Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      maria santos
      Participant

Hello.

In the readings from the Guide to the hidden Wisdom of Kabbalah on page 69 it says “He gave us the desire to be like him” and on page 70 it says “Creator did not instill in us the wish to be like him”, it seems like a contradiction. Can you please explain?

On pages 49-50, It talks about “The Thought of Creation caused creation to happen…Phase 0 generated 4 more phases, which then generated a Root World…The root world, called Adam Kadman generated 4 more worlds: Atzilut, Beria, Yetzira and Assiya.” I thought phase 0 of the Thought of Creation was Adam Kadman, but if I read correctly there are 4 other worlds before Adam Kadman. Can you please explain and if there are 5 worlds prior to the creation of Adam Kadman what are they?

Thank you.

Hi Maria, great questions!

On the one hand, in the four phases of direct light, the Creator evokes a desire to bestow in the created being. On the other hand, in the following phases of worlds this desire becomes concealed. World (olam in Hebrew) comes from the word concealment (haalama in Hebrew). Meaning that each world represents a certain level of concealment of this desire. Why concealment? Because if we simply had a desire, we would carry it out, like robots carrying out their inner scrip. Meaning that we would lose our free will. So this desire becomes more and more concealed in order to give us room to reach it ourselves.

The four phases of direct light (and root phase) preceded the creation of the worlds. This is essentially the blueprint of reality that repeats itself on all the different levels of reality, including in the 5 worlds that follow it, and the 5 partzufim that compose each world, and the 5 sefirot that compose each partzuf, etc. Check out the chart in the back of Kabbalah for the Student for more examples: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZMKAG9VpJehF4anqSBT-RcG4ZqJf6B09/view?usp=sharing

And this article by Rav Laitman for an in depth explanation: Foreword to the Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah.

Albert @ KabU

Ramar
      Participant

Will Kabu put the groups together? We do have time zones.

Hi Ramar,

Yes, in the graduate level courses, you’ll be placed in a KabU group.

Albert @ KabU

Ramar
          Participant

Hello Albert,
          Thanks for your answer. Are time zones taken into account?
          Regards,
          Jacob

Yes.

Steve Miley
      Participant

I am an entertainer, so I view things, through the lens of the enjoyment of others. I can see myself looking back at me through the eyes of others, and stay fairly conscience that the people I engage with all day long, I just different expressions of myself . through exhibiting, and expressing joy and happiness of my spirit, I can see it reflected back to me from the group of people that surround me. I feel that my behavior is natural, and I can see my smile at first, and then slowly if they’re open to it, the spirit will spread out for me and can become if the conditions are right very infectious. This this feels to me like spirituality would I be correct, or as an entertainer a comedian, a musician is it just simply what I am supposed to do to entertain others I don’t know anymore. Sometimes I can keep  the thought of it being an altruistic intent in my mind for a little while when it’s happening yet admittedly, I eventually get lost in the moment and the joy. Well, what say you?

Hi Steve,

I cannot comment on your personal situation. In general, we need to keep in mind that our spiritual correction is first of all in the mutual work we do with other points in the heart. Meaning that it’s primarily within the Kabbalistic group. With the rest of the world, we should follow the rule that “there is no coercion in spirituality” and not force any spiritual work on others. There we should behave normally, just like everyone else.

Normal meaning that we don’t turn into monks and run away from the world. And we also don’t turn into saints and start sacrificing ourselves for the world. But just be normal: work in the normal way, raise our families and take care of our health, etc, all in the normal way that is customary in this world.

As for how to do the spiritual work in the Kabbalistic group, we’ll learn this in depth in the advanced semesters where everyone will receive their own Kabbalah group with whom they can put these things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

Cristie
      Participant

Thank you for the teachings!

Steve Miley
        Participant

I completely understand what you’re saying about working with other points in the heart and I am looking forward to working with in a Kabalistic  group. However, could it be possible that through music and dancing that could have the ability to wake up points in the heart that otherwise may always lay dormant. That it could be the inspiration that ones need to bring about an epiphany that gives them a feeling of spirit, and of something that is greater than themselves, which might in the future take them down the path to further exploring the point in the heart that may lead to spiritual awakenings and attainments. Personally, I came to find nature and the creative force, my first glimpses and the awakening of the point in the heart with 30,000 other people had a Grateful Dead concert where the music played the band we were all there together as one large undulating force of humanity, and we were high quite a few on drugs, but not all we were just all there in the moment together and it was our collective that brought about the entire experience. Thank you so much for your answers and thank you so much for the work you do.

Hey Steve,

Each one of us has a unique path. For some, like you described, this may be what brings them to the path–and for others it may be different. We can’t know what will awaken points in the heart and that’s also not our job. Our job is to provide the opportunity and ability to reach the wisdom of Kabbalah wherever you are. When a person is ready (but remember the world isn’t obligated to study the wisdom, this is really only the role of a few) they need to be able to find what they’re looking for.

The world just needs to know and trust the method of correction that we can provide for them. Just like in our world, we are not all experts on the microwave, yet, we all use one. We don’t need to know how it works in order to use it. This is similar to the method those who are drawn to Kabbalah receive it and adapt it for the general public.

Those experiences like you described are the accumulation of many impressions finally leading us to feel that there is something else more important worth chasing. That’s when they should find the wisdom of Kabbalah. They should be able to find what they’re looking for and that’s why we should call out to all–but awakening points in the heart–this is what the Creator does for us.

Thanks!

Esther Benzaquen
      Participant

Some actions of certain people do not seem to correspond to the desire to receive, exactly. It looks like they are due to the desire to destroy, rather. Is this desire to destroy a distortion of the desire to receive?

Hi Esther,

Even underneath the desire to destroy is a desire to receive, to enjoy destruction.

Albert @ KabU

Lana
      Participant

So if I don’t like another person, find this person hateful and observe their bad qualities (egoism, lack of empathy, narcissism, etc), does that mean that these are all my qualities that I am actually observing?

Hi Lana,

Essentially, any lack of correction we see on the outside, is a reflection of our own lack of correction. It’s like seeing the world dirty because I’m looking at it through dirty glasses. And when I clean my own glasses, I’ll look at the same world, but now it’s clean and perfect.

We’ll learn how to work with these things practically in the more advanced semesters. In the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2019/06/correct-the-perception-of-reality/

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.