Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Milos
      Participant

why does the Creator love a person so much

Hi Milos,

All the bad things we see in the world stem from our egoistic nature. The Creator on the other hand is devoid of any egoism, so only goodness can come from Him.

As for the Creator loving a person so much, is it really so? After all, the Kabbalists tell us “the Creator hates the bodies”. So what is love? Does the Creator love us? Why then do we see so much suffering in our lives?

All of these things need to be clarified in order to really answer that question.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2011/06/love-is-a-two-way-street/

https://laitman.com/2011/06/how-can-we-justify-the-creator/

Albert @ KabU

Milos
      Participant

does the person return to previous states that have passed, or is he constantly moving forward

Hi Milos,

The rule that “one is raised in holiness and never lowered.” So we never go backwards. It’s possible that we receive an additional challenge that belongs to a higher degree and that challenge can feel like we’re going backwards, but it’s still a step forward.

This is similar to how a bodybuilder that masters a five pound weight moves on to ten pounds. That ten pounds is much more challenging and he cannot do as many reps as before, but this is nonetheless considered progress and advancement.

Albert @ KabU

Zied
      Participant

In this week material my strong desire to start working in group prevails over other questions to be asked. I feel that everything will be clearer in that time.

I still have a question : when we attain the second revelation and the equivalence of form with the creator do we experience eternal life and no further incarnation? Did Baal Hasulam attained this step?

Thanks

Esther
      Participant

I really didn’t have any specific questions about this lesson to post, I did however read several posts and Albert’s answers and I’m really happy that I did – the questions and reponses really brought a deeper experience – many thanks to fellow students and to Albert!

Jonah
      Participant

When it comes to finding someone to study with are there resources for finding and selecting
      a partner? Are there resources to help a new study group?

Hi Jonah,

In the advanced semesters of KabU, all the students will be grouped up into virtual KabU groups and taught how to do spiritual work in groups.

Also after you graduate from KabU, there is an option to be placed into a local KabU group.

Albert @ KabU

Sheila
      Participant

It is quite ‘human’ in our egocentric way, to wonder what is our progress in any given endeavor, the wisdom of Kabbalah included. But I am noticing that as I take these steps, unknowingly and not by my own volition, I realize that the Creator is giving them to me. Work on the study, concealment, memories, conversation with the Creator, more like a plea for correction, revelation of what happened, back to my studies, seems to be the progression. After concealment I go back to this course or sometimes one of the others I am enrolled in seems a better choice at the given moment and then the revelation.

So back to wondering about progress, I will venture to say it seems to me that there are no bells and whistles going off as one progresses, no Congratulations, Welcome to the next World celebrations, nothing to tell you which of those names might apply at any given moment, except the feeling inside, the internal knowledge of one’s own progress, with no labels really, as the labels would relate only to the ego’s need. Just a recognition of the growing desire and the corrections made, the concealments worked through, and the appearance of reshimot that comes out of the depths of one’s being and the push to continue with the work.

We learn these names, light phases, sefirot, worlds, even the growth of the soul. But these names we are learning, do we just feel them, nameless inside, a deep knowledge of that growing connection to the Creator, or is there some point where we actually have a recognition of where we are on the written chart? And does it matter really? It seems to me that we all start out at a different level and the same with attainment. That the names are there for our learning, our understanding of the progress for everyone. Can you comment? Thank you.

Jonah
        Participant

Thank you Albert.

Hi Sheila,

Spiritual work means reconnecting the shattered soul back into one. We can measure our progress of this work in our attitude towards other points in the hearts. That I’ll feel how my attitude towards them changes, from complete indifference, all the way until I feel them as pieces of my soul.

And when we succeed in reconnecting that shattered soul, even on a small scale, in that corrected connection is where we will reveal spirituality and all of those names, lights, etc that we learned about.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/05/puzzle-adam-harishon/

Albert @ KabU

Sheila
          Participant

Thank you Albert. So what you are saying is that we correct the individual parts of us to make the whole function correctly, together. But the important part here is that we feel the other parts too, other points in the hearts of the other people on this journey, as a part of my own soul also. And so the fact that I am reading the questions and feeling the feelings of the other students here as a part of my own journey to where I feel the need to answer, or to ask, to be a part of their journey together with mine, is a beginning of connecting the point in my heart to theirs. I do feel that. From the beginning of studying here I felt that connection to the instructors, away from space and time as it was said, and I guess this comes from my own ego to notice it.

Hi Sheila,

Yes, essentially the entire correction is in connecting with others. Just picture all of humanity is part of a single system. Like a 8 billion piece jigsaw puzzle. Each piece of the puzzle (each person) is perfect by itself and does not require any correction. Meaning that we don’t need to recolor any of the pieces or cut off any seemingly excess parts. The only thing we need to do is find where each piece fits relative to all the other pieces. And by that we correct everything.

We’ll learn how to do these things practically in the more advanced semesters, but reading other students’ questions is definitely a good start.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.