Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Kristin
      Participant

So after being a fairly religious person for the last 11 years or so. I am struggling and maybe so in my reason and my brain based on what I know and what I was taught , with the concept of prayer . After last weeks lesson we learned that praying is not done with words ? and religion teaches us that praying is to pray to The Creator to change some sort of outcome or feeling or suffering. So I guess now I am confused on how to pray to The Creator. Can I say words with my emotions ? do I just think about it with my emotions ? I am sure I can still say words ? maybe to help me to organize my thoughts and feelings? maybe the words are for me and not Him?

Hi Kristin,

The Kabbalists tell us that there is no one closer to a person than the Creator. We exist in Him like an embryo within the mother. So with or without words, the Creator feels everything that we’re going through.

The main thing on our end is to constantly turn to Him, to constantly be in connection with Him. Whether through words or not, it does not matter, what is important is to constantly turn to Him.

Check out this clip from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://kabbalahmedia.info/lessons/cu/6wKYLYEQ?sstart=53m18s&send=55m17s&mediaType=video&shareLang=en

Albert @ KabU

Jarrett Twaddle
        Participant

I know that a senior instructor is better apt to answer this question, but if I may…
        I grew up Catholic, studied shamanism, converted to Islam, and now live as a Noahide. In short, more invocations and hymns are baked into my memory than I can shake a stick at.
        If structured paragraphs and the memories they hold give you a feeling of comfort, I want to say that this is perfectly acceptable, but the real prayer is what is in your heart.
        It’s important that we all live normal lives and remain intimately connected with our families in whatever way we’re used to; after all, it takes generations to adapt to what feels like a new custom. If you are able to visibly/audibly pray in the way you and your family are accustomed to while knowing in your heart that God is One, there is none else besides him, and remain focused on the intention of love thy neighbor as thyself, then I think that’s a beautiful thing that can add a much-needed depth to these rituals and potentially might even be healing.
        All that having been said, I might be totally off the beaten path and so I welcome correction by our instructors.

Jarrett Twaddle
      Participant

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but lets say you have an abundance of meat, but there is this other food, potatoes, and you’ve never had this food before, but you’ve seen these meat and potatoes together once before and now all you can think about when you’re eating the meat you’re given is how you might want potatoes too, even though there are no potatoes anywhere close by.
      Usually I’d be fine with meat – I’m a carnivore, after all – but lets say that I begin to sense that I have molars – and I do – and I’ve been an herbivore before, but the plants turned on me and I was so burnt that I’ve been eating meat since – now I’m feeling that I want to be an omnivore and fulfill my desire for food in it’s entirely.
      I don’t want to do anything that would disturb these basic food groups – I only feel like they would go well together. That having been said, there is an intense hunger that just isn’t being satisfied like it once was anymore. I keep my feelings to myself, smile, and eat what’s on my plate, giving everything I can to just being in the moment and enjoying what I’m given… but the thought of having a full course comes creeping back in all over again.
      How should I surrender to my circumstances? How does my fasting please the creator?

Hi Jarrett,

In the lesson about the shattering of the common soul of Adam HaRishon, we learned that the only thing broken in the entire system of creation are the proper connections between people. So our entire spiritual work is in fixing those connections.

Just picture all of humanity is part of a single system. Like a 8 billion piece jigsaw puzzle. Each piece of the puzzle (each person) is perfect by itself and does not require any correction. Meaning that we don’t need to recolor any of the pieces or cut off any seemingly excess parts. The only thing we need to do is find where each piece fits relative to all the other pieces.

So there is no need for fasting or doing any work on ourselves. None of that corrects the spiritual source of the problem. All of our spiritual work is in correcting the connections between us.

We’ll learn more about this in the advanced lessons, in the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/05/puzzle-adam-harishon/

Albert @ KabU

Julia
      Participant

In the recommended reading I read that the 3rd level of the will to receive in our world is animals, and in the Spiritual worlds, the 3rd level corresponds to angels. What about other levels of the will to receive? In our world they are still, vegetative, and human, but what are they in the Spiritual worlds? I would appreciate your help.

Erin B
        Participant

When do we map out specific stories in scripture?
        everything so far that makes sense makes sense directly because of Torah….

Hi Julia,

Angel is a general term. It can refer to any of the four levels, including humans, when we have still not developed our free will. Check out this excerpt from Rav Laitman’s blog:

“All the forces of our world, (the forces clothed in matter that we can perceive) are also angels. Even the still, vegetative and animate levels of nature, man included, are angels, because they are completely controlled by the Creator. So who isn’t an angel? Only a Kabbalist, because he becomes independent, a Man (Adam, one who is similar to the Creator), one who is independent from the Creator. A Kabbalist isn’t just one of the Creator’s forces or messengers, and hence, a Kabbalist is not an angel.”

As for the corresponding levels, it depends on the level of desire that is being described. There are many such levels and sub levels. Check out the diagram in the back of Kabbalah for the students which lists a few of these levels of desires. We’ll learn more about them in the future lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Karen Assayag
      Participant

Are the reshimot and 125 steps of spiritual ascent or descent the same for all of us?

Hi Karen,

The ladder is the same ladder, but the process we need to undergo in order to start climbing that ladder is unique to each one. This is because each one of us has a unique root in the common soul of Adam HaRishon. That root determines all the states that we need to go through for our correction.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2010/10/the-root-of-the-soul/

Albert @ KabU

Yeshua Catherineka
      Participant

How should one react when surrounded by deceitful and egoistic ones, how can you connect and bestow?

I mean beside forgiveness any other solution. ?

Hi Catherine,

It depends on your goal in life. If your goal is to reach the revelation of the Creator, this is possibly only when we practice connection and bestowal with other points in the heart in the Kabbalistic group.

If you practice this anywhere else, in the best case scenario you’ll build some good relationships, in the worst case, people will think you’re weird or try to take advantage of you. But either way it will not lead to the revelation of the Creator.

So generally, with the rest of the world, it’s best to just act normal, like everyone else. Meaning don’t make a saint of yourself and at the same time don’t cause harm to others or break the law, but just act the way normal people act.

Albert @ KabU

Loria
      Participant

I enjoyed seeing the illustrations concerning nature.  This seems so universal that what I thought was mysterious is being explained.  The best understanding is that I have an option in attainment.  The way we move has an effect.  My taking time here has brought a change to someone close to me.  We are broadened by the understanding of our issues.  As was said before, we all have them.  I am learning to love the process in not only myself but others as well.  I look forward to sharing closely with a group as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.