Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Johan
      Participant

Hi, this question is kind of personal. I am here with serious doubt. I asked on the other forum about Jesus and the devil ,because I know, since I started studying kabbalah, what an environment which is not useful can do. Right here ,right now, right this time, I am surrounded by (E) churches, which believe seriously about Jesus and stuff, they are in bunches, they yell, scream, and sometimes seem that what they are saying is true. What I would like to know is if I keep being immersed in such an environment, won´t I get contaminated by these kinds of ideology, behavior, ways and get disturbed?

thanks

We’re influenced more than we can imagine by every environment we enter. We can’t control the ones we have to be in like work and family. Beyond those related to these basic necessities, I can choose, and this is really my only free choice, and what determines my future.

Sheila
      Participant

I have a very personal question regarding my prayer. I do not usually share personal issues but I wondered if my request is something that can be included with our upcoming Saturday live session, or perhaps not. This is very hard for me to ask in public but I will ask anyway.

Next week I will have oral surgery that will be somewhat extensive and very painful. Because I am unable to take medications I expect it will be severe pain for a while. And I have an underlying immune condition (fungal-coccidiomycosis) that can potentially kick in and make me very ill for 6 months or more and even be life-threatening at my age now. This is all due to a genetic dental problem from birth. I will do everything I can, but the pain will still be severe and the stress, physically and mentally, is an opportunity for the fungal meningitis to reappear.

I have been praying, pleading for help to get through it so I may take care of my home, my family of 7 rescue dogs, my husband, and my studies here. I am watching Gil speak of how illness can be helped with the right prayer. My surgery is on the 25th. I do not know if I will be able to finish week 5 and move forward but I must do this. I am so embarrassed to even ask, but I am asking. Is this a prayer that can be answered with my effort and my need, or is it just a this-life problem I was given and so must accept whatever happens? Thank you for an honest answer Gianni. I hope to make it on Saturday, but not with a camera as I am mostly toothless now and my ego is not happy. Thank you.

I can always ask my ten to pray for such a situation. I hope that it is an opportunity for them, to pray, to ask for another, and to unite. After all, this may impair your participation with them on the path. Toward the issue itself, if it’s already happening then it is beneficial to try to nevertheless justify the Creator, that there is none besides Him and that He is good and doing good, only I lack the senses to feel it yet.

Sheila
        Participant

So, I just want to retract this request as I just realized that the format on Saturday is not what I had anticipated.

Right. I realized you wouldn’t already have a group. But still, we’ll think of you.

Sheila
          Participant

Thank you Gianni. I am so grateful to be here, to have learned, and felt, as the point in my heart has grown. I am different from the person I was when I first came here and my prayer is truly in my heart, mostly without words, and mostly for my family, my friends on the groups I manage online, a prayer for strength to deal with it and get through it. And although I am afraid I somehow feel that ‘this time’ will be different because of the love of the Creator. And because of the group, even though I don’t really have one I do have the other students, and the instructors, and my books. So many books. A prayer for my strength and ability to come back to the Creator in your minyon would be welcome. I have procrastinated this surgery for a long time but I must do it. I will tell you a funny story. I had already started KabU and had just gone through a beginning lesson about losing your ego. That night while I was flossing my teeth the floss went right through the cemented bridge on both sides and down it went into the sink. I was toothless. I looked in the mirror and laughed. Toothless old hag! I stood there with a funny grin and said my thanks to the Creator for confirming my lesson. My heart is with Kabbalah. My heart is here.

Thanks, Sheila. Our heart is with you.

Steve Miley
      Participant

This really doesn’t have too much to do with the lesson. However, I thought I’d mention the fact that I’m starting to have Kabbalah dreams in which I’m having revelations that I just can’t hold onto, fully when I wake I suppose I need to start writing this down wouldn’t you think? One was on the voyages of Sir Francis Drake around 1524 when he’s sailing through the straits of Magellan and just thinking of how far society has come since the 1500s as far as technological advances and the fact that society itself technology is all becoming more and more novel and complicated in the physical world, I kind of imagine that the same evolution of man would be going on inside man himself,  in relation to the ALL. It’s just completely trippy and awesome that in the last 400 years we have come so far on this planet, and I would imagine what we materialize on the planet as far as technology and progress, would be in relation or be equal to where we are spiritually. If that being the case seems like humanity is evolving, exponentially fast and I would imagine spiritually we would be doing the same. What do you think?

Our “advancement” in our world is more correctly an indication of the changes we need to go through now, and in the end, when we see ourselves in a few years we’ll see that we have not advanced since this world was made not for us to discover continents and technology, but to use this reality as a stair to the Upper World. We’ll realize that we’re medieval, stunted, brutes and that all the true advancement is ahead of us.

No, we don’t have something like that in the wisdom of Kabbalah, to write down our dreams. Our dreams are simply the filing of files into a filing cabinet when during the day I did not know how to organize correctly the various stimuli in my experience – meaning in a spiritual manner. Therefore, I don’t need to delve my dreams to advance spiritually.

