi Danielle,

I agree, it’s hard to justify how humanity treats animals. It’s also hard to justify anything else that is wrong with the world. After all, there is so much hatred, killing, wars, etc. How can we justify all these things?

The Kabbalists tell us that every single moment comes to us directly from the Creator, this is called “there is none else besides Him”. Furthermore, they also say that He is the “good that does good”. Meaning that every moment He is sending us nothing but goodness. Why then don’t we see this in our world? Why don’t we feel everything that is happening as something good?

This is because our world is governed by our egoistic nature. This egoistic nature is opposite to the Creator’s nature. Because of that, it inverts the Creator’s goodness into something bad. It’s just like multiplying numbers, a positive times a negative equals negative.

So as long as we remain within this egoistic nature, we will continue to see more evil and suffering in the world. But if we correct our nature to be similar to the Creator’s nature, we will reveal the true reality in which only goodness exists and that our previous egoistic state was nothing more than a dream.

We’ll learn about these concepts in more detail in the future lessons, but in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/06/how-can-we-justify-the-creator/

Albert @ KabU

Helcio
      Participant

Greetings.

I have lots of questions:

1) Is it correct to say from what was shown in the lessons, that our advancements in the comprehension of Kabbalah can be measured (at least for the initial stage, of receiving) by the difference between what is bestowed by the light (creator), and what we are able to receive?

2) And assuming that this is correct, what we call the dark path could be interpreted as the bad things or challenges in life, that are the hidden forces in the master plan that react to that in order to lead us toward corrections (tikun) to push us back to the right direction?

3) Then, what we perceive as bad, could in a way be consequences of us not understanding a part of the bestowal, and if we undestood earlier and took action, could have been avoided? Being more clear, suffering in life could be reduced as we become more capable of receiving more of the bestowal?

4) By pondering about the collective in our actions, trying to help others and make the greater picture better for more than ourselves or just our family, can be considered a way to bestow? Or is the concept of truly bestowing something in a different level, that needs us to reach some sort of attainment first?

Hi Helcio, great questions!

1. True advancement in Kabbalah does not come from comprehending with our minds, but by building the right desire for spirituality.  See my reply to Michael in the Week 1 Questions forum for more details.

2/3. Yes, everything we are going through is ultimately to push us towards the purpose of creation. This goal is already set before us. If we wait for life to push us in that direction, then we experience these pushes as something unpleasant, as sufferings, etc. If we go willingly towards this goal, then instead of sufferings we experience a faster, more pleasant path towards this goal.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/01/lets-go-with-the-light/

4.  True bestowal does not exist on the level of our world. Bestowal is the Creator’s nature. While our nature is that of pure reception. So it’s impossible for us to truly bestow. At best we can perform more and more covert actions of reception. For example, I go to the store and I give them my money, but obviously I want something in return. It’s the same with all of our actions of bestowal in corporeality. Either I do it to receive pleasure directly or indirectly from fame, honor, money, or even the pride of knowing that no one knows about this action, or even avoiding pain or guilt is also part of this same calculation.

So real bestowal, above any calculations for receiving for oneself, does not exist in our world. Real bestowal is purely the Creator’s quality. If we want to acquire such a quality, we first need to correct our nature. This is done by the force of the light we evoke through the Kabbalistic studies. This light begins to work on us, even if we don’t have the true desire to bestow. Even if we’re just like little kids, pretending to be spiritual grown ups. It takes this aspiration of ours and corrects it little by little, building in us a true desire for spirituality, for the spiritual qualities of love and bestowal.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Jurgis
      Participant

It seemed to me as there is 613 desires /challenges for each of us to solve (by changing each desire from egoistic to altruistic).

1. Is there a book that describes each of these  desires?
      2. If there are smaller desires / challenges and bigger desires / challenges – are we all moving from each desire to another in same algorithm (starting with smaller desire and finishing with most advanced)?
      3. Is it possible to find out with which current desire(-s) I am being challenged?  Are there many at a time?
      Michael
      Participant

1. If good and evil are just a perception of my unreal reality and not of the true reality, How can I know when to do a “Mitzvah” when I am not even convinced if this is a good or evil deed?

2. Does ignoring the path of light for the path of suffering produce the same result?

Hi Michael,

1. Our nature is egoistic. By default, it’s impossible for ANYTHING good to come out of it. So we don’t need to focus on doing any good actions. We need to focus on correcting this egoistic nature. Furthermore, we cannot just correct our own nature, it’s only the force of the light that can make this change. Essentially all of our work boils down to extracting more and more of this light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

See my reply below to Micha for more details.

2.  No. Although we say that there are these two paths (suffering or light), in truth we don’t really advance on the path of suffering. It’s like a child that needs to go to school. Pressuring and punishing him is not the same as educating him. So after all of the pressures and punishments we put on him, he will still have to go to school and get his education. In other words, the path of suffering is only there to pressure us to return to the path of light.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2015/05/we-wont-follow-the-path-of-suffering-forever/

Albert @ KabU

Paul
      Participant

The forces of nature are against us, causing suffering, pain. Inner motivation to overcome this suffering, hopefully leads met to the pathof light. Sometimes i feel that my conscience is growing, guiding me to do the right thing, meaning my aim is true. Or is that disguised egoism? Put it differently, Is there on the path of light also pain, spiritual pain?

Hi Paul,

The forces of nature are not what causes us suffering. We suffer because of our egoistic nature, which puts us out of balance with the forces of nature.

Regarding pain, we’re egoists and avoiding pain is one of the major motivating forces for us. If we were to completely get rid of that force, then we would have no drive to continue our development. This is similar to how there are people born without pain receptors. They can be bleeding or standing in a fire, causing great damage to their body without even knowing about it. In other words, pain is an important indicator that we cannot live without.  As long as we remain within our egoistic nature, sufferings and pain will always be there to motivate us to come out of our ego. But once we correct the ego, we will no longer need problems and suffering in order to push us to develop because we ourselves will generate the force for our development.

As for choosing the path of light, we need to keep in mind that this is not a one time choice. Rather every moment we have the opportunity place ourselves on the path of light. Ideally we would like to be on the path of light all the time, but in practice, our egoism constantly grows and throws us back into the path of suffering. At which point we have to choose the path of light again. So we’re as if taking the middle path between the two, as if ping ponging between the two paths.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/01/lets-go-with-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 265 through 270 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.