Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ed
      Participant

Let me see if I am understanding the screen: I need to turn my desires from pleasing myself, to pleasing the Creator, or in other words excepting the answer of my desires because it will please the Creator? Are we talking corporal desires, spiritual or both? Is this the act of being grateful or something else? Thanks!

Ed,
        It’s something else.  It’s something that is impossible.
        We can’t do it by might or force, although we have to try.
        From trying and trying and investing so much and learning about ourselves and the system we are in, we come to truly need it, not as a luxury, but as a necessity and when we reach that true desire, then the Creator gives us what is called our second nature, just as He gave us our will to receive, now He gives us our will to bestow.
        Seth@KabU

Helen
      Participant

Dear instructors, can you describe, what is it like “become like the Creator”? I mean your personal experience, how exactly are you different from your old self?

thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,
        This is a personal question that can’t be communicated in that way.
        This is like a a boy asking his dad what it’s like to be a dad.  He can explain, but he can’t really because they need to share an experience.
        If they share the same experience, then they are similar and understand each other.
        Seth@KabU

Ranga
      Participant

Greetings to all instructors and my fellow students. This is going to be rather a long mail so I crave your indulgence. Slowly but steadily, I have reached week 4 in my Kabbalah course. Have I achieved a point in my heart? Maybe a shadow of a fraction of one? I don’t know. I have still not managed to attend a live session due to my circumstances. Maybe one of these days I will attend and ask my questions directly.

Coming to the point.

The other day I was watching Gilad’s video on the Tree of Life. I understand that from what we have been instructed so far that intellectual comprehension is not important when studying Kabbalah but we are so used to intellectually comprehend anything that this bottomless pit (as referred to by either Gilad or Asaf) is not easily acceptable. Maybe in time we or rather I will get over it by raising my yearning for the wisdom. I know I have to work on my intentions, I guess. That will be a work in progress till this body drops.

In the video, the Hebrew alphabets in The Name of God Havayah or something close, is equated with the 5 worlds and the 5 phases of life and came up with number 125 steps of our ascent/descent. I could not wrap my head around this. And that’s another thing. Hebrew terms and alphabets are used sometimes without a proper explanation. I am not from a Jewish background and I am sure that there are a dozens of my fellow students who are in a similar situation. Would you consider doing a rudimentary course in Hebrew for KabU students or could you indicate where we can access such a course. I think that would tremendously help. You think it will? For my part I have bought a primer “Learn to write Hebrew” and I am for the nonce plodding through it. But if you can introduce such a course, that would be of tremendous help?

Also, it would help if we had an environment where students can gather and connect with each other? I suspect you do have such gatherings. I am a resident of Toronto. Do you have get-togethers in our city? Please let me know and I would love to participate.

I think that’s all for the nonce. My compliments to Gilad and Asaf for their patience and their depths of knowledge.

Thank you very much.

Warmly,

Ranga

Ranga,
        Gilad has a Hebrew course in our curriculum called Cracking the Code.
        After the fundamental courses, you will have the opportunity to join other students in live classes and after that to join a group of students where you can do the practical work of kabbalah together.
        Seth@KabU

Koena
      Participant

Thank you.

Ranga
        Participant

That is great news Seth. Thank you very much. I will check it out.

Ranga
      Participant

I am always insofar how to address Tony. Can I address him as  Rav Tony. It’s always a great pleasure to listen to his lessons. He makes the most complex subjects so easy to understand . I look forward to delve deeper into the wisdom of the Kabbalah.

i also like to hear Gilad and Asaf. So far I have only Liston the recorded version. I hope to join live before too long. Thank you.

Ranga

Ranga,

You can refer to all the instructors by their names, as if they are your very good friends.

Seth@KabU

Zied
      Participant

Hi Seth,

I have some questions that I hope will be relevant: Does each one of us have a different screen? Is constant thinking about the creator intention (desire to bestow) a way for us to build this screen and hence our perception of the spiritual?

Ranga
        Participant

Thank you so much dear Seth. Appreciate it.

ranga

Zied,
        If you want to have a coffee, or have a hug or go outside, these are all things you can do with your arms and legs but how can you touch the Creator?  With what hand?  How can you taste him?  With what tongue?
        We don’t have any vessel to feel spirituality.
        What we do have is our current perception and what we can do is two things.
        On the one hand, we want to learn about and identify our true nature.  What is the nature that He made.  He made a will to receive.
        That is what we are, from the beginning of the day until the end of the day, all we do is try to figure out how to fulfill ourselves, even when we do something for another, we do it in order to fulfill ourselves.  By learning our nature, we can then start to feel, what must bestowal be.  We know what reception is, but how can I do something that is not for myself?
        And on the other hand we constantly ask Him to help us, to connect us to Him, etc, we will learn a lot more about this.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.