Sarah
      Participant

HI, Gianni & Friends,

My question is about the origins of Kabbalah.  I m wondering if in the time of Abraham, people had much less ego we do now ?  He broke the idols & had sussed there was only One force of Creation.  Then he went into the desert and opened his tent to all comers, telling them about ……..I guess…………. all this ?  HOW did he know?   I m guessing again that some of the people who he talked to became his “group of ten “, and then they sussed the rest ?

I’m asking – did the Reforming Light make an exception in his case & respond , so he was able to be guided BEFORE he had fully understood ?

And – this may be my last question here. I d like to thank you, Gianni, as I ve greatly enjoyed our correspondences, and learned  so much from you. Blessings !

Steve Miley
        Participant

Thanks, I guess I never thought of it that way, though I can clearly see your point. I much appreciate your insight.

First, I’m not in the state of Abraham (which is attainable for a person) to be able to talk from there, but we’re in a system and the laws universally apply – like gravity. But different particles – toward this system we’re like particles – ascend according to their relative mass, called Aviut (coarseness). Special souls like Abraham have a lighter coarseness alongside a great Point in the Heart. One is subject to the conditions of the generation in which they are born, which comes out like a wave – and then there’s the unique root of the soul. So, there are those such as Adam, Abraham, Moses, Rashbi, Ari, Baal HaSulam that have conditions that, yes, they’re special. But the laws are there, above each one, and each has an opportunity to attain within their provided conditions.

Varda kahalany
          Participant

Hello Gianni, while reading your answer to Sarah you mentioned ‘special souls’ and ‘unique root of the soul’.  I thought that all souls originated from the shattering of ‘Adam Rishon’ and I am a bit confused about the meaning of ‘the root of the soul’ if this is so. In addition, since everything happens for a reason, why is it that souls have different level of coarseness ? A soul which is coarser would have to work harder in order to attain the creator then a lighter soul who already has some degree of attainment.  I hope my questions are not stupid or childish and I would be grateful if you could explain them a bit.

thanks 🙂

No, they’re good questions.

“Special souls” just means they have a special role in terms of the order in which their part is required to help others attain their souls. And the system can’t move forward without them.

Yes, it’s harder if your soul is higher (your Aviut is greater) however, on the other hand, no – because the effort is relative and different for each one such that each will nevertheless reach the end of their abilities to reach for spirituality and will thus be forced to turn to the Upper Force for help.

sj
      Participant

The more I learn about altruism and the way of the Creator, the more I see how egoistic I am. And while at the beginning of this course, I felt very “high” spiritually (felt connected to the Creator, was thinking of others first, peaceful mood 99% of the time, etc), now I seem to be the opposite, giving in to every egoistic desire that pops up and being more moody. Am I doing something wrong? Am I perhaps not studying enough? Or is this part of the ups and downs of learning about spirituality?

It feels worse to know all this information and then go react poorly just because someone was rude to me at work or something. I feel like I should know better by now and I feel quite guilty knowing that the person I reacted poorly to is the Creator’s precious creation just like I am.

All that happens when we study Kabbalah is that what we already are is revealed to us more and more. I’m a desire to receive for myself, and there’s nothing else in me. But I still think there is something besides that. A light needs to shine a little deeper and then I’ll see that. And that will be good because there’s an Upper Force that is ready to help me with every little request that is in this direction. But I don’t ask yet because for me there’s no real need. That’s why it needs to first be revealed to me, so I’ll be able to truly ask.

Try not to kick yourself as that doesn’t help whatsoever and there’s no commandment to feel bad. Baal HaSulam writes that the difference between a simple person and a great righteous is in how much of the evil in him is revealed. Everyone else around me feels just fine because all the matter of correction is still concealed in them. This is why Baal HaSulam writes that he is not sorry about the evil that got revealed, but he’s sorry for the evil that remains hidden from view. With what’s revealed I can already tell the Creator that He made me like this, and I demand that he change it.

Sarah
          Participant

WOW! Thats totally brilliant. helps SOOO much !

Loria
      Participant

I have a question about friendships that did not work out in the past.  I have learned that all are one in our Creator and that the experiences that I may have treated as unacceptable are a part of my growth from above.  How can I connect in this instance with someone I lost contact with through miss understanding and immature perceptions?

I think that if I understand the light in my life, this is an opportunity to change the world around me.

How can I rekindle an old friendship? Kabbalah doesn’t help me do so. To do that there are such obvious means one doesn’t even need Kabbalah. Really, just do it. Kabbalah deals with higher things, how to correctly relate not to some person but to the entire reality including everyone and with them to the Upper Force. Then I’m correct toward the whole reality. And of course I don’t need to be sorry for anything I’ve done in the past since in this all is perfected.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.